Congratulations

• Congrats to all you pogba and bruno holders out there, genuinely happy that you're currently making money.

However, when the announcements come that football is restarting (however long this may take), then I hope that fi keep the spreads as big as they are so that you're unable to get out of them easily and play the PB game again, just the same way that fi have basically handicapped anyone who as a PB port and hasn't been able to react due to these spreads.

• @Ddr

Everyone can get out of any player by using market sell??

As someone who rarely uses IS anyway I haven't noticed much difference in fact some of my listed players actually seem to have sold faster. I think the increased spreads have helped protect those who have might have been tempted to panic sell to rethink but they have certainly demonstrated the unarguable case for order books being introduced ASAP IMHO.

• What a twatty comment.

'I hope you get screwed' is what you basically just said to a whole group of people.

• @NewUser159387 said in Congratulations:

@Ddr

Everyone can get out of any player by using market sell??

As someone who rarely uses IS anyway I haven't noticed much difference in fact some of my listed players actually seem to have sold faster. I think the increased spreads have help protect those who have might have been tempted to panic sell to think again but they have certainly demonstrated the unarguable case for order books being introduced ASAP IMHO.

Which is why I said get out easily, spreads are too savage to instant sell and when the announcement comes, the tide will turn and people will be buying PB not mb players meaning they either have to take the huge loss with the spread or sit in a market sell queue that will probably be 50p+ deep

• The tide will turn on MB players,erm Bruno has a 155pb average 👍

• @MrWh1te said in Congratulations:

What a twatty comment.

'I hope you get screwed' is what you basically just said to a whole group of people.

Not at all, I want fi to tie their hands, the same as they've tied my hands and multiple other peoples

That doesn't mean them getting screwed, they'd then have the same choice as others currently, either accept the huge spread and is, or have to sit on your port for potentially months. The upside for them is that least it would be a buying market whereas it's currently not, it's a buying small percentage of the market

And you're basically saying it's alright for fi to screw those out of trend atm, hypocritical much?

• i think it is your fault for not having a diversified portfolio. More fool you for just buying pb players.

• @Ddr those huge spreads are there mainly to protect people with a load of PB players. If they hadnt done it i can guarantee your port would have taken an absolute hammering. FI arent screwing you they are protecting you

• @Ddr I hold both and did before the market crash, seems harsh to lump me in that boat as the rest of my port is in the same position as you; however as both are long term holds and constant dividend earners I don’t fall out with what your saying just your sentiment.

• @Jdog said in Congratulations:

i think it is your fault for not having a diversified portfolio. More fool you for just buying pb players.

Who said I have JUST PB players, as I certainly didn't.

Maybe the consideration you should be making is that people with smaller ports and risk averse strategies dont want to have 50% of their port value in 250 shares of one player

Nice show of empathy from you there

• @Jdog, completely agree - I don't plan on selling Bruno or Pogba when football starts again, especially if the Euros get postponed rather than cancelled so don't see it as an issue. I'm more likely to sell other players in my portfolio that are at a big loss currently if they come into profit.

• Wasn’t it you who moaned about me playing the victim..? 👀

• I have Pogba and Bruno (and I've held Pogba for 15 months, thoughout all his uncertaintly) - I'm now getting my MB rewards.

I've got a hell of a lot of PB players who tanked, but I'm holding them as they will be back.

I have a diversified portfolio just to cope with exactly any unexpected situation - whether created by FI or external circumstances, such as this. Overall I'm down a little, but considering how bad it could have been for all of us, I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Your portfolio will fly if it is mainly PB once football starts again. Just log out for a couple of months.

• @Ddr
    No it isnt ok for FI to do that.
    But they have no choice. They didn't ask for football to be cancelled. The rule has always been 'when no matches, media gets extra places'
    If you decided to ignore a whole part of the dividends, whilst unlucky, it IS your fault, especially as it has been clear for weeks that football would get cancelled

• @Black-wolf Exactly. It's not beyond the world of possibilities that if FI hadn't acted so swiftly FI might not exist now. The run on players could easlily have got out of control.
    Credit where credit is due FI have done the right thing for the integrity of the Index. I've got about £8k of players that are in limbo now but I strongly support the FI actions.

• @Ddr u dont have to have 250 plus of certain players mate its all about percentages. could have 25 pogs or 25 neymars or whatever. if u had loads of media buzz holds you wouldnt be complaining. what can adam cole do about this right now he cant help theres no football o n can he.

• @Black-wolf said in Congratulations:

@Ddr those huge spreads are there mainly to protect people with a load of PB players. If they hadnt done it i can guarantee your port would have taken an absolute hammering. FI arent screwing you they are protecting you

I get what you're saying and that may have been their intention and it may have worked as well (my port has still taken an absolute hammering btw, have lost 15% in the last 3 weeks). But the side effect is that they've tied my hands and cannot now react to the market that we have for the foreseeable.

All I'm saying is I think it would be wrong of them to lessen the spreads immediately once we have football resumed

• @Ddr someone's a little bitter

• @MUFC said in Congratulations:

@Ddr someone's a little bitter

Firstly, I dont do halves only pints and secondly I'm a lager man

Lastly not bitter, just frustrated

• oh my situations going terrible so i hope everyone else's situation goes terrible. u could have a more risk adverse portfolio and would have been better off in this situation but you clearly though that pb was the best way to make money or the best one for you so suck it up mate