Virgil Van Dijk

• I bought him today as it looked like he would be involved with media dividends and as a possible future PB hold. Decided just before 3pm for the media bonus as he looked like winning number 2/3.

Suddenly an hour after all of his media scores have been wiped out. I have no problem if the stories don't count, but being added on the removed shortly after the 3pm deadline has affected my purchase decisions.

Will it be reinstated or is there a possibility for in the future to not allow the MB scores to show until they have been properly verified?

• @NewUser557156 anything with the word 'coronavirus' in the headline will be removed. For the foreseeable future its gonna be essential to check what the articles are actually about before buying, if that is in fact your reason for buying. Theres loads of discussion about this sort of thing on the forum at the minute

• Well I do believe that as being the most influential player in Liverpool there will be articles of him lifting the trophy, leading them to glory, then with possible Euro games and goalscoring abilities there is quite a bit of potential there, so I do see it as a good safe longterm hold. But it's tied up some capital.

• @NewUser557156 yeah I’m sure Jordan Henderson will benefit a lot from being the club captain 👍🏼

• @MickTurbo

Correct

Wayne Rooney is currently 3rd by 20 points.....but he isnt as one of his stories have Coronavirus in it

• @NewUser557156 pretty sure Jordan Henderson is captain of Liverpool is he not?

• Can’t just change the rules as you please. If it as the word coronavirus in it so what. It’s still media

• @D.R.Allenballs they can and they gave an update twice about it.

Any article with the word Coronavirus into will be manually removed.

Like it no, but thems the rules were currently buying with.

• To be fair to @NewUser557156 today's case with VVD is slightly different. I am a long term holder so was watching the MB stories with interest.

From memory I think he had 3 or 4 stories worth about 180 points about his response to the fans about celebrating the title, empty stadiums etc etc. None of these headlines mentioned CoronaVirus. Later articles about exactly the same stories did have CoronaVirus in the headline. FI responded by removing every article.

Now clear that FI are monitoring the headlines, but also the content, of every story that might challenge for a MB win.

• Ok stupid decision. I’ve got an idea if we are now going by stupid terms. Let’s delete all articles about pogba till he actually plays a game of football.

• @Martyn-B said in Virgil Van Dijk:

To be fair to @NewUser557156 today's case with VVD is slightly different. I am a long term holder so was watching the MB stories with interest.

Now clear that FI are monitoring the headlines, but also the content, of every story that might challenge for a MB win.

They need to adopt a more ad hoc approach. This isnt gonna be good enough. Yesterday we saw a bit of a buy up of Hakim Ziyech because people cleverly spotted the possibility of media because he will potentially now be a Chelsea player before the current season is over. This will be a quite unique and news worth situation but virtually every article written about it will surely contain the word 'coronavirus'. Good trading, good foresight, probably no reward. It's really not that hard, just assign a few members of staff to it

• @MickTurbo I agree. Transfer articles are the very few articles surviving the MB cull at the moment and even most of them will speculate on when leagues finish, quarantines etc and the CV. As we are seeing today very low scores are going to win MB as it stands.

My post was mostly a warning, not just CV in the headline as many believed but also CV in the article. Also as it took about 6 hours to delete today's VVD articles despite the MB being checked, and deleted, when necessary every 30 minutes so it is also apparent that FI staff were not clear on the policy.

Now we now where they stand. Until it all changes again...

• The good news is you got VVD at a very good price, so will be a decent hold if you decide not to sell.