Footie predictions tonight

• Im guessing minus 3543

• You really see it dropping below 150k?

• Minus 5,000.

• Can anyone remember what it was that day in October? I predict less severe than that

• @MickTurbo That was a bit savage and many longtermers were severely worried at the time.

• In Octboer I think it was around 1000. Today seems more severe than that, so I think -2460.

• I reckon down to the tune of 2100

• Do people generally think today is worse than that day in October? It doesnt seem quite as bad but maybe I'm seeing this through more experienced eyes 🤷‍♂️

• @MickTurbo said in Footie predictions tonight:

Do people generally think today is worse than that day in October? It doesnt seem quite as bad but maybe I'm seeing this through more experienced eyes 🤷‍♂️

I literally shit the bed in October and IS'd most of my port. Not even been concerned this time..... experience or stupidity? Mind you. My port is only 1.68% down for the 24 hours.

• @Chickenman 1.62% here so about the same.

• @MickTurbo said in Footie predictions tonight:

Do people generally think today is worse than that day in October? It doesnt seem quite as bad but maybe I'm seeing this through more experienced eyes 🤷‍♂️

@MickTurbo said in Footie predictions tonight:

@MickTurbo said in Footie predictions tonight:

To me, this dip seems worse and more severe than the one back in October.

However, having said that, I am less concerned about this dip for two reasons.

Firstly, I've got 6 months more experience behind me and have been through a down period whereas back then I hadn't.

Secondly, and more importantly, this dip has been caused by external factors, unlike october when it was market sentimentality.

So as soon as we have announcements about leagues starting up again then there should be fireworks everywhere

• Wasn't on here in October, just wondering what happened to make it drop?

Did I ever tell you the time when...

• @Vespasian32 said in Footie predictions tonight:

Did I ever tell you the time when...

Twas a good year.....👍

• Was the drop in October one bad day amongst good ones? I do remember it but my port rose every week that month. I did miss recording it w/c 13/10 but it rose massively between 6/10 and 20/10.

I bought big into PB players in May and they mainly peaked in November. So I was still riding the crest of that wave.

This week is on course to be easily my worst since I started recording weekly performance in June.

• @Allams-Out said in Footie predictions tonight:

Was the drop in October one bad day amongst good ones? I do remember it but my port rose every week that month. I did miss recording it w/c 13/10 but it rose massively between 6/10 and 20/10.

I bought big into PB players in May and they mainly peaked in November. So I was still riding the crest of that wave.

This week is on course to be easily my worst since I started recording weekly performance in June.

I'm pretty sure it's when people were complaining that divs wernt high eneugh. A few major traders started pulling out and the snowball effect well and truly set in. The next day F.I announced a div increase and it absolutely boomed again? Some of these details may be incorrect as I was all over the place at the time 😂

• @Chickenman

Yep i remember that day in October very well, and your more or less spot on.

@pez
    It was the bottom of a 2 or 3 week dip, during which market sentiment went against the top end players bigtime! and money just poured out of the higher priced players (despite FI trying to stimulate the market with a 10 % deposit bonus.)into the bottom end of the market. Which is why anyone with a port full of youth and non pb players ended up doing quite well out of it, for a while. The then the div increase happened and money flowed back in the opposite direction, causing a massive PB boom, and everyone still holding the youth got burned. But the moral of the story is that in the end the youth regained their value and i am sure that will happen again this time around, so if your port down at the moment, in the long term it will be fine.

That Oct dip was definitely worse then this for my portfolio, that day was the closest i have ever come to start eating into my actual money , got to within about £20 quid of my deposit value and was losing about 1%-2% a day for about a week before the market turned , and it was scary shit at the time. I have definitely felt more relaxed about it this time around, but to be fair my port has seen good growth this week somehow even after today, i maybe i just got lucky this time around.

• Banned

Everyone piled in last couple of days and it took off. Dropped back slightly but still higher for most?

• surely the soft money (not meant in a derogatory way) is nearly all out and we are left with the holders...i think itl start to settle, but yes today it has been hit like thief in Baghdad. - 2003

I hope soon we can have an AC speech of survival:

''We watched as the panic shattered the market announcement into a million pieces of pounds and pennies that burned harmlessly in our index, and lit up the ticker for an hour. Still, we were left with the devastation of the panic. The ISing reached as far inland as the Neymar and Bruno. It washed away Pb winners and IPD earners, MB probables and even the fucking yth trend, but the virus receded. The virus hit Europe and Africa, too. Millions were lost, countless more left dividendsless, but the virus receded. Holds fall, but they are rebuilt. And bonuses die, but they are remembered. We honor them with every bet we lay, with every pump we sow, with every trader we comfort and then teach to rejoice in what we have been regiven. Our Index, our home. So now, let us begin.''

10 points, what film?

• @Westy Morgan freemen style power to the speech..? Have I got the right face?