Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• @Ericali said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

Anyone else think this could be the trigger to introduce order books?

The IS spreads being the bottom figure allowing us to fill the gaps? ๐Ÿค”

Didn't they say they wanted to introduce them in the first quarter of the year?

Could be the perfect opportunity.

Nooo!!! If they introduce them into a sellers market the prices will plummet fast. And for those that donโ€™t understand order books this will just cause more panic

• @Black-wolf said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

@Ericali said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

Nooo!!! If they introduce them into a sellers market the prices will plummet fast. And for those that donโ€™t understand order books this will just cause more panic

I agree with @Black-wolf on this, bringing in order books right now would create yet more chaos. Best course of action right now is for everyone to sit tight for this turbulent ride.

• @Black-wolf just saying..... ๐Ÿ˜‚

No, I get what you are saying but nobody would have to sell, & those that do have to sell are doing so anyway even at ยฃ3+ spreads.

Even a 30p-40p higher offer would be better than the current cash out.

With FI, I wouldn't rule anything out

• My thought at This stage (if it is financially viable) would be to increase the maximum amount that can be put in for the 8% deposit bonus. Keep the spreads large to prevent more money coming out and give the real big players the option to get the 8% on say 50-100k. As soon as users see money going back into the index you'll see an up turn pretty quick.

• Saw all this panic several times in the early days of Football Index, thought we was past all of this, but accept this will have been the first crash seen by many and inevitably with the threat of suspension on most football matches I can totally understand why people are concerned.
    There's too many people using this now for it to go under, so it's an opportunity for traders who have a bit of money stored away to re-invest once all this nonsense has blown away.

• @NewUser67492 said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

o it's an opport

just wish i was one of those with more money to invest....

• @G27
    Wish I had more to be fair

• @Ericali said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

๐Ÿ˜‚ imagine how much they would fuck up implementing that? They don't even get their bread and butter right 5 times out of 10. Every man and his dog would head for the door.

• @NewUser67492 A pandemic virus with no known vaccine is โ€˜nonsenseโ€™ to you? Seriously?

• @Sol
    nonsense is the reaction of traders instant selling because of an announced two week suspension in certain leagues.
    the reaction of the WHO and also our British government has been shambolic, as has been the reaction of UEFA. Two games postponed last night in the Europa League whilst others went ahead (mostly behind closed doors).
    Don't get me started on this absolute farcical decision for players to not be allowed to shake hands before games just before they are about to engage in a sport where we have throw-ins once every minute. The measures put in place are neither here or there. You've got supporters banned from stadiums now going to watch it in crowded pubs or in some cases congregating outside stadiums.
    As soon as games were getting postponed, UEFA and all of the leagues in Europe should have announced a blanket ban on football in all competitions for two weeks.

• @NewUser67492 said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

@Sol

Don't get me started on this absolute farcical decision for players to not be allowed to shake hands before games just before they are about to engage in a sport where we have throw-ins once every minute.

I did find that amusing. Especially when players spit every 30 seconds too.

It's like sending someone down with a cork to plug the hole in the Titanic.

• with the size of the spreads there is a kind of perverse poetic justice. Those that want to take a selfish view, fuck the index and all it's users I want my money back can do, but they have to leave their profit behind to the benefit of those who take the collective view and stand by the index and leave their money in.
    Of course taking a macro view doesn't take into consideration individuals personal circumstance.
    Whatever FI do it's a tough call but at the end of the day they must do whatever they can to protect the integrity of the index.

• I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this but I don't think they should remove stories about Coronavirus now.

It's legitimate media about footballers.
    They aren't going to be playing much so EVERY story should count now

• @ScouseSte said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this but I don't think they should remove stories about Coronavirus now.

I am inclined to agree, but what if a player does get seriously ill from it - I don't think it's right then to make money off that. It's probably best to not have CV stories.
    But you're right, CV will dominate and transfer stories will be thin on the ground for now. However, I just can't see FI allowing it.

• The high spreads seem to have stopped the rot. Time to start buying again. I want my free bonus money too!

• @kristiang85 I think transfercstories may start taking off, theres gonna be precious little else to write about

• @Le-Blanc said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

The high spreads seem to have stopped the rot. Time to start buying again. I want my free bonus money too!

I'm wondering if they might raise the bonus. When is the deadline - late April isn't it?

• @kristiang85 said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

@ScouseSte said in Spreads! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ:

I don't know whether anyone has mentioned this but I don't think they should remove stories about Coronavirus now.

I am inclined to agree, but what if a player does get seriously ill from it - I don't think it's right then to make money off that. It's probably best to not have CV stories.
    But you're right, CV will dominate and transfer stories will be thin on the ground for now. However, I just can't see FI allowing it.

Of course, nobody should seek to profit from a players illness but on the other hand, some traders specifically deal in buying injured players. They pray on the misfortune of a player and profit from it. That's fine, it's a good strategy.

With the seriousness of Coronavirus, if a player is diagnosed then I don't think people will jump on before 3pm to get the dividends. That is very risky (not to mention a little unethical). So why remove the stories?
    If your "investment" that you own already gets sick, a little MB is scant consolation but better than nothing?

I dunno, it's all just messed up at the minute.
    Personally right now I don't give a flying fuck about my portfolio or football. They will both recover in the months ahead.

• @ScouseSte @kristiang85

Picture the scenario.

Fi take the view that due to the lack of football they will allow cv stories to count towards mb.

A player is confirmed as cv positive and has a spike. The sadly died from it a few days later.

Fi actually pull their finger out and remove the player from the index within 24 hours

Uproar, carnage and an uprising begins

Best just to leave it out

• @kristiang85 April 23rd if I remember correctly.