Current Holdings and their potential

• I have been trading on FI just over a year now and i have not done too bad and am currently making 45% profit. I initially started with £500 as per the offer but over the year have put a total of £6k. I have never really held any top players (expensive) or performance based players. I generally buy player between 20-70p and a lot of shares. Currently holding quite a few players who are either coming back from injury or have not had the greatest seasons in the hopes of picking them up cheap and seeing how things pan out over the next 6 months to 1 year. I am interested to know what people think of this strategy and if anyone else has taken this approach?

0_1583944675099_upload-94f58cef-424c-4fb8-aa01-06cd0f9ff6e9

What are peoples thoughts on the current list of players?

• @Borko-S What's your exit strategy on these players? Easy to buy cheap in bulk, hard to sell. If you IS you wipe out most of your profit. Unless you buy the "golden ticket" like Ighalo joining Man United I cant see much reward to your strategy. Others may have a different opinion. I would always recommend a diverse portfolio and strategy.

• Well done! Just shows as has been said many times, there are many different ways to make money here. Can't comment on your players as I haven't heard of any of them, except Milivojevic. @Martyn-B has beaten me to it: I was going to ask how do you bank your profits? It would be very hard to market sell players who are not in demand, and the spread has to be small enough to allow you to IS at a profit.

• @Martyn-B I tend to IS most of the times and at these prices, its not much of a loss. I guess i only need one or 2 to do well. I am not expecting all of them to rise. I previously bought players like tom davies around 50p and sold at around 80p (after the spike), Sofyan Amrabat, Dujon Sterling, Trossard, Arnaut Danjuma, Djenepo. I've also had buys were i lost money as well as i was holding for too long without any movement. No real exit plan, if i feel that the profit enough i tend to sell but only if i have another player in mind.

• @Martyn-B said in Current Holdings and their potential:

@Borko-S What's your exit strategy on these players? Easy to buy cheap in bulk, hard to sell. If you IS you wipe out most of your profit. Unless you buy the "golden ticket" like Ighalo joining Man United I cant see much reward to your strategy. Others may have a different opinion. I would always recommend a diverse portfolio and strategy.

Completely agree with Martin here. Cheap players are very difficult to market sell. I would wait for a slight spike and then sell. I hold only 3 players in the 35-50p category. All 3 are good holds (and won’t mention them so I’m not accused of ‘pumping’) you might want to venture into the known MB and PB players. One of them, who I won’t mention is a solid hold for 2 seasons 😉😉 and another strong contender is Kane. I sold Kane some time ago and regretting it now. Looks good for MB over the summer too.

I should also say congratulations also. That is a great return in your first year. 👏

• @Borko-S Sorry, feel I was a little harsh in my initial response!! Congratulations on your returns to date, you have a similar profit to me and been on FI a similar length of time so you obviously know what you are doing. Very different strategy to mine but just highlights the many different ways to make money on here.