Finally

• Before the big splurge yesterday when FI went mad I finally got my port etc back on an even keel. When I joined at the start of December I thought this little venture was going to be an easy money spinner - was I wrong and any newbie out there that thinks that is the case be aware. I made some horrendous mistakes by following the leader and that cost me a few bob when my experience didn't recognise what is affectionately known as a "pump and dump". I then started looking at flipping my holds but was either too slow or bought at the wrong time and tried to sell at the wrong time. New strategy let me try buying holds for 3 years - get them cheap and watch them grow. No chance that was not fun nor was it profitable and the only way out was to IS. I listened to the voices of reason on this forum and had some good picks but they started going into the red and I panicked at wee bit. I listened to voices on here that sent me completely in the wrong direction. I was on a loser and wasn't sure which way to turn. So I took the hit and sold everything to start again (at a loss) and it was just before the big announcement yesterday that I finally got even and after the windfall of yesterday I am now in profit for the first time with a PL of 16.14% and it makes today, with the sun shining a lot more pleasant. I only have 6 players in my port now and would like peoples opinions on where I stand with them or should I revisit a couple:
    Bruno Fernandes - speaks for itself really but will he make the magic 10 figure to match Jadon
    Earling Braut Haaland - Going bloody well in Dortmund and I think/hope there is more to come from him on the transfer front in the not too distant future
    Eden Hazard - crocked at the moment but still one for the Euro's (if they go ahead) I think. Either way a class act when fit and might, just might, move from RM
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka - one for the future - hopefully for England. Will definitely be one of the better defenders in the PL over the next year or so
    And now 2 outsiders - took a punt on their futures not so much for today; Jack Stacey at Bournemouth and Tom Kleindienst - a 24 forward at Frieburg.
    And that is it just six players (for now) and will see how they get on - opinions of good or bad gladly accepted. For any new investors don't go mad at the start and things will happen fingers crossed.

• @Gary-T
    my initial thought, if you only joined in december and you have been through all of these different strategies already it sounds like you are someone who is quite reactive, there is alot to be said for patienece on here and if you believe in your initial strategy you need to give it a chance to work.

• I'd say work out your exit strategy for Bruno and Haaland.

Both rocketed recently and likely to increase in future, but what price do you think you would be happy cashing out from? I try to think of what I think their value is, and sell around 50p-£1 lower to minimise risk(on the higher priced players)

As previous comment says, you seem to be quite reactive, so the concern is that you IS if they drop temporarily and lose a lot from the spreads.

Best advice I can give us that you can lose money on a good trade and win on a bad trade, exit point is key

• @Moukoko just realised my advice was basically this:

You've got to know when to hold 'em
    Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run
    You never count your money
    When you're sittin' at the table
    There'll be time enough for countin'
    When the dealin's done

• @Moukoko You could write a song

• @Moukoko 😂👌👍

• @G27 Absolutely right with your assessment. From the start I didn't know what was the best strategy for me and because of some of the advise, good and bad, I traded accordingly. However, having looked at how FI works (I think) I have now set my goal of not reacting to something that turns red/blue - Hazard being the is a casing point. Picking a few players for PB/MB and a couple for the future. @Moukoko is exactly right about the exit strategy for Bruno and Haaland so that is another chapter I will have to learn. Cheers guys for the input

• @Moukoko said in Finally:

@Moukoko just realised my advice was basically this:

Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run
    When the dealin's done

Is this a take on Kenny Rogers song, the gambler lol

• @Gary-T I disagree on exiting Bruno right now. He is safely settled at United for the next 2 to 3 seasons. The media love him. He’s a real character (telling pep to hush it!!! Loved that!) a PB player who gets all set pieces and penalties. I was the first on this forum to say he will be £12 and I’m confident he will. When he reaches that benchmark, then ‘plan to exit’. That’s my advice.

• @Ddr said in Finally:

@Moukoko said in Finally:

@Moukoko just realised my advice was basically this:

Know when to fold 'em
    Know when to walk away
    And know when to run
    When the dealin's done

Is this a take on Kenny Rogers song, the gambler lol

Is that a serious question 😂

• @Sol said in Finally:

I disagree on exiting Bruno right now. He is safely settled at United for the next 2 to 3 seasons. The media love him. He’s a real character (telling pep to hush it!!! Loved that!) a PB player who gets all set pieces and penalties. I was the first on this forum to say he will be £12 and I’m confident he will. When he reaches that benchmark, then ‘plan to exit’. That’s my advice.

Everyone trades differently but with the premium MB/PB holds I believe it's more important to consider the income stream rather than the price; I doubled my holding in Bruno in Jan (when the move was in doubt) buying around £4.10, making my average price £3.30, since then he has more than doubled in price so I could cash a great profit. HOWEVER he's returned 116p in dividend income in just a couple of months & given he looks to be a solid winner for the foreseeable future I ask myself can I see a better player to invest in for those type of returns? If not my money is better staying put, the grass is not always greener!

Now 116p on my average buy price of 330p is a simply fantastic return but I would argue it's still pretty decent on a £10 player in just a couple of months, so essentially I still think he's good value even after such a price rise. No problem with people cashing profits on him, there's no right or wrong way to trade FI, but I doubt there will be few higher dividend earners on the platform than him over the next few years, which is why I will not sell yet. How many have sold him yet then had to buy back in at higher prices?

My exit point will be at some such future price when I no longer see him offering value, either from being too high a price to justify his returns (but given possible future dividend increases that would be significantly higher than now) or his circumstances change to mean his potential earning outlook is significantly worse, like career threatening injury or leaving Utd. Always good to cash a profit but often pointless if you are intending to invest it again in a poorer choice.

• @Gary-T said in Finally:

@G27 Absolutely right with your assessment. From the start I didn't know what was the best strategy for me and because of some of the advise, good and bad, I traded accordingly. However, having looked at how FI works (I think) I have now set my goal of not reacting to something that turns red/blue - Hazard being the is a casing point. Picking a few players for PB/MB and a couple for the future. @Moukoko is exactly right about the exit strategy for Bruno and Haaland so that is another chapter I will have to learn. Cheers guys for the input

Remember it is impossible to follow every bit of advice you read as everyone trades differently. You have to remember your reasons for buying or you will get pulled every which way. Theres a wealth of information on the forum but keep in mind its a dog eat dog game so look at every pump as a salesman trying to sell you there product, you have to pick the right product for you not just follow the salesman that sells you the best pitch

• @Gary-T Firstly, congratulations on turning your portfolio around and getting back on top of it. You may have lost some money but you will have learnt a lot from your losses and experience.

I am not going to talk up or down any of your holds. My only concern would be as mentioned above you seem quite reactionary. A 6 man portfolio is a bold move and I would suggest it is normally the more experienced traders who would try this. You are going to win dividends and I suggest you put these into new players to try and diversify further.

The forum is full of good advice but all coming from different strategies, risk appetites, buy prices etc. Do your own research and learn your own strategy and risk appetite.

Good luck!!

• Thank you guys - I have listened to some good advice here. So without panicking, no further investment and just using the sell order to increase my balance I have now managed to increase my port - in light of today's announcement I hope I have made some better calls:
    Neymar, Bruno, Pogba, Haaland, Hazard, Wan Bissaka, Neto, Coady, Stacey and Kleindienst - fingers crossed eh for and upturn

• @Gary-T said in Finally:

Wan Bissaka, Neto, Coady, Stacey and Kleindienst - fingers crossed eh for and upturn

^^^^
    I think you've nailed it my son, nailed it 👍