Well I've got to work. Why shouldn't they?

• As it says really. I'm sure we have a wide section of society on FI with different careers. Front line NHS, Emergency Services, Proper Jobs, etc. 😁
    I'm sure we all read the reports of Wayne Rooney whining that footballers were being treated like guinea pigs.
    Suggestions seem to be that the season may continue, with games played behind closed doors.
    Do we feel this is the way forward?
    It won't affect my teams Defenders (Everton) as they've struggled to get within 2 metres of the opposition forwards all season. 😁
    Also, will a new offence be brought in? "Purposely coughing in the direction of an opponent" and what punishment should this receive? 😁

• @Dronny-Gaz

Also, will a new offence be brought in? "Purposely coughing in the direction of an opponent" and what punishment should this receive? 😁

I can picture Ramos & Costa having a cough battle during the the next Madrid derby.

• @Dronny-Gaz Because you dont need medics and ambulances on standby to do your job. Sorry but i just cant see any football going ahead in the midst of a health crisis just not enough resources.

• @Millonarios Agree with this.

Football clubs may also be utilised to support the crisis given their medical facilities so the playing side seems miles away to me.

• No way will any football get scheduled any time soon. People may say 'we'll review again at the end of April', but right now, no football is getting agreed to.

• I think as a platform we probably aren't the best people to judge when football should start again, how many games should be played etc as we're all so financially invested in this. Yes I would love football to start tomorrow, but I only want football to be back if it is 100% safe and there is a realistic plan in place, football should come back when it can return to 'normality' within reason.

• @ChazFI123
    Try telling that to some of the Liverpool fans on here 😁
    Laughable how desperate they are.
    Wait and see and look after your family etc in the meantime and whatever happens later happens.

• I agree there shouldnt be any football for a while but when you put it into perspective they wont hold a football match behind closed doors because of the couple of hundred required to do this but everyone was was fine with schools of 500 or so kids staying open were infection would have spread freely all because people view teachers as a form of child care. The government have got the basics so wrong on so many levels in their pathetic attempts to contain this

• I really don’t see how professional football clubs can’t get a team of 11 players fit to just finish the season behind close doors.
    I keep seeing on sky sports news about fitness levels, well fuck me if they can’t play a game if they aren’t 100% match fit in a time like this.
    Use the bloody squad if people need to be subbed at 60mins. Everyone is in the same boat.

Morale - I think the population will get a huge boost if some footy is on TV.

Fans outside grounds, can’t the government just pass some kind of law so the police can arrest people who come near the stadium’s?

• @Tom77 said in Well I've got to work. Why shouldn't they?:

Fans outside grounds, can’t the government just pass some kind of law so the police can arrest people who come near the stadium’s?

It's where they are gonna hold em all, Leeds will still be taking at least a quarter of a million wherever they go 😏

• @MickTurbo said in Well I've got to work. Why shouldn't they?:

@Tom77 said in Well I've got to work. Why shouldn't they?:

It's where they are gonna hold em all, Leeds will still be taking at least a quarter of a million wherever they go 😏

If the police came out and said one year in prison if found near the ground it might out people off.

Pretty extreme measures but this is where we are imo.

• @King-Fergus talking about Liverpool again I see?! Obsessed much??

• @ChazFI123 Spot on, hope the FA/Premier League/other governing bodies are as sensible as this post!!

• @Black-wolf said in Well I've got to work. Why shouldn't they?:

I agree there shouldnt be any football for a while but when you put it into perspective they wont hold a football match behind closed doors because of the couple of hundred required to do this but everyone was was fine with schools of 500 or so kids staying open were infection would have spread freely all because people view teachers as a form of child care. The government have got the basics so wrong on so many levels in their pathetic attempts to contain this

I have to say I disagree with this.

Football is clearly not essential and does tend to involve OAPs turning up and gathering with others who could infect them.

Children are a low risk group and like it or not, millions of working parents will not be able to work once one of them has to stay at home to look after their children every day. This means less supermarket workers, less delivery drivers and less NHS workers because schools are closing.

If you’re one of these people (aka lazy teachers) who is moaning about schools not closing sooner, I don’t want to hear any complaints about a lack of shelf stackers in your local supermarket or nurses in your hospital. The two things are connected.

I hope they withdraw teachers pay while they’re not working. Then we probably see a change in their attitudes.

• @ocs123 kids help to spread it and while both parents are working who is picking up and dropping off kids at school? Grandparents. Teachers are not babysitters and certainly not lazy! My wife works twice as many hours as shes paid for.

If the schools stayed open infection control would be impossible and therefor create even more of a work load for the NHS so i dont see your logic. One parent at my kids school was confirmed with the virus but still sent their kid to school because they felt to unwell to look after them.

Our loved ones safety should come first and if that means one parent not working to look after their own children then so be it but you cant limit crowds but then let 500 or so kids mingle and bring it home. If you fall sick neither parent works

Teachers are there to teach not to raise your children!

• Barcelona are apparently already testing out a strategy for playing games and maintaining social distancing:

https://youtu.be/aZyFQHnoSQA

@ocs123 Teachers are not babysitters and certainly not lazy!

Teachers are there to teach not to raise your children!

While I generally agree with what you are saying, I have to take slight issue with these points.

Teachers are public servants and paid as such. If they are required to 'babysit' the children of NHS workers and other key workers, allowing vital services to be maintained, then imo they should be proud to do so.

Those not required to work at school and are able could be deployed in hospitals to help maintain areas that are currently stretched. For example some staff canteens are opening with reduced hours due to lack of staff. What a fantastic gesture it would be if they could work a till to keep them open. Such small things really do boost morale.

• @Allams-Out my wife is to work from home sending out lesson plans to parents. She cant be in the school as our daughter is high risk. So whether the school is open or not she cant be there. Speaking to our friends that work in the NHS they are happy with schools closing as they see it as a preventative measure and other than thatthey themselves have said the argument that schools closing prevents them from working is ridiculous as there is no such shift that operates only within their childs school hours, they have to have childcare in place if their child is at school or not.

Seems to me the only people annoyed about schools shutting are those that would choose the work over their children given the choice

@Allams-Out my wife is to work from home sending out lesson plans to parents. She cant be in the school as our daughter is high risk. So whether the school is open or not she cant be there. Speaking to our friends that work in the NHS they are happy with schools closing as they see it as a preventative measure and other than thatthey themselves have said the argument that schools closing prevents them from working is ridiculous as there is no such shift that operates only within their childs school hours, they have to have childcare in place if their child is at school or not.

Seems to me the only people annoyed about schools shutting are those that would choose the work over their children given the choice

Your wifes time would in that case be best spent staying at home to do that. And I for one greatly appreciate what she is doing.

I work for the NHS and I can tell you that schools remaining open for NHS staff children would be a massive assistance to our department. Your mates are ill informed. NHS champion flexible working and there absolutely are plenty of staff that work their shifts around school hours.

• @Allams-Out you dont see it as a problem having so many children in one area at a time spreading the virus between them and then carrying it home to their parents or grandparents? Funny there are strict guidelines being put in place to limit crowds but grouping children together in their hundreds is ok. I know its not as harmful to kids but they can still spread it as easily as any of us.

I know what you are saying about the flexible hours but that falls apart when everyone is particular to wanting the same hours and for the hospital nurses we know they work the shifts they are given and change them if possible but they dont get to pick exactly when they work as thats just not possible. You would end up over or under staffed at different periods. Our friends arent ill informed they work in the very frontline, two work as nurses in the hospital ICU of that system. As you say plenty will work around school hours but not all can