Looking forward.....

• I think it’s safe to say the probability of the season not being completed is high right now, with the premier league declaring an announcement on Thursday I can only see people starting to sell share in players on football index.
    I already have my eye on the summer transfer window, investing small in players that have seen a massive drop over the last few days due to the Coronavirus scare.

Id appreciate letting me know your thoughts, hopefully there is still money to be made in the long run 💪🏼

• Anyone selling at 40% spread is crazy. I predict a very flat market. Only way to change that... Bang on an extended or follow up current promotion with another... And release the spreads.

• There needs to be some liquidity in the market.
    Zero at the moment which means stagnation.

At some point they need to shorten them spreads which will inevitably mean market activity.

It has to happen, just a question of when🤔

• @Gazz127 said in Looking forward.....:

There needs to be some liquidity in the market.
    Zero at the moment which means stagnation.

Not sure why you think this, saying the market is stagnant with no liquidity is totally wrong & misleading; I've had players listed for market sell that have continued to sell, some at a faster rate than before the crisis. Yes IS has become unattractive due to the spreads but liquidity still exists & plenty of sales are being matched by the buys that can be seen on the ticker.

IS should only have been used as a last resort anyway as the price was ALWAYS worse than could be achieved via market sell. Too many have used it as the easy answer to facilitate short term speculating but for the time being that's no longer possible, which might not be such a bad thing for platform health.

• Its a Meeting on Thursday

the message could dimply be we will review it again on 3rd April

Many are saying the season MUST finish, so waving a crystal ball and predicting another ball is not kicked is a tad premature

• @Wezzyb the season will be completed as theres too many financial complications to resolve if they didnt. What id like to know is what impact that will have on the transfer window and start date for next season. Will we get a shorten transfer window or a late start to the season with fixtures more compacted

• @Black-wolf potentially if no football until say july, we may see straight knockout in champs league rather than a group stage next year to allow league games to be crammed in. Either way when football kicks off again there is going to be a hell of a lot of games in short succession which could make to index very profitable, combine those games with transfer windows 🤑

• 0_1584395029248_upload-6f080fa8-38c8-49ec-8af7-fe4a25e5cd35

• @Wezzyb said in Looking forward.....:

I think it’s safe to say the probability of the season not being completed is high right now, with the premier league declaring an announcement on Thursday I can only see people starting to sell share in players on football index.
    I already have my eye on the summer transfer window, investing small in players that have seen a massive drop over the last few days due to the Coronavirus scare.

Id appreciate letting me know your thoughts, hopefully there is still money to be made in the long run 💪🏼

Season will be completed one way or another I'm sure, just a question of when and I'm not sure the Premier League (or anyone) knows that at this point in time

• Wouldn't be shocked if footie started earlier than people expect behind closed doors. If teams can get their players isolated then don't see why not.

• @mike778 said in Looking forward.....:

Wouldn't be shocked if footie started earlier than people expect behind closed doors. If teams can get their players isolated then don't see why not.

Thats my kind of thinking. It would require players, staff and officials to carry out their isolation periods and then maintain strict rules regarding contact with others and they would need all teams to adhere to the rules. Difficult but possible imo

• @mike778 said in Looking forward.....:

Wouldn't be shocked if footie started earlier than people expect behind closed doors. If teams can get their players isolated then don't see why not.

Footballers are absolute morons, just look at Mason Mount. Gets told to self isolate and the next day is out playing football!

• @ChazFI123 i know. I heard something about jordan Pickford going to a big boxing match after being told to isolate aswell

• If you're a professional footballer with a pregnant wife, or an elderly relative that you fancy seeing soon, are you going to chance it and go and play behind closed doors?

Some footballers are stupid, but many others aren't. What's to say they want to go and play? See Rooney's comments the other day. Likewise the Maidenhead manager.

Even behind closed doors, don't you also need managers, coaches, physios, paramedics, bus drivers, kit men, nutrionalists, sports scientists, data analysts etc etc? Even if you have some of those, are you going to play without others? Can't imagine medical services being spared to get a game of football on any time soon.

• @Black-wolf it definitely is possible, it's just every single person will need to pull in the same direction. One person will screw it up inevitably. But then should footballers really be forced to play when everyone else is being told to stay at home

• @Yellow said in Looking forward.....:

If you're a professional footballer with a pregnant wife, or an elderly relative that you fancy seeing soon, are you going to chance it and go and play behind closed doors?

Even behind closed doors, don't you also need managers, coaches, physios, paramedics, bus drivers, kit men, nutrionalists, sports scientists, data analysts etc etc? Even if you have some of those, are you going to play without others? Can't imagine medical services being spared to get a game of football on any time soon.

Thats very true. No matter what precautions they take you cant guarantee their safety

• @Yellow said in Looking forward.....:

If you're a professional footballer with a pregnant wife, or an elderly relative that you fancy seeing soon, are you going to chance it and go and play behind closed doors?

Some footballers are stupid, but many others aren't. What's to say they want to go and play? See Rooney's comments the other day. Likewise the Maidenhead manager.

Exactly this. To add to it as well, the reputational risk would be huge. Can you imagine if football started up again when the general public is still under restrictions and then someone catches it? The reputational damage would be huge and considered hugely irresponsible. The only way football starts up again is when either government recommends it does or if other sports and other entertainment industries do likewise.

• @Yellow
    Completely agree.
    Some deluded idiots and/or Liverpool fans can’t understand this.

Looking after the sick and vulnerable takes priority over attending football games as a paramedic / doctor / ambulance.

Also - take example Valencia, 35% of their staff have the virus. Do you think they will play behind closed doors ?

• Nothing will happen footy wise for minimum of 2 months. That seems plain simple.
    Personally reckon August / Sep but it’s guess work

• @King-Fergus said in Looking forward.....:

@Yellow
    Completely agree.
    Some deluded idiots and/or Liverpool fans can’t understand this.

Looking after the sick and vulnerable takes priority over attending football games as a paramedic / doctor / ambulance.

Also - take example Valencia, 35% of their staff have the virus. Do you think they will play behind closed doors ?

Yep, agree with all of these points and @Dr-Jan-Itor and @Black-wolf

The government are asking big manufacturers to help make ventilators. I dare say it's far more likely that elite football clubs, who have top medical facilities and staff, are going to be asked to pool their resources in the fight against the virus, rather than the other way round.