GKs

• Some of these should be pretty good value for money considering clean sheet is now 2p.
    For example Rui Patricio has a spread of 2p and has 4 very winnable games.

Anyone know of any GKs with 1-2p spreads who have a good chance of keeping a couple of clean sheets? Shame about Serie A otherwise Handanovic would have been perfect (1p spread). Unfortunately he only has the two games vs Getafe.

• @NewUser566192 Hi there Mat sels Strasbourg GK 19p 2p spread somebody metioned him in the sub 20p section so cant take the credit.

• @NewUser566192 said in GKs:

Some of these should be pretty good value for money considering clean sheet is now 2p.
    For example Rui Patricio has a spread of 2p and has 4 very winnable games.

Anyone know of any GKs with 1-2p spreads who have a good chance of keeping a couple of clean sheets? Shame about Serie A otherwise Handanovic would have been perfect (1p spread). Unfortunately he only has the two games vs Getafe.

Donnarumma gets clean sheets for Milan and has won PB, four times. He's Italy's first choice GK at only 21.

0_1583870150448_upload-5bf6357f-c37c-4a7f-91f5-cd3b6aa151d8

• @Londoner Quality player who I have been tempted with in the past. Pity Milan is in Italy...

• @Doug-s said in GKs:

@NewUser566192 Hi there Mat sels Strasbourg GK 19p 2p spread somebody metioned him in the sub 20p section so cant take the credit.

I've been an advocate of Sels for a while now after he kept 3 clean sheets for me in February for IPDs. At 2p a clean sheet it's an 11% return for 1 clean sheet at his current price. I don't think there is a better value keeper on the index tbh for IPDs.

• David Soria 26 y/o Getafe GK looks value at 29p, they keep a lot of clean sheets, still in the Europa league and will probably be in Europe again next season.

• Mandanda @ Marseille
    Rajkovic @ Reims both 2p spread
    12 clean sheets

Rajkovic has better chance of clean sheets with games coming up

• I’d go with Gulacsi, playing against Bulgaria on 26/3 and maybe also the next round on 31/3. Plus he’ll have 2 CL QFs in April which are gold days. Quite a lot of potential dividends!

• @NewUser455434 are the international's eligible? Don't remember it being confirmed....

• Yes, confirmed. I’ve seen a couple of CS reply screenshots on Twitter

• Butelle at Angers. 20p, 1p spread, they've conceded 1 goal in their last 4 games. Next 2 league games are against the bottom 2 teams in the league too. If you leave it a couple of days to purchase, you'll get 1 extra game in there...though admittedly it is against PSG!

• Keep saying it but Dean Henderson is a no brainer for me at the minute!

• @Evo said in GKs:

Keep saying it but Dean Henderson is a no brainer for me at the minute!

He was for me when I first joined but then I offloaded as goalkeepers don't have much value in terms of PB's, IPD's and in general don't seem to increase much in terms of their share price.

I seem to remember reading that on a few post from experienced users also.

• @Evo

£1.32 for a goalkeeper might be the biggest bubble on the index right now.

• I suppose I should explain why for newer users. Keepers rarely win PB because of how the matrix works at the moment and their limited involvement in the game. When they do keep a clean sheet, they are likely to be outscored by one of their defenders on the same team, who also benefit from the clean sheet bonus. To have a shot at a PB win, keepers usually need to do something ridiculous like save a penalty, keep a clean sheet, and also make a lot of saves in a single game. They also struggle to win MB unless they make a horrible gaffe, goalkeeping is just not very flashy.
    Until there is a matrix review they will not be valued in the same way as outfield players. If you look at the average price of keepers on the index (or even just in this thread) and then look at Henderson, you'll see that his price tag is astronomical in comparison. There's just better things to be doing with your money.

• @DillyDong said in GKs:

Keepers rarely win PB because of how the matrix works at the moment

Dubravka, Gomis Dijon, Guaita Crystal Palace, Gulasci RB Liepzig, Rajkovic Reims, & Sepe Parma are just the ones I own (or owned) that have won PB this season. Since the matrix update it's not as rare as it used to be & decent keepers will actually be more likely to win PB than most of the defenders with whom they compete.

Henderson's price has been driven up, amongst other factors, by the outstanding form of both him & the Blades, possible England call up (& dodgy form of current Eng GK's), likely to return to Man Utd & push DDG for starts or alternatively stay with Sheff Utd for a possible European campaign next season. All in all a perfect storm of good news together with a quite high IPO price (can't remember exactly) leading to high demand & few sellers, resulting in a high price. Might look a bit over bought at 131p but then when compared to say a 16 year old at a championship club currently trading at 439p he looks decent value!

• @NewUser159387

All perfectly valid points that explain how his price has inflated, but at the end of the day he's won 0 PB, 0 MB and his highest PB score all season has been below 150. You're getting barely any return even if he wins every clean sheet IPD available to him in the next month because his base price is already too high for a goalie.

He has no intrinsic value, so the only reason to buy him is to flip him on speculation. If he replaces De Gea, well De Gea hovers around 70p, Pickford is worth even less. So you need to buy and sell before the transfer goes through and his price corrects. If you buy now are you really expecting a goalkeeper to rocket in price any more than he already has?

I see it as high risk, low reward. Plenty of better places to put your money in the £1-£2 range. Stick it all on Muller or Moutinho or one of the german goalscoring defenders instead.

• @DillyDong

You have some very valid points & I'm not advocating buying him at these levels just explaining how he got there & why he & other GK's might still have value. Let's assume he becomes both England & Utd first choice keeper, well if you want to own him (+ the associated MB draw) you'll need to pay the market price & the market currently values him at 131p. Is he worth that? or is Bellingham worth 439p? The market thinks so but I'm not sure I would put my money into either at those prices, although I did buy Henderson at 41p & sold in the 60's. Should GK's get a dedicated way to win or an increase in CS dividends for instance then they all immediately get a boost in value, just look at the price spikes simply on those rumours, so many current buyers are just hedging that possibility.

• Don’t buy Adrian as the guy shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near a football pitch 😂

• Matz Sels at 22p. Gets in play divs regularly. Mid table PB league.

Next game against lower opposition - Dijon FCO, with double div points worth a shout. Especially as he doesn't change much in price.