Movement in spread

• Bought 300 Sarabia at £1.14 this AM with a sell price at the time of £1.11. I was happy to take a punt on this one given the 3p spread and take a small hit if things didn't work out.

While he's got an assist to his name and a 4p rise I'm perplexed how the spread has widened from 3p to 12p!?

0_1583961903486_Screenshot_20200311-212135.png

Anyone got any thoughts, insights or noticed any other strange spread movements? I just don't understand how a 4p rise can trigger an 8p widening of the spread? I've only ever seen a spread widen like this when a player gets dumped not modestly rises. 🧐

• Sell queue has increased quite a lot with people buying and instantly listing and a lack of buyers following up?

• @SIFI wouldn't listing the player drop the price in that instance?

• @DW FI risk assessment is part of what makes up the spread. They have doubled IPD's, so potentially doubled their risk. Not surprised if they increase the spreads. Also wouldn't surprise me if just before the deposit bonus ends then spreads will increase drastically.

• The spreads increase during games.

Will be back to normal shortly after the match - relax. 👍

• @Martyn-B that's a good insight, it is what it is but the cost of me quick selling has increased by a factor of 4 (so way more than doubled) from where I noted it this AM without any obvious negative activity on the player.

• @Ericali more just curious on something I've not observed before, better understanding of the background mechanic's allows for better decision making.

• The spreads got massive on a lot of players straight after the announcement. Hannes wolf had a 4p spread for weeks then since the announcement he has had a 12p spread. Ive noticed it with a lot of players since yesterday and its not just on ones that have had big price movements

• @Black-wolf said in Movement in spread:

The spreads got massive on a lot of players straight after the announcement. Hannes wolf had a 4p spread for weeks then since the announcement he has had a 12p spread. Ive noticed it with a lot of players since yesterday and its not just on ones that have had big price movements

You get the feeling FI wants traders to keep money in the platform with the deposit bonus, but also with the spreads discouraging ISing. Bruno's is 86p and EBH, 67p.

• @Londoner i know, most players have almost a 10% spread. In fact if you add in commission you would be paying over 10% to IS a player