Itchy Fingers

• I cant hold out any longer - i was about to explode... rightly or wrongly i've splashed out my cash balance, ive accepted i may lose a few pence short term but i started to see my portfolio rise a little over the last 2 hours so i feel now is as good a time as any to take the plunge... for anyone interested in where my funds went - see below...

Fri 13/03/20 - 11:35:27 Purchase Anthony Gordon 50 -£69.00 top up
    Fri 13/03/20 - 11:34:22 Purchase Dodi Lukebakio 50 -£43.00 top up
    Fri 13/03/20 - 11:34:05 Purchase Javairo Dilrosun 50 -£48.50 top up
    Fri 13/03/20 - 11:33:33 Purchase Gianluca Gaetano 50 -£39.00 top up
    Fri 13/03/20 - 11:28:45 Purchase Stefano Sensi 200 -£332.00 new player
    Fri 13/03/20 - 11:28:07 Purchase Fabian Ruiz 100 -£254.00 new player
    Fri 13/03/20 - 11:27:53 Purchase Leon Goretzka 200 -£298.00 new player
    Fri 13/03/20 - 11:21:56 Purchase Nicolo Barella 100 -£134.00 top up

hopefully i'll spark a reaction...good luck to all when they decide to press the button

• Barella and Sensi are bargains for sure.

I might top up on Barella actually, his price is just so tempting.

• @G27
    Mate if I wasn’t balls deep already I would be now 😂

• @G27 said in Itchy Fingers:

I cant hold out any longer - i was about to explode...

Decent medium/long term buys by the look of them; only PROBLEM might be (possibly/probably) no football until August, FI will therefore have to announce some sort of media based promotion to fill the void & lots of money will understandably be funneled into 5/6 top MB magnets.

Personally I'm no great fan of MB so will be looking at the 99.5% of the market which will likely be sold to fund the "Media Madness" so whatever type of player you prefer they will potentially be cheaper after any FI announcement, Except Bruno, Pogba, Sancho, Kane et al. If they could just make that clear before 24/4/20 then any buy will also benefit from the 8.25% bonus which would be perfect!

• @NewUser159387 said in Itchy Fingers:

@G27 said in Itchy Fingers:

I cant hold out any longer - i was about to explode...

Personally I'm no great fan of MB so will be looking at the 99.5% of the market which will likely be sold to fund the "Media Madness" so whatever type of player you prefer they will potentially be cheaper after any FI announcement, Except Bruno, Pogba, Sancho, Kane et al. If they could just make that clear before 24/4/20 then any buy will also benefit from the 8.25% bonus which would be perfect!

There's not going to be a mass sell off - it will be the same as last summer, which was fine.

Plenty of people here play the long game and will be looking ahead to both May/June reschedule matches (because seasons WILL finish), and of course next season.

• @kristiang85 said in Itchy Fingers:

There's not going to be a mass sell off -

I wouldn't be so sure for several reasons; lots more short term traders on the platform, many of whom still have IPD/PB players (with now no games to play) that they will want to offload, lots of portfolio's were pre loaded with Euro players (now not happening) many of whom will want or need to unwind some or all of their positions. Many who want to invest in media players won't have either a massive cash balance or spare cash to deposit, so will need to generate funds from existing holds. There will also be a few more risk averse users who have been spooked by the recent volatility but didn't panic sell & will now want to reduce their exposure.

i still see the platform growing so not a mass sell off in that sense but I do see lots of restructuring & recycling of funds which will inevitably mean certain players or unfashionable areas of the market do get sold off to fund the next promotion or chase the current trend. Just a question of reading the market & looking for the areas which you feel offer the most value, which isn't always the same for everyone.

• I've also given into the urge over the last 24 hours. I have spent the last year making gradual deposits of cash to the total of £4300. In the last 24 hours alone, I've deposited £1700 and have topped up existing holds and bought 3 new players who I feel are value right now.

I'm not chasing MB but looking ahead to September/October when football is being played again. So I have focused on decent PB performers in the £0.80 to £1.50 range. Some have dropped in the region of 30/40% over the last week or so. There may be an additional drop over the summer but, with the big spreads, I doubt it'll be as drastic as we have seen.

• @Vaughany

be intersted to know who you went for but appreciate if youd prefer not to divulge?

• @G27
    Of course, happy to divulge but wary of turning it into a blatant pump!

I topped up on Alaba, Klostermann and Carrasco, then bought some Cornet, Max and Bouanga. My reasoning: decent PB scorers, decent ages, all dropped in price and worth a lot more when playing regular football and won't cost you a fortune to get a decent number of shares.

I also feel that Carrasco, Max and Bouanga (and possibly Cornet) have transfer potential so, although I am not chasing MB dividends, if there was extended places/pay outs as part of a spring or summer MB offer then they may pick up a few pennies.

• @Vaughany I’m topping up cornet Klostermann and Halstenburg with any divs I get by the end of the double promotion. Dep bonus I’ll probably look at some that range hadn’t considered the other la you’d mentioned I’ll take a look.

• There are so many bargains out there right now - made myself a list but with no available funds right now my only option is to sell-to-buy.

A shame the only way I could raise funds right now is to sell Bruno which i'm very reluctant to do as i'm confident he will continue to fly during the no-football period.

• @Sav2000
    Sounds good. There are plenty of others that I have made a note of that also look real value too and I wish I had the balls to invest more. Good luck and let me know if you take the plunge on any new picks. I'd be interested to know who you go for.

• Just splurged my last couple of thousand on transfer targets as that's gonna be the main media news with no football being played