Adam Cole

• 0_1584371181356_Screenshot_20200316-150550.png

Keep some reserves back for Thursday I think. πŸ˜‰

• In the news also, is that Italia A want the Euros to be suspended so that they can complete their remaining fixtures. The PL might have similar thoughts.

• @Ericali
    Or buy now to beat the mad rush come Thursday? Prices likely to go up or down sharply post announcement, depending on the nature of that announcement.

Risky strategy but it looks increasingly likely that some football will be provisionally pencilled in for the summer. Traders will surely be buying up PB players if that's confirmed. Buying between the Euro 2020 meeting tomorrow and the Thursday announcement is high risk but also potentially very rewarding.

• @Londoner i think they should be delayed 100% and finish all the outstanding leagues and comps.

• With the situation in Italy (370 people dying yesterday) and with footballers getting the virus I cant see any football taking place over the next few months. The risk i am taking is to invest in Pogba and Bruno and wait to invest in PB players later down the line. I have a feeling the spread of the virus will get a lot worse before it gets better.

• There can only be media promotions for the next 2-3 months at least - It can't just be about 5-10 players for such a long period though, maybe some sort of IPD style dividend for media mentions.

Much of the market will remain frozen whilst spreads are so big - unfortunately they have to remain like that until 99% of the market is given some degree of value back. A PB dividend increase announcement alone would probably do this but they need to time it right as announcing it too soon could cause the market to stagnate again further down the line.

• High risk, high reward @Vaughany. πŸ‘

Personally, I can't do that. There may be no football or a cancellation of the season altogether.

Which would mean the money staying in the MBs for the foreseeable.

Unless they (PL) throw a curve-ball in there & opened the transfer window.

I'll have to wait on the announcement & react from there.

• @Vaughany

The PL and other leagues can say all the want. The truth is no one knows when this pandemic will end and football will be back. With the precident set that if any manager or player in a team = team on quarantine and league paused, it’s going to take a lot of confidence to pubclicly decide to start playing again.

As with the slow closing down of football which some of us clearly pre-empted better than others, there will be signs of a slow down in Europe on new cases and deaths. Only then would I advise to seriously think about PB value. Anything earlier and you may be locked in for a long time as there are untold variables still to play out.

The key question we all are waiting for an answer on (including sports authorities) is when is the viral infection/mortality growth rate deemed low enough to resume normal life?

• Its nice once again to see that there planning in advance and have told us that they have plans ready for whatever the PL decides. Hope you are all keeping well.

• @Millonarios Similar approach for me, had already Bruno and Werner, added Pogba and Neymar last Monday in anticipation of the closures. PB approach will now be based on spread reduction and release of that capital.

I also don't think a ball with be kicked for at least 3 months, more like 4. Just finished a call with a German friend, lockdown expected from Thursday, reckons it will be for 8 weeks at least. Put footballers in the same camp, when could they be ready to play again realistically?

• @Harford-is-God also the PL couldn't really commence as Roy Hodgson could be quarantined for up to 4 months for his own safety & unable to manage Crystal Palace. πŸ˜‰

• @Millonarios @Ericali @SIFI

With those kind of stats, it feels like it's only a matter of days/weeks before there is a complete global/European quarantine. There are more important things in life than football BUT if there was a global/European shutdown, ironically, would that actually mean football would return sooner?

Eg. A global approach that says: Right, enough of this softly, softly approach and the delay tactics, doing things in stages. Let's get our shit sorted now as we're approaching a critical point, everyone do the maximum they can to sort this out all at the same, mandatory quarantine and shutdown for 4/6/8 weeks across the world/Europe so that we are in a position to return to some sort or normality in May/June/July. Like ripping off a plaster rather than removing it slowly.

Is that a feasible strategy or are we likely to see a continuation of this gradual, creeping, staggered approach which could mean it drags on for 6+ months?

• @Vaughany said in Adam Cole:

@Millonarios @Ericali @SIFI

With those kind of stats, it feels like it's only a matter of days/weeks before there is a complete global/European quarantine. There are more important things in life than football BUT if there was a global/European shutdown, ironically, would that actually mean football would return sooner?

Eg. A global approach that says: Right, enough of this softly, softly approach and the delay tactics, doing things in stages. Let's get our shit sorted now as we're approaching a critical point, everyone do the maximum they can to sort this out all at the same, mandatory quarantine and shutdown for 4/6/8 weeks across the world/Europe so that we are in a position to return to some sort or normality in May/June/July. Like ripping off a plaster rather than removing it slowly.

Is that a feasible strategy or are we likely to see a continuation of this gradual, creeping, staggered approach which could mean it drags on for 6+ months?

Without a vaccine, we will probably see coronavirus for another year or so. The theory is that it will die down a bit in the summer due to heat, but then again it is rampant in Malaysia, which is very tropical.

We can all isolate, then it might flare up again when we are back out in our normal lives. We just don't know how it will behave - our government's strategy of waiting for immunity might actually be the best way.

This thing is an utter bastard.

• I think Italy have tabled May 9 for resumption (unofficial... Just read a tweet)... That's a lot of mb... And to me sounds an ambitious date unless that's behind closed doors.

W. E. Happens I can't really react until the spreads change... And find myself imprisoned into the boredom of a diversified portfolio. But at least I have some mb and some pb players.

I think it's optimistic to pre-empt pro-pb announcement... But not risky. With the current prices and spreads it can't get much lower for the bargain pb hunters... If you are wrong on the time frame or content of the announcment it doesn't matter... Just hold. Football will restart eventually...

Personally if I did have freedom to trade... I'd be milking mb a while longer before bargain hunting. Double divs is a lucrative offer.

• @Vespasian32 I think the only thing that could see PB spike is perhaps plans for resumption of fixtures behind closed doors but as you say, that's likely to be some way off and any dates mentioned would be given very tentatively and that would be made clear.

I think theres gonna be a few waves to ride yet on MB players, and think MB is still likely to be the only game in town for a while yet. I've got about 4k sat there but its gonna stay sat there for the time being because I cant read things at the minute. Timed Pog to perfection but have ploughed into a couple others who I thought would spike imminently but they haven't as yet, so my pot is gonna sit there and I'm gonna be reactive rather than proactive because I just cant understand the way ppl are trading at present

• @Vespasian32 Seems very ambitious considering the number of cases is still rising daily and they've had 368 deaths in the past 24 hours.

I hold a lot of Serie A players so would welcome the decision but can't see a football return date even being suggested whilst the hospitals are over capacity and are planning to let the over 80's die.

• @MickTurbo same here Mick.

Got a cash pot but won't be making any additional moves until football index make their move first....

It's like a giant game of Chess & it's their go (hits timer down) 😎

• @Ericali I had the money ear marked for decent top ups on 2 players. I think it's highly unlikely that anything will come out this week that would negatively impact those 2 players, but the phrase curve ball has been used on this thread and its absolutely appropriate, I've seen a report from one.football that there may be plans to play a final 4 playoff for both the CL and EL at some unspecified date in the future. I've seen it suggested that they have the summer break now, have the transfer window now, and then finish the season maybe July-ish and roll immediately into the 20/21 season. That's about it as for FIFA. Even that would be good for the transfer spec players, so it's kind of a no brainer but I've thought that before and been wrong. These big spreads mean that getting it wrong would be potentially disastrous.

As for FI, I really dont know what they can do for PB other than an ever bigger deposit bonus. As far as dividend incentives it's still only really MB

• @MickTurbo yeh, that's what I'm worried about - something left-field.

I've already been "check-mated" on over Β£15,000 of funds being stuck in holds with ridiculous spreads with no value until football returns.

I'm not about to willingly make the next move on the possibility it happens again! πŸ˜‚

Your turn Mr Cole. 😎

• MB might have to do for a while yet, it’s slim pickings but beggars can’t be choosers. I was watching sky news earlier and the stock market’s are a disaster zone right now.
    At least FI can offer something even if it is small pickings.