Brain Storming Thread: Strategy Going Forward

• It's time for cool heads and clarity of thought. We haven't seen a day like today since early October. I was a bit green back then and forum veterans know the course of action I took. It bares repeating that the decision I took was a calm one, but a catastrophically timed one.

But anyway, there are more than double the number of users on the platform than there were the day I signed up, so probably a lot of new users with scrambled minds. The advice was there at the time, and I know a lot better now. Maybe we can help the less experienced traders, and in turn help ourselves and the platform.

Maybe it could be helpful to have some thoughts from the forum veterans and those in the know. You all know who you are so I'm not gonna tag yas all and pressure you into voicing anything when you've probably got enough on your minds.

For what it's worth these are my thoughts

Firstly, dont pay these spreads unless u desperately need cash or are severely financially over exposed. I was lucky. I knew I had a decision to make earlier on today and I streamlined before the spreads got so serious

Secondly, be aware that the spreads are there to protect us all

In terms of going forwards, which is what I really wanted to talk about, I really think it's a time to keep your powder dry, see what develops. My initial thoughts in terms of strategy going forwards are that non-European players have been stigmatized for months because of the Euros. That's gone now. I'm not doing anything yet but I'm keeping a very close eye on non-European players with a possible transfer coming up. I'm not naming any because I dont want this to become a pump thread. I've given only my really initial thoughts here because I haven't really took stock myself.

Hopefully we can get some really constructive discussion going

• I think a large part will come down to whether the Euros are cancelled or postponed (or somehow go ahead) - if they are postponed for a year then surely the 'Euro 2021' wave will just build for another year. In which case, I'm not in too bad a position. Otherwise if they are cancelled then you are quite right - the non Euro players become a more interesting proposition for the World Cup.

• Think their is only one real guarantee on FI. MB which has been broken, tarnished and diminished in recent months is FI's USP. When their are no games, leagues suspended and probably a tournament postponed then MB is more important than ever.

Strategy wise either try and get ahead of the curve and buy solid MB players now or wait for the next media promotion to be confirmed and launched.

A majority of players will dip so wait for the bottom of the dip and buy in. La Liga games were cancelled first and they had the first dip, so may well be the first to reach the bottom of the dip.

Those good PB players and Euro holds will still be good players and holds even if the Euro's are held in 2021. Hold and top up if you have the funds.

• Transfers/ pre season, nations league, euro21/ World Cup 2022 planning

That’s my plan.

• @MickTurbo said in Brain Storming Thread: Strategy Going Forward:

They also demonstrate the case for order books, imagine picking up some of those players at the IS price, well that will be possible then.

• Just another thought. And again not a pump thread, just hoping to show the way forward. There are players for whom this summers Euros may just have come too soon. These players will be beneficiaries

• @Martyn-B "Strategy wise either try and get ahead of the curve and buy solid MB players now or wait for the next media promotion to be confirmed and launched."

I'm not sure this is wise...... Getting ahead of the curve. I'd suggest that curve has already curved into a "U" shape! 😉

With the whole index looking like value for money right now with the drops, the only players who have risen over the past few weeks & due to the recent double MB promotion are the premium guys. Some £1+ since Tuesday alone.

If you are to buy these now, do they lose the value gained in the last 48 hours at the end of the promotion. 🤔

You could be tying capital up long term while the rest of the index is having a fire sale.

• @MickTurbo said in Brain Storming Thread: Strategy Going Forward:

It's time for cool heads and clarity of thought. We haven't seen a day like today since early October. I was a bit green back then and forum veterans know the course of action I took. It bares repeating that the decision I took was a calm one, but a catastrophically timed one.

But anyway, there are more than double the number of users on the platform than there were the day I signed up, so probably a lot of new users with scrambled minds. The advice was there at the time, and I know a lot better now. Maybe we can help the less experienced traders, and in turn help ourselves and the platform.

Maybe it could be helpful to have some thoughts from the forum veterans and those in the know. You all know who you are so I'm not gonna tag yas all and pressure you into voicing anything when you've probably got enough on your minds.

For what it's worth these are my thoughts

Firstly, dont pay these spreads unless u desperately need cash or are severely financially over exposed. I was lucky. I knew I had a decision to make earlier on today and I streamlined before the spreads got so serious

In terms of going forwards, which is what I really wanted to talk about, I really think it's a time to keep your powder dry, see what develops. My initial thoughts in terms of strategy going forwards are that non-European players have been stigmatized for months because of the Euros. That's gone now. I'm not doing anything yet but I'm keeping a very close eye on non-European players with a possible transfer coming up. I'm not naming any because I dont want this to become a pump thread. I've given only my really initial thoughts here because I haven't really took stock myself.

Hopefully we can get some really constructive discussion going

I dont think your mean't to call it a brainstorm anymore. 🤷‍♂️ upsets people or something.

• @Chickenman anyone that soft has probably already ran for the hills 🤣

• @Ericali Fair enough, I have a 27p cash balance so I am not going on a spending spree!! As usual I am holding and then reinvesting dividends. There are going to be plenty of bargains for traders with a cash balance. I still think MB dividends matter in turbulent times but this is my personal choice and risk level.

• Most of us are having to just take the losses on the chin. It stings for sure but if you're confident the index will bounce back then we will just look back at this as a blip. Look at some 12 month price graphs. The drops barely register.

I've seen people asking if it's the right time to start buying back into Serie A players. Will they drop further? Quite possibly. But what I am asking myself is do I expect their price to be significantly higher 6 months from now. If the answer is yes then absolutely this is a good time to buy. This applies to players beyond Serie A.

Value all over the place if you have the cash balance. The whales are going to do very well out of all this.

• I've deposited another £700 today and topped up on some of my holds who have taken a hit over the last week. These are predominantly PB league players in the £0.60 to £1.50 range. This part of the market hasn't had any kind of upturn as traders have focused on the MB players. These players might see further drops but I'm comfortable with the risk as I believe that they will be worth a lot more than what I bought them for in 6 to 12 months.

• Just beware of that saying that includes the words falling, knife and catch🤔

• Well after jumping on to riding the Bruno rocket to bring me towards some profit. Luckily I got off and spread my money around only for it to fall through the drain grate!! 🤢🤷‍♂️.

But with the exception of.

1.My contract free 2020 summer players ....they have stayed in and around the same.

1. My Bundesliga promotion chasing players are the same.( I can't comment on liga2 , french league 2 as dont hold.)

• Didn't FI start with media buzz only?