Mass gathering not to be banned

• However, its a good opportunity for people to buy Great players at lower prices except Bruno

• @NewUser122021 well other leagues are still being suspended so i can understand the sell offs of players within those leagues what i xant understand is the selling off of the players like Bruno and Sancho like you have mentioned as these will be the players with the higgest underlying value if all matches are suspended due to media appeal

• @Black-wolf Panic selling is by it's definition is illogical. However given that this Coronavirus scare could last for the best part of a year and the economic impact of it far longer. My guess is some people need cash so they are secure for real life circumstances should this thing last longer than a short period.

• Glad I can still attend Mass.

• @London-Is-Blue i agree but even if the dont need the money people like regular wins or at least the chance of winning so if they have players with no media appeal who play in leagues which are now suspended for 2 weeks or more i can understand why people may sell these players to buy active players in terms of FI

• China is already easing its response to Coronavirus, two and a half months after it spread. With that in mind, I'm not sure why anyone thinks this will be a long term problem.

I'd be surprised if most of the Coronavirus panic hasn't blown over by June. The media will probably have moved onto global heat waves and climate change panic-spreading again by that point.

Plus there is only so long western countries will tolerate being in lock down and seeing their economies suffer, before they decide that to the majority of the population Coronavirus poses very limited threat of serious illness.

• @ocs123 i cant see the Euros going ahead now, i think that the club football leagues will likely extend their seasons to get all games played meaning they would overlap the Euros. Just a my opinion but theres going to be a lot of matches needing played to prevent issues over champions league qualifications, sponsorships, tv rights and so on

• @Black-wolf said in Mass gathering not to be banned:

@ocs123 i cant see the Euros going ahead now, i think that the club football leagues will likely extend their seasons to get all games played meaning they would overlap the Euros. Just a my opinion but theres going to be a lot of matches needing played to prevent issues over champions league qualifications, sponsorships, tv rights and so on

That's pretty much what I think too. Euro's rearranged for next year. Two to four week suspension across Europe. Then leagues and cups continue until completed.

• They might not be stopping people from attending but the teams need to also turn up for a match to happen

Already seen city v arsenal postponed. No confirmed cases in the squads, just a few self isolating.

Won’t take much for a few games to go.

• @Black-wolf said in Mass gathering not to be banned:

@ocs123 i cant see the Euros going ahead now, i think that the club football leagues will likely extend their seasons to get all games played meaning they would overlap the Euros. Just a my opinion but theres going to be a lot of matches needing played to prevent issues over champions league qualifications, sponsorships, tv rights and so on

Agree, can see the clubs winning any battle with countries over what gets played

• @ocs123 The reason China has been able to ease it's response is down to the fact they went into full lock down straight away and built pop up hospitals to handle the increase in the sick rather than putting a strain on standard hospitals. They also implemented very draconian quarantine measures, western countries could not and would not respond this way, Italy half assed the response and still had riots and have only now implemented a full quarantine.

Doctors in Italy are currently working over time and the health care system is on the edge of collapse, they have been advised to not even bother treating people with an expected lower recovery rate if things carry on. They have reported a record number of new cases (2300) and a record number of deaths in the last 24 hours (196).

I agree from an economic stand point countries can not afford to be locked down and any lock down of any country has huge implications for the rest of the world due to globalization though and even a month of quarantine for certain countries will produce shortages around the world like it did with China.

To say the Coronavirus has 'very limited threat of serious illness' to most of the population is not accurate, the western world has different risk factors to China, obesity being the major one. People who have smoked in the past especially heavily are also very vulnerable, along with the elderly and anyone with underlying health issues, i'm pretty sure that makes up a fairly large portion of the population especially in the UK. Viruses can also mutate very quickly.

It's not the end of the world, not even close but it is a very serious issue that should not be underestimated. Health care experts and virus experts have stated that we are just at the beginning of this and the estimates of how long it will last vary greatly, some have said that they expect things to last for the best part if not for a full year which is probably why people think it could be a longer term thing.

• @London-Is-Blue The initial area of Italy has already seen a massive drop to single figures of the last couple of days.

• Where have you seen this? New cobra meeting isn't untill half 1

• @gball1975 Giorgio Gori, Bergamo mayor, tweeted: “It seems that the increase [in the number of cases] is slowing down, but it’s only because we have no longer beds in intensive care (few are added with great effort). Patients who cannot be treated are left to die”

• @Con01 @London-Is-Blue Damn it...I'm looking but can't find it now.
    For now ignore me, if I find it I'll post it...promise!!!

• @gball1975 I mean the actual original post about Boris, don't think he's said anything yet. Not even had the meeting lol

• @Con01 Boris is still singing happy birthday to himself whilst washing his hands! Couldn't of made such a comment.

• @ocs123 interesting that the chief medical advisors see June as the peak and not the 'blown over' stage

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.