Media Debacle

• As they are coming down the final straight, it's Bale (180) still ahead of Aubameyang (140) but the sad news is that Matuidi (0) has pulled up lame and will have to be put down after a dreadful mistake at The Chair. Sorry, one of our renamed fences this year, Adam Cole's Electric Chair.
    Messi (120) and Kepa (110) are battling strong for 3rd, Santi (100) and Sane (100) still close behind.
    Will it be Bale? Will it be Auba? Can the galloping goofballs chase them down?
    Into the last furlong, Messi is holding off Kepa for 3rd but it's the battle at the front where Bale looks like taking this one from Aubameyang.
    It's Bale from Auba, Bale from Auba, Bale....
    And on the line, Bale wins it with possibly one of the slowest times in Grand MB National history!
    We will of course have to wait for the photo finish for confirmation but it looks like Bale has it.
    Stay tuned for the outcome...

• What were the final results? I was hoping for Auba for the win and had a sneaky E/W on Werner as I liked the colour of his shirt.

• @Martyn-B that article got removed???

• 0_1584576679287_preview_27460b67.jpeg.jpg

• It's like Var but for media, you check it throughout the days see how things are progressing, get the emotions of winnings losing etc and the find out it was pointless looking because everything has changed due to a late review.
    I accept some articles need removing e.g i f a player has the virus. But FI are taking away the enjoyment of following the media scores by interfering so much.

• I get the impression the FI wanted Bale to win due to the amount of money people spent on him due to potentially winning the MB, knowing they would probably IS at some point making loads on fees with such a large spread. With the hope of turning this into a trend. Pump loads of money into who ever is top of the pile during the day. Get new money into the market, stop stagnation.
    All they have to do is manipulate the points to suite their agenda. So they just delete the articles, which looks like what happened today.

• Here's the official result of the photo finish...
    "1st...Gareth Bale 66/1
    2nd...Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 50/1
    3rd...Lionel Messi 12/1"

Bruno Fernandes, the 4/6 favourite had a very disappointing race and finished way down the field.
    His owner, Ole Gunnar Sheikh Mohamed Bin Masolskjaer, has promised that Bruno will be back stronger than ever next year (tomorrow).

Please join us then for another edition of the Grand MB National.

• I get the image that the guy left in charge of media tonight handed control over to a kid in for work experience while he snuck off to bang the secretary. “Just erase any stories with anything to with coronavirus its dead simple, ill be back at the end of the shift”

What could possibly go wrong?

• @dean73 said in Media Debacle:

Here's the official result of the photo finish...
    "1st...Gareth Bale 66/1
    2nd...Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 50/1
    3rd...Lionel Messi 12/1"

Bruno Fernandes, the 4/6 favourite had a very disappointing race and finished way down the field.
    His owner, Ole Gunnar Sheikh Mohamed Bin Masolskjaer, has promised that Bruno will be back stronger than ever next year (tomorrow).

Please join us then for another edition of the Grand MB National.

No i really wanna know what dalot put in those sandwiches 🤣

• And here we go again! First article of the day is a 40pt to pogba which will not count!!

• It should just be articles that are about someone with CV (Matuidi etc), or is directly about CV (Mount, etc) that should be removed.

• This post is deleted!

• Email I sent customer support, will update when get a response.

Hello support,

Yesterday a number of articles where removed from counting towards MB points as they contained a reference to Covid / Coronavirus, however, were not actually news stories about the virus. In the present climate it's highly likely that most articles will have some reference point/mention of Coronavirus even if the article itself is a legitimate football related piece non conoravirus related.

I have attached below one example from yesterday (I could have chosen several!) Where the article is clearly non Coronavirus related but does mention it within the body of the article. Is it the intention of FI to remove every article that contains the word 'Coronavirus' or 'Covid-19' no matter how relevant the context? If so I would certainly be of the opinion that this would be a seriously flawed approach to the only promotion that FI currently has running for customers to participate in.

Would appreciate some clarity on the above.

Many thanks,

• @DW Agreed.
    Almost every article is going to have it in there somewhere, as played out by Bale winning MB yesterday with just 180pts.
    If you look at today's, there are a number of articles that have nothing to do with coronavirus yet do mention it. I really don't see the reasoning as to removing those too.
    e.g. Bruno/Skriniar article...

'Bruno Fernandes one of my best team-mates' - Skriniar praises Man Utd's star recruit

The Slovakia international has heaped praise upon the Red Devils attacker
    Inter defender Milan Skriniar described Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes as one of his best team-mates.

Skriniar and Fernandes spent a year together at Italian club Sampdoria before going their separate ways.
    Serie A rivals Inter lured Skriniar to Milan in 2017, while Fernandes moved to Sporting before eventually joining Premier League giants United in January.
    Fernandes has hit the ground running at Old Trafford and Skriniar praised the Portugal international midfielder.

"I think one of my best team-mates was Bruno Fernandes," Skriniar said during a Q&A for Inter's official website.
    "I always liked him back from our time together at Sampdoria."

It does then go on to mention..."Serie A is on hiatus amid the coronavirus pandemic, with Italy the hardest country hit outside of China." but that has nothing to do with the story. I bet they'll remove it though.

• It’s farcical - article 99% about Pogba leaving United. One sentence about his comeback being curtailed because of CV. They need to get this right and sort it out. Seriously fed up with players dropping off the scoreboard and values tanking because of it. If I could MS all the crap I have I’d be out of here until this blows over.

• Might as well just freeze the Index if this is the way they are running the only payout they are making - it is going to completely discourage trading which benefits nobody.

• @dean73 Have just read Brunos 140point article and VVD 180point article. Both clearly mention corona virus with those words. So they should be chalked off.
    No doubt Pogba will be the same.
    It needs to change, but I doubt it will

• Van Dijk with a monster 180 point article talking about how great of a defender he is.

The very past paragraph- ‘ Van Dijk and Liverpool are just two wins away from a first Premier League title amid the current crisis around coronavirus‘

ridiculous but It’s got to be removed right.....

With so little to write about journalists are dropping a paragraph about it in most of their pieces to bulk out their articles.

• @9stevo said in Media Debacle:

@Martyn-B that article got removed???

Took screenshot at 22:42 and went to bed. Not going to check every story and score (especially as I cannot check The Express) up to midnight. I will leave that to the work experience kid.

MB needs an urgent review. Stories about players catching CV or their elderly relatives dying etc should be removed. Articles that just mention the global story of the moment in passing should stay.

• @DW spot on with this. Just been through the articles quickly for the current top 5 players on today’s media list and only found 1 story out of all of them that reference Coronavirus even though none of the articles themselves were about the virus. If they carry on with this policy for the next few months we will end up with the MB winner scoring no more than 50 points and may not even get 3 scoring players some days!! Absolute madness!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.