Cheap Players

• I’ve got 3 Chelsea youngsters. Callum Hudson Odoi 94p, Mason Mount 69p (on loan at Vitrsse Arnhem) and Dijon Stirling. 47p. All still close to there IOP’s
    I know Chelsea got a bad rep for bringing through youngsters but next seasons some of these if not all will get game time and I reckon particularly Hudson Odoi will impress (could be next Rashford).

• Dani Garcia, free transfer in summer so has to move, IPO'd at 50 is now 55p so you literally cant lose, linked to newcastle. Anyonee that knows me knows i love a free transfer, all my free transfer players are booming.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/14/could-dani-garcias-arrival-at-newcastle-united-seal-mikel-merino/

• @NewUser45842 said in Cheap Players:

I’ve got 3 Chelsea youngsters. Callum Hudson Odoi 94p, Mason Mount 69p (on loan at Vitrsse Arnhem) and Dijon Stirling. 47p. All still close to there IOP’s
    I know Chelsea got a bad rep for bringing through youngsters but next seasons some of these if not all will get game time and I reckon particularly Hudson Odoi will impress (could be next Rashford).

No offence mate, but they are not not cheap, you have a lot of cash tied up in them players that cant earn PB, earning you no cash, and no guarantee they will get first team football or a transfer to the top 5 leagues, you could be making your money work so much better for you when there are much cheaper young players such as Jonathan Bamba, Luka Jovic as 2 very good examples, already doing it in the first team much cheaper, ones a free transfer so will nearly double in price by the business end fo the season.

• @SMacFI I got on him at 51p. Linked to the prem.cant really go wrong at the price. Definitely leaving his club also.

• Looking at this thread and twitter threads has opened my eyes to the strong gains that can be made outside of the big boys and their dividends.

Ciciretti looks a good buy at 63p as he’s signed for Napoli as far as I can tell on a long contract (so they must have confidence in his abilities) and all the other forwards there are at least £1.20ish, so room for potential growth (he might not get that far but I imagine he would work towards 90p or so at least). Only trouble is that he’s on the trending page so people might have already taken a bit of potential out of him.

Odriozola looks heavily touted as one for the future as well (if I remember rightly he’s around the 90p mark) and from what I look at on google, he’s been linked with United (the MB promised land) as their new right back as Valencia is getting on a bit and Darmian is finally leaving. If he moves to United then he could easily make a climb to £1.30 or so on/around the days of the deal being made so there’s a decent bit of potential there.

Jonathan Bamba on a free is a good shout too as he’s obviously leaving.

My favourite of this category, who I’ve bought in to myself with my final pennies is the guy from Basel - Elyounoussi. Looks a quality player and has a good rep after scoring against City in the Champs League and has been quoted himself (not just speculative ramblings with no quotes or context) as talking about how a team from England who normally finishes top 4 (presumably arsenal) have been watching him for a long time and he goes on to name the price they’ll need to spend if Basel want to negotiate. It’s only 13m which in today’s world isn’t a lot for a decent front player. If it doesn’t work out for a move to Arsenal then there’s also a theory he could replace Mahrez at Leicester if he moves on. Think he’s about 70-75p at the moment but if he moves then can see him climbing to well beyond £1...if he climbs even to only £1 then it’s around a 35% profit on him.

In terms of potential growth in this category of player, Doucoure has opened my eyes to the possibilities as he’s gone from around 90p to £1.30 in a short time which is nearly a 50% ROI. I just wish I’d have had the nous to get on :(

• @Golfing-Grandad most of my profile is all below £1-£150 max, you minimise your risk as its low risk, but can be very high reward if you get on a player that will move to a bigger club, free transfers are the best example, as there %100 going to move, and English teams can afford the bigger wages to attract them to the premership especially with out paying a transfer free so even more money for wages.

• @Golfing-Grandad

I got doucoure at 1.22, just hoping for that big transfer in the summer!

• @Golfing-Grandad said in Cheap Players:

Elyounoussi

Very good post, cant say I know much about your guy from Basil, and i am always wary about investing in players out with the top 5 leagues, incase it don't happen.

But my favourite of your picks there is Jonathan Bamba, Scored for the U21s this week, out of contract in the summer, so you know it will definitely happen, and as theres no transfer free, everyones intreated and the English teams can afford to pay more in wages, so free transfers normally come to England, I have basically built my profile around free transfers, hovering them all up now while cheap and over shadowed by the world cup, then when the money changes from WC to Transfers, boom

• @SMacFI I like your thinking. I need to start revision on who’s available for nothing this summer then!!!

• @SMacFI
    Mason Mount not doing too bad today. Up 20%. Sure will drop but these are my long term investments anyway and I reckon they’ll be England players in 2-3 years. Plus I’ve got plenty of Futures in the big boys and good potential PB players.
    Was only answering the question and when I brought them all at close to there IOP think they’re great value.
    Each to their own

• @Golfing-Grandad gotta say I agree with this completely. Due to the smaller price as well it means less of a rise is still a great % return. For example I made 29.1% ROI after picking Jonathan Bamba up for 47-48p. I made 7% on frenkie Dr jong (75p) 14% on Marcus Acuna (52p) and 16.2% on Jamie Vardy (97p). And that's just to name a few. It's a really good route to go down.

• @Golfing-Grandad Max Meyer, liverpool, arsenal, man u links. Jonathan Bamba very exciting u21 winger. My personal fav Mario Baloitelli, 21 goals in 27 games for an average french team, MB magnet if came to prem. Asamoah, juve, Chealsea links. Amin Younes, google them all do your own reserch. But free transfers yiy know they wull move, unlike 20 players getting liked to one club, only one will move.

• @John-Renwick said in Cheap Players:

@Golfing-Grandad gotta say I agree with this completely. Due to the smaller price as well it means less of a rise is still a great % return. For example I made 29.1% ROI after picking Jonathan Bamba up for 47-48p. I made 7% on frenkie Dr jong (75p) 14% on Marcus Acuna (52p) and 16.2% on Jamie Vardy (97p). And that's just to name a few. It's a really good route to go down.

Good work on getting these little gems so frequently. If people are working towards a 5-10% ROI, then 29.1% on one player is just utter filth (in a good way!). Seems the rewards are big and the risk is much smaller...only thing I would worry about is if the transfers didn’t happen, would you just have to instant sell as these players wouldn’t be being picked off in the queue as nobody would really know of them/want to buy them off you?

• @SMacFI said in Cheap Players:

@Golfing-Grandad Max Meyer, liverpool, arsenal, man u links. Jonathan Bamba very exciting u21 winger. My personal fav Mario Baloitelli, 21 goals in 27 games for an average french team, MB magnet if came to prem. Asamoah, juve, Chealsea links. Amin Younes, google them all do your own reserch. But free transfers yiy know they wull move, unlike 20 players getting liked to one club, only one will move.

I’ve seen Max Meyer but sadly already gone up quite a bit this week (was thinking of getting him but didn’t think his price would alter for a few weeks yet with WC coming up and people’s attention being on that) and am always worried about buying in when they’ve just had a decent rise as biggest fear is buying at peak and then not having anything to sell at. I also take your point you mentioned in the other post about how if they’re from outside the top 5 leagues then it’s dangerous if they don’t move. Makes total sense. On the optimistic flip-side, if they do move then their price should fly if they’re 75p outside top 5 leagues and then move into qualifying for PB every single week, then increase should be quite good?

• Yeah I am also never a fan of buying on a peak, but then some players just don't stop and you could have bought in a few time over and still made profit, IMO Mayer will break the £2 barrier at some stage, the way i see it were a long time away from the business end of the transfer window yet, so any movement now is minimal to whats to come, get in early be patient and theres only one way them players are going when the WC cash comes flooding back in to the transfer market. if you find any other good free transfers while your looking give me a shout

• @NewUser136187 I have always wanted to get on Doucoure but always other opportunities beat me to it , can see him hitting £2 easy if a transfer happens.

• @SMacFI more ‘when then ‘if’ mate! ;)

• When you see Phil foden at £1.61 then theres value i think in players like brewster and hudson odoi. £1.11 and 0.97 respectively and the other U20 world cup winning player who may be getting a shout of 1st team minutes.

• @SMacFI
    With younger players who will likely move like Bamba and others who have been mentioned, is that to sell at the peak of interest maybe just before it’s official or is it a plan to keep long term? Because a player like him would increase in value for sure but once the move is done I can’t see them getting a lot of PB or MB so therefore their value could drop again?

• @Golfing-Grandad yeah basically. Which could be said if anyone didn't transfer regardless of the price. The beauty of Bamba is he's a free at the end of the season and has said he is definitely leaving St Ettiene. Add to that the links to the premiership and I predicted a high likelihood he would rise. I just decided to take the profit in case the worst happened and he got injured or agreed a move out of left field to maybe a Porto or an Ajax or something who aren't in a qualifying league. Very happy to turn potential into profit even if it means losing out on a little bit more profit.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.