FI Coronavirus Announcement - Dear Adam Cole ...

• Folks,

Hopefully you have all seen the announcement in the last half hour from Adam Cole and Mike Bohan regarding the Coronavirus and the future plans for the platform during this period of uncertainty.

Firstly, let me tell you how massively underwhelmed I am by the news.

They have effectively turned a market of 3,315 players into a 5 horse race.

The MB system is flawed, broken and open to manipulation. Of the current top 6 in the media rankings, 5 of them are Man Utd players.

Do not kid yourselves. This could last for months. As a rough estimate, Competitive football may not return to our screens for potentially 3+ months.

Does the Index reasonably expect me to sit on my currently worthless PB holds for an extended period of time when I could cash out and possibly make my money work for me elsewhere, away from the Football Index?

I asked the index to give us an incentive to keep our money in the platform, specifically in the PB holds that have been most severely effected.

That has not yet been provided ...

I will not change my tactics and invest solely in media players, both due to my belief that the MB game is rigged and also as a matter of principle.

Rest assured that if nothing is done over the coming week(s) to alleviate my concerns that PB players are dead money for 3+ months, I will walk away from the platform temporarily.

In every crisis, there are opportunities aplenty for profit. I will not have my money tied up stagnant or decreasing on the Index when it could be securing growth elsewhere.

You must incentivise the users to remain.

You must reward those that are showing faith in the platform.

You must give me a reason to stick around.

Don't just tickle my balls Mr Cole ... we both know 8% is nowhere near good enough.

JohnboyWalker
    Man of the People, Voice of Reason and all round good guy at Football Index. 🀣

• Banned

@johnboywalker

I disagree. And I am intrigued where you can make your money work for you elsewhere?

• @johnboywalker we can't walk away John, the spreads are too big.

We are forced to either play the dividend game or log out for 3 months.

2 options are on the table.

(3 if you flip - but who you flipping with if people can't use their cash) πŸ˜‚

• Banned

Another question to you:

What is your suggestion to ensure that PB holds are not worthless, whilst no football is being played?

• @MrWh1te said in FI Coronavirus Announcement - Dear Adam Cole ...:

Another question to you:

What is your suggestion to ensure that PB holds are not worthless, whilst no football is being played?

I can answer this.... πŸ‘

They are worthless

• 100% agree with you @johnboywalker

• Banned

@Ericali But JBW is keen on FI doing something to not make them worthless.
    I don't have an answer.

I would like to know if he does.

I will run some figures later, but I think when their cycle returns they will fly. My gut feeling is, holding is better than IS at this point.

• Thats why i sold my portfolio 2 weeks ago.

• I think this is so underwhelming its unbelievable, literally added nothing extra that we weren't going to get from the promos already offered. Basically screwed anyone who had any patience and didn't IS to create a cash balance before the announcement a few days ago as it would be bloody stupid to do so now and theres no chance of market selling probably 90% of the marketplace at least atm, so they'll be stuck with PB ports and unable to do anything for the next month.

They should look at a different promotion, some people have mentioned super media day points on the same kind of basis as the smdp we had last month but that's only going to help another small percentage of the marketplace.

I think a better idea would be to do a daily lottery where each player has 1 entry per 50 pb points scored this season. They then draw 1 def, mid and fwd each day to win that days divs of say 3p (obvs can also keep media divs in conjunction). This way at least the pot of potential winners would be larger than just the 20-30 mb players and could have done relevance to actual past performances, and those who have performed well on the matrix this season will have more entries and therefore a better chance of being picked.

@Ericali But JBW is keen on FI doing something to not make them worthless.
    I don't have an answer.

I would like to know if he does.

I will run some figures later, but I think when their cycle returns they will fly. My gut feeling is, holding is better than IS at this point.

The cycle will return when the football is rumoured to commence again - but this could run for months!

Until then you have to stay in the holds & wait because the spreads are too savage to IS.

• Awful announcement and renders a huge % of the market pointless.

I have no MB players but let’s face it there are only 4-5 MB high players over the whole platform . At the minute it’s just Bruno Bruno Bruno.

It would have been easy enough to reward more people through say a 1-10 breakdown so we at least had some divs coming in.

• These lot literally whipped up a video to tell us what we already knew yesterday regarding divs πŸ˜‚

@johnboywalker

I disagree. And I am intrigued where you can make your money work for you elsewhere?

On a personal level, I'll take my money and go haggle with car dealerships in an attempt to buy that sporty motor I've been admiring for months, at a discounted price. The longer this crisis goes on, the stronger my bargaining position.

I bought my current family home 3 years ago in similar circumstances when the oil market crashed and Aberdeen became a ghost town for months.

In every crisis there is opportunity.

As for how they make PB players worthwhile holds. I don't have an answer for that. Perhaps some form of loyalty bonus for keeping your money within the platform ... I don't know!? πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ

I don't have the answers mate, I just feel absolutely underwhelmed that for the next 3 months, the only players that will win MB dividends are Pogba, Bruno, Neymar, Sancho, Bruno and Pogba ... 🀣

My fear is that when I look at the index in 3 months time, I'm going to find Neymar is Β£33 and Sarabia is still Β£1.14 whilst Bruno is Β£29 and Martial is Β£2.40.

It will create a massively unsustainable bubble that will surely burst. πŸ€”

• Although underwhelming for a large majority of traders on the platform it is very difficult to see what else could be done today. Until they get the official word that the Euro's are off and a better understanding of when football will re start any other major decision would have been premature.

I have at times in the past been fast to be critical when I think they have got it wrong and will do so again but I do think there will be a further announcement when more facts are known.

In reality what may well be happening is that we are getting the normal summer media days early and then the summer will be crammed full of football and blend straight into next season.

I would give them a little longer to finalise plans once the Euro decision is official and when they have a better knowledge of football starting again.

I personally predict that when September rolls around we may well have had the same number media days as we would have had just at a different time of the year.

• Neymar Β£33 by June... Heard it here first folks β›½ β›½ β›½ πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰

• This post is deleted!

• @Ddr said in FI Coronavirus Announcement - Dear Adam Cole ...:

I think this is so underwhelming its unbelievable, literally added nothing extra that we weren't going to get from the promos already offered. Basically screwed anyone who had any patience and didn't IS to create a cash balance before the announcement a few days ago as it would be bloody stupid to do so now and theres no chance of market selling probably 90% of the marketplace at least atm, so they'll be stuck with PB ports and unable to do anything for the next month.

They should look at a different promotion, some people have mentioned super media day points on the same kind of basis as the smdp we had last month but that's only going to help another small percentage of the marketplace.

I think a better idea would be to do a daily lottery where each player has 1 entry per 50 pb points scored this season. They then draw 1 def, mid and fwd each day to win that days divs of say 3p (obvs can also keep media divs in conjunction). This way at least the pot of potential winners would be larger than just the 20-30 mb players and could have done relevance to actual past performances, and those who have performed well on the matrix this season will have more entries and therefore a better chance of being picked.

There will be more promos to follow as the down time continues they cant just give us everything at once or people will get bored and complain l. They have to keep a few aces up their sleeve just incase

• I think that with our none MB holds we just have to suck it up for two or three months. There is already transfer talk on players time will pass. A pragmatic approach is needed .Those "worthless" holds have made you money in the past and will in the future.

• @Vespasian32 said in FI Coronavirus Announcement - Dear Adam Cole ...:

Neymar Β£33 by June... Heard it here first folks β›½ β›½ β›½ πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸš€ πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰

The prices are clearly an exaggeration and my attempt to highlight the ludicrous nature of having over 250,000 punters investing money into only 5 players for the next 3 months ... but thanks for the condescending response. 🀑

Anyhoos, how's things after your wee 'stop losses' meltdown from 4 days ago mate? πŸ€£πŸ€”

• Step 1. Keep the pb matrix the same for next season and the Euros... This will ease concern on the current pb holds, stop them being dumped and encourage people to buy them for long term whilst they are dipping.

Step 2. Sim the remaining fixtures on football manager or fifa and payout divs accordingly.

Step 3. Stop fucking about with media, if it's in the football news, it's football news.