4th April suspension date

• There you go everyone. Suspended till the very earliest 4th April. So that’s 3 weeks missed football. What if it’s not peaked and on the decline by then, give it another month?
    Do you think voiding it is a fair option? Everyone gets punished.
    Or delay, delay and delay, scrap the Euros? But there has to be a cut off date before they say enough enough and void the season? Has been done before. Admittedly WW2 was allot more extreme and worse than Covid-19???????

• It's not fair to leave the places as they are, or to void the season.

Instead what I propose is a Eurovision style points system where every club votes for others. But given this is football and we are all like to be a bit of a dick, we shouldn't give out positive point. Instead we give out negative points for the clubs we hate the most. Could get very dicey for Liverpool and United!

Congratulations Bournemouth on your first title win.

• What they should do is crown the premier champions based on recent/current form - glory glory Man Utd!!! 😂

• @NewUser122021 if they can't finish the season - they simply have to void it.

You can't relegate teams which could end up escaping the drop.

A fair fixture list plays everyone twice, someone like Norwich or Bournemouth could have played all the top teams & have a 'easy' run coming up.

If it can't be finished it HAS to be voided.

• The good thing here is now all PB leagues are suspended till at least early April and we should get clarity on Euro 2020 next week. That allows more visibility for traders to plan there ports and exit points appropriately, including what if the league's doubt start back up till a later date.

• As I said in the other threads, there will be a lot of legal action, especially around promotion/relegation and European qualifying places, if they void or use the current positions.

So they need to finish the season, but make a decision soon. It is in UEFA's interests too that this is sorted, so they can delay the Euros. I would propose holding them either in winter (and therefore being a good dry run for the World Cup scheduling), or just simply holding next summer. Then just move the rest of the domestic season back 1-2 months.

I would probably cancel domestic cups though to alleviate congestion, as these don't have too much monetary value, beyond the small chance of a non-top team getting a European spot.

• @Ericali To be fair when the Euro's get cancelled this will allow plenty of time for all euro leagues plus euro cup competitions to finalise.

• @Ericali said in 4th April suspension date:

@NewUser122021 if they can't finish the season - they simply have to void it.

You can't relegate teams which could end up escaping the drop.

A fair fixture list plays everyone twice, someone like Norwich or Bournemouth could have played all the top teams & have a 'easy' run coming up.

If it can't be finished it HAS to be voided.

But how is that fair on teams like Leeds who could lose on tens of millions by not being promoted, potentially lose some key players or manager as a result, and don't have that chance again? Or Sheffield Utd who are in with a great chance of a historic European spot and associated windfall? They would have lawyers on it in a flash.

Delay and finishing the season in May-July, with a postponed Euros, is the best solution.

• @kristiang85 It's the only right and fair solution I agree.

• @Ericali A legal can of worms Eric, and one that would run and run through the courts and appeals I thnk

A total reset I guess would be the best but also worse scenario for everyone. No relegations, same CL qualifiers etc, Few teams would really be happy.

My gut says the Euro's will go, in order to save every other competition. As it is, they could cancel Every league, keep the Euro's....and then find nations have issues with players testing positive in late May / Early June. Lets not forget there are players in Russia, Denmark etc where things do not seem to have taken a hold yet, so will be weeks behind the rest of Europe outbreak wise,

Lose the Euro's, save the leagues, and we then still have June and July to fit any fixtures in, with a slightly later start /end date for 20/21 and Euro's in peak summer 21. Which then brings Europe into line for a later start to 21/22, say Oct to Oct....which fits nicely with Qatar WC in Nov 22

easy to say...harder to do

• Because some teams have more games than others there are only two options - extend the season regardless and play it out or give every team a point for all the matches they have to play. To be honest if a side is struggling at the bottom by 10 points or more it is highly unlikely at this stage they will pull this back so relegation must be on the cards and the same goes for promotion/play-offs. My team are almost at the top so (Swindon Town) so if they want to call a halt to the season and the finishing positions are as they are now - happy days.

• Voiding the season is the only fair option. Sorry Liverpool 😂 30 years of hurt will continue to do so!! 🥳🤣🥳🤣😂😂🥳🤣

• You can't just end the season as that would be a legal nightmare, the only solution would be to void the season, and start again in August, which yes wouldn't be fair on teams looking for promotion and would lead to more legal challenge. Even though they did it back in 1939 when WW2 started.

The only other option is to cancel the Euro's and finish the season later, however that would mean a shorter summer break and then teams complaining that players are tired, then all hell would break loose when Euro 2020 is rearranged to summer of 2021 and players have to play it after full season and shorter summer break.

Whilst there would be legal issues is voided the season I think the argument of "would you prefer to have put peoples lives ata risk and finish the season as normal" would surely be more important than the money available, after all which owner of any club is going to turn around and say "to hell with human life, we want to be promoted this season, play the games."

• Euroes definitely getting postponed till next year .. season will finish May and June

• @Brane_Orsou said in 4th April suspension date:

You can't just end the season as that would be a legal nightmare, the only solution would be to void the season, and start again in August, which yes wouldn't be fair on teams looking for promotion and would lead to more legal challenge. Even though they did it back in 1939 when WW2 started.

In 1939 it was just a trophy and bragging rights at stake. Now it is hundreds of millions of pounds/Euros, and by extension jobs and livelihoods.

I'm pretty sure the players are going to have a nice break now, and many wouldn't have had much of a summer break with international involvement, so that isn't an issue.

• @kristiang85 I believe the companies that own the broadcasting rights would have a lot to say should the season be voided or finished early. They paid for a set number of games ( due to the way broadcast rights are sold in the epl at least) and if they do not get that they will likely want the money back, this would cripple a lot of the smaller clubs to say the least.

• @Sol said in 4th April suspension date:

Voiding the season is the only fair option. Sorry Liverpool 😂 30 years of hurt will continue to do so!! 🥳🤣🥳🤣😂😂🥳🤣

Small mercy's but at least they will still be reining European champions....

Another year in the Europa League for us.

If it has to be done, it has to be done.

• @kristiang85 said in 4th April suspension date:

@Brane_Orsou said in 4th April suspension date:

You can't just end the season as that would be a legal nightmare, the only solution would be to void the season, and start again in August, which yes wouldn't be fair on teams looking for promotion and would lead to more legal challenge. Even though they did it back in 1939 when WW2 started.

In 1939 it was just a trophy and bragging rights at stake. Now it is hundreds of millions of pounds/Euros, and by extension jobs and livelihoods.

I'm pretty sure the players are going to have a nice break now, and many wouldn't have had much of a summer break with international involvement, so that isn't an issue.

A nice break?!? Break where? Most of them can't leave there homes as there are players involved that have shown symptoms, they can't go on holiday anywhere. They can't go to the gym due to the risks etc. I agree that a lot has changed with the money aspect etc, bu my point about the summer break was that clubs say we play too much football now show how will they cope if/when:

• list itemSeason is extended for one month, and finishes mid June

• list itemClubs are supposed to return to preseason at start/mid July for season to start in Aug

• list itemFull season from Aug - May followed by Euro 2021

• list itemThen another full season of football from Aug 2021-May 2022 with a winter world cup to follow.

Teams complain when they have to play 3 times in 10 days, how will they cope when players only get 2 weeks off before a full season of football, followed by a major international competition and another full season of football after only 2-4 weeks off.

• Cancel Euro 2020, the Champions League and Europa League and finish the league season in June or July, if necessary.

There are only 9 matches left in the Premier League anyway, which if teams play Saturday-Tuesday Saturday-Tuesday, would only take 4.5 weeks to finish the remaining fixtures.

Surely having had a circa 3-month break from playing, these prima donna players could manage 2 games a week?

Yes, this would effectively make next season longer (i.e. July to May, rather than August to May), but when do modern players ever get a circa 3-month break. They will have plenty of time to play computer games and develop gambling problems before the extra long season begins.

I have no desire to see Liverpool win the league, but to be fair, it would be outrageous if they were to be denied the title when they're already on the verge of winning it anyway. Plus, as others have said, promotion and relegation has huge football and financial significance to a number of clubs and really must be resolved before the new season can begin.

• @Brane_Orsou said in 4th April suspension date:
    A nice break?!? Break where? Most of them can't leave there homes as there are players involved that have shown symptoms, they can't go on holiday anywhere.

Well now they are experiencing what the many fans who work long hours every week, and then sacrifice their disposable income on season tickets to see them play every Saturday experience.

Footballers not being able to chillax and shop in Dubai is the least of the world's problems right now.