Logically.....

• @Black-wolf said in Logically.....:

Very true but any dividends earned aren’t likely to go into to Premium players, dividends won are likely to be reinvested into cheaper players as traders start building portfolios around leagues reopening, so really a promo that will largely affect the top end media players will filter down to benefit the whole index and get trading moving again

Exactly this. I average over £100 a week in dividends. Hopefully double this with the double dividends and future promotions. I then use these dividends to buy cheaper punts and prospects.

• Obviously MB prob top 5, but maybe like you said before media super points to make other players worth buying as all the money will be pumped into 4-5 MB players (Bruno, Neymar,Pogba etc). Also a deposit bonus or up the current % return to 10%

• @Heinstein I agree with all of that mate but still think there'll be enough big hitters in the top 10 every day to struggle with getting that past the risk team. If they succeeded in it I think it's an absolutely marvellous idea

• Something interesting FI could do is a 1p payout per 100 points of media articles for example. Like people have mentioned they clearly had a large cash reserve to do the double div payout.
    With this method even if players don’t reach top3/5 in media for the day, you’d still get some div payout if your player is talked about enough

• @Ericali I agree Media Madness with 5 places, hopefully paying 5p, 4p, 3p, 2p and 1p rather than 1p for third to fifth.

That does sound likely. Currently have £3k waiting on announcement. Joining @Ericali in calling for Mr Cole to show his presence!

• @Andy said in Logically.....:

Something interesting FI could do is a 1p payout per 100 points of media articles for example. Like people have mentioned they clearly had a large cash reserve to do the double div payout.
    With this method even if players don’t reach top3/5 in media for the day, you’d still get some div payout if your player is talked about enough

I like that idea, then almost all players have a shout in winning. 👏

• @Andy

I like this a lot actually. Gives the whole market a chance to win.

• @Ericali said in Logically.....:

What can FI do with this now?

No football.

Any promotion has to be media related, surely.

Currently paying double dividends to the 3rd April.

That was paying IPDs & PB at a monstrous 32p a share on a gold day - that's now scrapped. 😐

That leaves a lot of cash they had budgeted for floating around. 💰

Yes they'll have extra cash available that had been budgeted for as dividends payments, but dont forget that half of this will need to be kept back for when the leagues resume and they have to pay out pb for the remaining fixtures, of which I'd imagine there will be a lot more silver and gold and a lot less bronze days......although on the other hand if the euros get postponed then any money they had budgeted for promotions during the tournament would be freed up

• Top 10 Media positions

15p
    14p
    12p
    9p
    6p
    5p
    4p
    3p
    2p
    1p

And 20% deposit bonus until end of March.

Simple!!

• Super media day every day. 1p paid for every 250 media points a player accumulates over the next 30 days.

In addition to the normal top 3 payouts per day.

Also. Double the deposit bonus to 16.5%

• @gball1975
    Yes. This.
    As long as the 20% bonus was backdated to the date of the original offer (10th March), as I have already shown my hand and deposited/spent £1700 in the last 24 hours.....

• @BradD said in Logically.....:

Super media day every day. 1p paid for every 250 media points a player accumulates over the next 30 days.

Yeh I said same thing on twitter... I think it's probably the best solution to mimic the spread of dividends that come from ipds etc. Doing a points accumalation div on article points over a month or so will at least mean circa 50 players might win some divs... Instead of just 5-10 players.

0_1584106340187__20200313_133056.JPG

• @BradD said in Logically.....:

Super media day every day. 1p paid for every 250 media points a player accumulates over the next 30 days.

Would love this hopefully if they did it they wouldn't make it for new holds only like they did for the match day one as it will be very difficult for people to get out of PB holds to get on MB with no matches being played and the huge spreads we currently have

• There's lots of good ideas here, though we don't want to risk it getting too complicated.

I would suggest, media madness top 5 - 8p, 5p, 3p, 2p, 1p.

As an aside, FI keep a weekly media scoreboard (Monday-Sunday) of accumulated points, and then top 3 players on that scoreboard who won no media dividends that week will win 3p-2p-1p bonus. That could add a bit of a random element.

• There's only one person who can really ask where Mr Cole is and i'm sure she'd be happy to help:

alt text

• FI need to come up with something today surely..its not like they haven't thought about this scenario already. 🤔

• I Don’t think they can announce anything until euro2020 is officially postponed.

• @gball1975

I'd prefer they take their time and make the right call. Any decision made is going to have one of the biggest impacts the index has ever seen in my opinion.

• Surely have to announce something, this was their stance.

0_1584112690002_Screenshot_20200313-151735.png

3 leagues have suspended since & the German one is set to finish Monday night at the latest.

Where is the communication? 😐

@FI_Marc

• @Ericali German weekend games postponed now..