FI Pulling Out the Stops to Prevent Panic!

• With the Footie -595.36, compared to the previous day's near +2000, FI have now stopped IS from appearing on the Ticker (Recent Activity), in the last hour or so. This is not necessary. I know IS is not suspended as I've tested ISing several players, then cancelling before it's confirmed.

0_1583973070372_upload-84ddea1b-71d8-46a1-bbf0-1010977da643

Many of us have worked heard recently trying to calm the nerves of jittery traders. So the same advice goes to FI as for everyone:

CALM DOWN!!!!!!!

0_1583973154089_upload-cca10b3a-e1e7-4e8b-9529-225f6f7137ac

• @Londoner

Oooooh, how very Chinese Government ... 🇨🇳

The Football Index surely know what they will need to do if they want money to remain in the platform, especially if the footballing world goes into a month long shutdown ...

Increase that fuckin buy bonus!! ... 8% is good, but if the double dividend payouts are not going to be paid out as there are no games, surely a wee 15% deposit bonus would get the panic merchants to hang around and reinvest!? 🤔

The world is not going to end, it's just going to be incredibly boring for the next month or two! 😎

Nearly time to crack open 'The Sopranos' box set for another viewing ... 👍👍

• @johnboywalker aha im series 2 ep 3

• Only see this getting worse tbh Italy is just the start of it, cannot see any season in the Top 5 finishing or Euros going ahead, matches being behind closed doors before the nation itself is even on lockdown tells you that this will get much worse before it gets better, will be interesting to see what happens in the next week

• Instant sell is suspended isn’t it? Tried selling a few players and it hasn’t let me?

• @CJ0101 said in FI Pulling Out the Stops to Prevent Panic!:

Instant sell is suspended isn’t it? Tried selling a few players and it hasn’t let me?

It wouldn't surprise me if they have suspended instant sell during 'out of hours' periods when there are no staff on duty to monitor/adjust spreads.

The last thing they want is for the dayshift to walk in at 8am and realise that half the platform has sold up whilst the staff were all asleep/watching babestation!? 🤪

It doesn't particularly bother me when they suspend instant sell. Panic causes panic and spreads like wildfire ... when some of you fuckers just need to chill out and stop bulk buying all the loo roll! 🤣 💩

• @johnboywalker hahah i was doing my regular shop on Sunday to actually find the loo roll, toiletries, and dried pasta shelves were all looking rather bare. Left thinking what absolute saddos are actually stockpiling stuff.

Went to visit my parents house the next day only to discover my younger sisters room had 6 packs of loo roll, about 40 tins of soup and around 10 boxes of cereal in it. Like dad what are you actually doing man 😂

Its a good point about turning instant sell off when no-one can be monitoring it: not something I’d thought about.

• Options... 1. IS and lose money. 2, Sit on your port until this all blows over. 3. Pick the right time to pick up bargains. When this virus has run it's course there will be some good profits to be made ....a lot of Italian players are looking cheap and I would guess by the start of next season they will be far more expensive. 5. Assume the world is ending and blow all your money at Cheltenham! ;)
    I look at it like this... if my money was sitting in the bank it would be making next to nothing so even if I sit on my port here for 3 months and it drops I know it will bounce back and the returns will be better.

• @NewUser550313 said in FI Pulling Out the Stops to Prevent Panic!:

Options... 1. IS and lose money. 2, Sit on your port until this all blows over. 3. Pick the right time to pick up bargains. When this virus has run it's course there will be some good profits to be made ....a lot of Italian players are looking cheap and I would guess by the start of next season they will be far more expensive. 5. Assume the world is ending and blow all your money at Cheltenham! ;)
    I look at it like this... if my money was sitting in the bank it would be making next to nothing so even if I sit on my port here for 3 months and it drops I know it will bounce back and the returns will be better.

Personally, I like the look of option 4 ... 🤔😜

• Today will be chaos when Boris announces the next phase after his emergency meeting.

• @johnboywalker 0_1583994450674_27MJDIqcMiouae0RTuFmVqKqM_RfUBMR7LUBqBvZGYE.jpg

• It amazes me how many people don’t see opportunity in all of this.

If I had hundreds of thousands to spare, I’d be pumping it into the FTSE 100 and 250.

But I don’t, so I’ve been putting more modest sums of money into FI and particularly Serie A players and MB big hitters.

Serie A players are a bargain at the moment and will grow significantly over the next 6 months once all this blows over.

MB will obviously benefit if lots more matches are cancelled and more triple media days pop up, including over the Summer.

Easy.

• @johnboywalker agreed. 8% not quite enough to invest thousands with risk of a dip offsetting the bonus. If it was 12%, I'd think differently. Obviously there's a limit to how generous FI can be, but they must be making a fortune from the mass ISing.

• @johnboywalker I never been able to count since I lost a finger!

• I think they must have opened instant sell and then closed it again five minutes later ...

I was watching the ticker and it was going fucking mental with instant sells ... now it's back to all green and buys only!? 🤣🤣

My advice to the Index ... just shut down instant sell for the day.

Get these panic merchants to take a big gulp of that premium hand sanitiser they just bulk bought from Asda and calm the fuck down.

The world is not about to end. A few folk have caught a slightly contagious cold and it turns out that it's rather harmful to the infirm and elderly ... that's it. This will all be resolved in a couple months.

So, like it or lump it, you're stuck on this ship. Now take a seat, simmer down and behave yourselves ... 🤣😘

• I can confirm IS is working but not showing on the ticker. I had one share of a player sitting in my port as a buy next reminder, i IS’d him no bother but it didnt show in the ticker
    In fact is not showing any sales including market sales as i dont believe all those purchases going through are newly issued shares

Edit: sorry just logged back in to see that share back in my portfolio IS would appear disabled

• I don't believe they manually turn off IS. This issue normally occurs in the middle of the night. I believe the IS money is held "ringfenced" in a separate account whilst the rest of their money (well ours really) is elsewhere working harder.

Occasionally during a big run of IS'ing the IS account will empty, IS stops working, traders panic, FI staff return to office, account replenished and IS works again. After the panic we will now see a mass IS and then calm will be restored.

If we are at the mass IS stage they might turn off sales from the ticker to prevent further mass hysteria.

Edit: Further to @Black-wolf edit. Surprised staff were in office this early. Account will be replenished around 9am, don't panic!!

• Not worried. I have heard that boris is set to announce closure of all schools and sporting events though. If this is true i hope FI come out tmwith a massive Media event to keep the FI game going

• I just tried IS on Florian Thauvin as small quantity and enough profit to cover...worked fine for me.

• They are just opening and closing it. Going to be a rough day. Just gotta hope this only lasts a few days at most and then there's a load of bargains to be had and massive growth.

Trying to work out how FI can arrest the slide. People are not going to take up the deposit bonus if markets crashing. They have tried to give more short term value to market but all money has gone to top end/media holds as worry of no football. Whats the next strategy?