Cheap Players

• Can anyone recommend any cheap players that you think will rise over time? Want to hold some cheaps to eventually sell on.

• I’ve recently purchased Brozovic from Inter for 79p per future. Should get WC game time and been loosely linked to some PL clubs

• I guess it depends what sort of time period you have in mind?

A lot of the players expected to go onto great things, but that are already performing e.g. Leon Bailey, are already expensive, so it can be hard to pick up bargains unless you're prepared to be patient.

A couple players I've either got, or have my eye on are Maxwell Cornet and Marko Grujic. Both young with potential, and only around the 50p mark so little in the way of downside, it's just a case of how long you'll have to wait for a return and what you think there ceiling price is.

It's the wait that is putting me off going in heavy on those players, though I would expect to start top see a rise in both from next season depending on what else happens at their clubs.

That said, always do your own research, don't just trust what people say.

• Mohammed ellyanousi ......70p will move from basel in summer, more than likely to premier league. ...top player....price will more than double in less than 3 months

• @NewUser127981 I can't help but keep looking at Jacob Murphy and thinking he's got to be an absolute bargain. He's 44p! He's young and English and Newcastle paid about £12m for him. He's a pacey winger with loads of potential but dunno what's putting people off him.

Any Newcastle fans on here with any thoughts? Is he actually just crap? He only needs one good game if you ask me where he scores and he could easily be double that price. Sounds like he'll play against Huddersfield tomorrow so we'll see.

In fact your post has just made me buy a few, so hopefully he'll do well.

• @NewUser127981
    A little bit open there. What price range for you is cheap? Below £1? And when you say to sell on, is that this summer or to hold onto the full 3 years and see what you can make? Age and experience are a factor too. It depends what you’re actually specifically after. 👍

• My cheap holdings, based mainly on an expected transfer in the next 1-2 seasons
    Ligue 1: mboula (55p), geubbels (90p), ndombele (90p), tielemans (97p)
    Nos: grimaldo (85p)
    Seria A: hysaj (65p)
    LaLiga: odriozola (89p)

• @Stevo
    Newcastle players in general are quite cheap. Maybe because Newcastle could get relegated? Some great talent though, but a lot being overlooked. Maybe if they stay up there’ll be a rise

• @FranklynMary I'm not sure staying up would be the best case scenario though. He might be better if Newcastle get relegated which could drum up some transfer interest. Can't see his price falling any lower anyway so not got much to lose.

• @Stevo Toon fan here. Murphy had a rough start, at £12m he was our most expensive signing last summer (thanks Mike) so a lot was expected of him. Was coming off the bench initially and to be honest looked pretty crap.

As the season went on though he got a few starts and seemed to grow in confidence, scored against City and had a nice assist against someone else, I forget who. He's got bags of pace, skill and a good shot on him. still raw though. His last season in the Champ with Norwich he got 8 goals and 8 assists in 37 games. Definite potential no doubt.

Considering he's still only 5p above his IPO price he's virtually no risk, but you might be waiting a while to see any growth. I think Kennedy, Ritchie and Atsu are ahead of him in the pecking order currently, although Rafa does like to rotate so he'll probably get a few starts between now and the end of the season.

• Angel gomes of man United, and Diaz of man City look top talent for future.

• I've just bought into Thilo Kehrer. On the trending list currently but I had been watching him for a while, should have bought earlier. IPO'd at 50p and now 61p, fairly low risk. Young, highly rated German centre back playing regularly with Schalke (think he's injured atm though). He has been linked with Barca recently. Contract talks seem to have stalled so likely on the move this summer.

• Theo hernandez next Marcelo

• @Jazzman ok cheers mate. Not the end of the world if it doesn't work out. Being English helps though.

• @Stevo I'd still say he's a decent investment, depends on your overall strategy though. He seems to be well thought of and works hard, hopefully for me as a toon fan and you as a trader Rafa can turn him into a superstar!

• Here's a few

Pavard - good stats in bundesliga, in France squad and lots of transfer gossip, should have big future

Akanji - looks like 1st choice Swiss CB and future 1st choice at Dortmund (just moved there). Good stats, young

Haidara - EL plus transfer likely

Mojica - dead cheap 38p attacking fullback with Girona and Colombia. Not sure if he's first choice for Colombia but he played 1 of the friendlies

• M’Baye Niang would be / is my pick. Senegalese sonoff to WC, Serie A performer with Torino and will have transfer romours over the Summer, Cheap and also a little unhinged (smashed up a Porsche) and like a little trouble.
    Most importantly a good player..

• Breel Embolo
    Will play for Switzerland
    Linked to big clubs 2 years ago heavily then he got injured.
    Attacker. 87p.

• Oliver Burke is my long term investment. Came to WBA for PL football this season for 15mil but has been injury hit season. Just back to fitness so should begin to play again. WBA are definately going down so expect transfer spec and he will be staying in PL.

0.58p is a steal

• @NewUser127981 Hans Hateboer 24 starting regular for club also just got his first call up for Netherlands 42p per share

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.