Our Darkest Hour ... 不

• Fellow traders new and old, I hope this message finds you in sound mind and body.

Today has been traumatic for many on the Index.

The uncertainty caused by the Coronavirus pandemic is touching our everyday lives more than we know. As a result, the effects are evidently being felt by those of us fortunate enough to have significant money invested in the Football Index.

For those that wish to jump ship, fair play to you, I hold no grudge, we all have a decision to make.

If however, you decide that you don't have the stomach for this particular fight, then it is only fair that the Football Index protects both the company and its remaining traders by increasing spreads to extortionate levels. In simple terms, If you want to leave, it will cost you, and rightly so.

Those departing will provide the funds (via spread/commission) to enable the Football Index to incentivise those of us remaining to stick around and invest further.

I am almost certain that if you decide to see this event through to it's natural conclusion in a few months time, you will be amply compensated by the Index for your loyalty and courage.

This is a massive opportunity for those of you willing and able to take the risk and buy the dip.

Do not expect to make money in the short term.

Accept this situation for what it is. Don't sugarcoat it, but also don't bury your head in the sand.

When we panic, we make irrational, illogical decisions.

I have been here nearly 3 years now and I have never once tried to pull the wool over your eyes, fool or misguide you.

Trust in my advice. Trust in the platform and trust in the forum.

Continue to discuss your fears, worries and concerns.

Sometimes all it needs is a rational external voice to reassure you that the world is not ending, to calm you down and settle the nerves. Let me be that voice.

All the best for the future, whatever you decide to do.

Onwards and ... (eventually) upwards!

JohnboyWalker
    Head of Panic Reduction at Football Index

• @johnboywalker As per usual wise words mate that I hope many will take note of.

• Well said.

Lucky for you on a personal level that Aberdeen is too cold and windy for any Virus to survive!! That hand washing fad would never catch on with the Granite City's loons and quines!!

• This is a great time to buy at low prices, but even if you don't do that simply sit on your stock.

• I realise this is unprecedented so understand some are selling BUT not me :

I recall last time I sold most my port...within 2/3 week all was resumed...in fact most of holds I ended up buying back 50p-瞿1 more...

Sit tight...rewards will come from market & FI

• Ive been here 3 years this month and I struggle to remember such a drastic drop to the point where FI have had to change the spreads and Adam Cole has had to provide a market update.

It has to be terribly worrying for everyone but as AC said Football is forever. Our holds will bounce back.

Sadly, I still think the downturn will continue up until all football is cancelled/postponed. However once this happens and FI make their next move I can see the money flowing back in.

Uncertainty is causing the panic.

• Shaking the tree

The snowflakes will disperse & those with a 'set' on them will remain. 賤

Grabs popcorn & pulls up the big boy pants.

I'm with you @johnboywalker

But feel there will be further drops when ALL domestic football is cancelled & the Euro's postponed.

• Wise words indeed. And loving the job title

• @FI-Ads said in Our Darkest Hour ... 不:

Ive been here 3 years this month and I struggle to remember such a drastic drop to the point where FI have had to change the spreads and Adam Cole has had to provide a market update.

It has to be terribly worrying for everyone but as AC said Football is forever. Our holds will bounce back.

Sadly, I still think the downturn will continue up until all football is cancelled/postponed. However once this happens and FI make their next move I can see the money flowing back in.

Uncertainty is causing the panic.

There are a lot of worries in this world. But a one day dip (albeit a big one) on FI should not be one of them.

• I have to say I am a fan of these large spreads currently. I bought into a few players yesterday only to see them continue to drop today. What the index needs is at least 24-48 hours of relative stability in prices. Once this happens people like myself will be more willing to invest more funds into the index. I'm currently down about 10% overall in the last fortnight but have no inclination at all to leave the Index.

• We are starting to accept the Euros will be cancelled, I have no doubt actually with all that is going on.

Already Serie a and La League on hold with maybe League 1 in France soon to follow.

Will be very interesting to see how FI deals with this.

• If ever there was a nail on the head post this is it. Spot on sir.
    To me personally, I dont think it is unreasonable to ask myself the question of where will we be in 12 months time. I would assume and hope the Covid - 19 virus will no longer be an issue and therefore no disruption to sporting events.
    In the meantime despite the the European Leagues (some at least) not playing, it doesnt mean youngsters will stop playing football and developing, it doesnt mean footballers in general will cease to exist, it probably doesnt mean they will stop training.
    What Im saying is, FI is a stock market and external factors affect the stock market, but will football and footballers be playing again week in week out by Aug/Sep 2020 - most likely yes. So remain patient and keep calm, invest when low and dropping because who knows where will be in 12 months, world shut down and all of us in self isolation with still no football being played?
    I will risk buying in low now and losing my money against the odds of that happening

• Football is getting cancelled at some point for how long we dont know.
    Im comfortable in knowing there are plenty of traders who arent going anywhere.
    We will still have MB to play for and more than likely 5 places everyday until games come back properly.
    When games do start again there could be some amazing opportunities.
    Hang in there.

• FTSE down
    Football index down
    Gold down
    Bitcoin down
    Oil down

Where's all the money going? They can't all be buying bog roll

• @Ralph-Wiggum Cash is king when things are crashing. Wait for the opportunities that follow the crash.

• @Ralph-Wiggum
    You sure about gold

• We will fight them on the beaches, or something to that effect! Ride out the storm to see the sun, bit more motivational that

• @Ralph-Wiggum
    You gotta take an analysis from at least two weeks.
    Its still up approx 80 dollars an ounce
    Just took a hit last day or so but will gain especially if the FTSE keeps getting killed

• Breaking news is that cancelling sporting events at the minute will not make a difference to it spreading. If anything itll make the situation worse