I don't get it.....I really don't.

• Lots of football managers coming out and moaning about putting pressure on players to catch up football.

Well, even the shitty teams down at the foot of the pyrimid have 2nd string and youth players right?

Well tell them to pull their socks up, play 3 games a week - use their squads - get the seasons finished (whenever they start again), and crack on.

Am I wrong with this attitude?

p.s. Can someone buy my Karim Benzimare futures please?

Ta.

• If you were a team facing relegation or needing a CL place would you really want to be playing reserve players without putting a battle up to try and not to? They've moaned about fixture pile up before, if Liverpool weren't so far clear I bet jurgen would have a fair few words to say about it seeing the song and dance he made about a couple fa cup games

• This is why the Footballing world get little sympathy. Moaning about being tired when Doctors, Nurses & other front-line workers are going to be working 70+ hour weeks surrounded by people losing their lives - but lets feel sorry for footballers who may to have to play a game of football while their legs are still a little achy from the previous game.

• @Millerman-again As a supporter of one of the 'shitty teams' then your suggestion is only benefitting the biggest teams and the strongest squads, usually based on how much money they've got or borrowed.....

So no, that isn't the answer either although I accept the season needs to finish but too early to tell when it will start and its implications. Whatever comes out of the PL meeting will almost certainly be superseded in a months time with a new view of the world.

• @Harford-is-God said in I don't get it.....I really don't.:

@Millerman-again As a supporter of one of the 'shitty teams' then your suggestion is only benefitting the biggest teams and the strongest squads, usually based on how much money they've got or borrowed.....

So no, that isn't the answer either although I accept the season needs to finish but too early to tell when it will start and its implications. Whatever comes out of the PL meeting will almost certainly be superseded in a months time with a new view of the world.

Im guessing your Luton and with me a Miller we both have something to play for this year. But its a once in a lifetime event, and at the end of the day - everyone is in the same boat, yes, some have more money than others and bigger playing squads. But it's time to brace up and crack on.

As someone else has mentioned, we expect other people in other industries to crack on with it, yet professional football clubs that have 1st, 2nd, 3rd and various youth teams can't spread the workload to finish their seasons off?

I'm pretty sure that as eggs are eggs, and with our playing squads the Hatters are going down and the millers will stay in the current division (we have bottled it over the last 4 weeks as it is).

Its pretty much same, same and they should just get on with it.

• @ChazFI123 said in I don't get it.....I really don't.:

If you were a team facing relegation or needing a CL place would you really want to be playing reserve players without putting a battle up to try and not to? They've moaned about fixture pile up before, if Liverpool weren't so far clear I bet jurgen would have a fair few words to say about it seeing the song and dance he made about a couple fa cup games

Get what your saying - but the current world is not what is was a few weeks ago. So we have to do something diff now, so we can get back to the norm as soon as possible.

Short term pain so we can get back to normal.

• @Millerman-again
    Fixture pile is a fixture pile up regardless

Funny how Klopps being quiet on this

Cancel the season and go again next year I say

In the meantime self isolate and look after your family and elderly neighbours

• @King-Fergus said in I don't get it.....I really don't.:

@Millerman-again
    Fixture pile is a fixture pile up regardless

Funny how Klopps being quiet on this

Cancel the season and go again next year I say

In the meantime self isolate and look after your family and elderly neighbours

Agree with your final sentence - I don't agree with canx the season though - get it finished. Use playing staff at the club.

I work in education and for a major awarding body - I already know they are looking to upskill workers to be able to do more than their current job - ready for when schools go back.

Not as though footballers need upskilling, all teams play the same formations (EDIT - Within the club I mean, obviously there is more than 1 formation :-))so that the 'better' players can progress - so its someone playing a game of football against other players playing a game of football. It really isn't difficult in my mind (I know everyone has a diff mind), but I just can't see why clubs don't just say we will crack on, get the games played asap and move on.

This what is happening will have a ripple effect for years - so just get the games played, get back to a regular offering of football and then let us normal people get back to adapting to what our lives will look like after everything has unraveled.

Just as footballers will want to get back to normal lives too.

• @Chris-J said in I don't get it.....I really don't.:

This is why the Footballing world get little sympathy. Moaning about being tired when Doctors, Nurses & other front-line workers are going to be working 70+ hour weeks surrounded by people losing their lives - but lets feel sorry for footballers who may to have to play a game of football while their legs are still a little achy from the previous game.

exactly ! for 100k a week i'd play 90 minutes every fekin day of the week !!

• I dont get why there is an issue - sure players will be out of contract (get some more then). When it starts let it finish regardless. The players won't be tired from excessive football at the moment, we don't need a winter break - they have just had an extended one. Cancel the stupid trophy for the lower teams, put the littlewoods, coca cola cup or what ever it is called these days on the back burner for 12 months but get assurance the big boys come in at round 1 to help the finances of all the clubs that have lost money. The same with the FA Cup - get everyone playing from the start. The remainder of the season will last 5 weeks if everyone plays twice a week so now the Euro's are postponed we will have enough time for it all to go again in August - one caveat here, this virus needs to be gone. It cant be difficult surely.

• @King-Fergus there's a huge difference between being asked to play 2 games in 2 days in 2 different continents and a season being suspended due to a public health crisis, but sure, push your silly agenda you silly bitter fool!!
    Klopp has not been quiet at all he's been very vocal and supportive of the whole thing here you go https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2880658-jurgen-klopp-issues-statement-after-pl-fixtures-postponed-due-to-coronavirus
    You can't just cancel a season thats already started of a multi billion pound industry (however much you may want to cause your team is crap and you biggest rivals are the best 😂) sponsors and TV companies will want their money back but the clubs have already spent the money so it can't happen or there will be massive law suits against the PL.
    Your last line is correct the rest is utter drivel!!

• @Gary-T That might be an OK answer for the Premier League where their finances are dictated by TV revenue. But below that then football clubs are

Receiving no matchday income
    Still paying wages, suppliers etc
    Still paying for loan players who can make up large parts of their squads
    Have contracted players who have clauses on promotion/relegation etc
    Can't send out for new season tickets when you don't know what division they will be playing in, money which usually keeps them going throughout the summer
    Players with contracts ending at the end of June. When will the new transfer window begin, will those players simply choose to move on rather than risk injury playing for their team

As I've said elsewhere, outside the PL bubble clubs have got survival on their mind, not for their league position but for their existence. It isn't just as simple as playing again, the whole football family needs alignment to ensure it still can prosper after the crisis passes through.

• @Millerman-again
    How can you not agree that Klopp moans when it doesn’t benefit him and has kept quiet when it does.
    Thats clear as day. You have to stay objective which is very difficult for people when personal benefit is at stake.

• @9stevo
    Silly scouser with personal gain goggles on.
    You sound nearly as fucking desperate as every ex Liverpool currently.
    Fowler and a few others who haven’t won a PL said we should cancel next season just to finish this.
    Ridiculous.
    People are struggling out there, why don’t we just wait it out and see what happens before sounding desperate as fuck over a metal trophy

• @Harford-is-God Thats why I suggested the PL sides come into the cup competitions at the beginning - the revenue produced for the smaller clubs when they play a side further up the pyramid is massive - and yes the sides from the PL and Championship should all play away.

• Ironically footballers will get a longer break because of Coronavirus than they would usually.

So really they shouldn’t be moaning about having to play continuously from say July 2020 to June 2021 - if that’s what happens.

Most of them will be ‘rested’ from time to time during the season anyway.

• @Gary-T So you suggest to tell the PL sides to play even more games than now when they already send weakened sides in the current set up? It really isn't the golden goose as you suggest, nice idea but doomed to failure.

I wouldn't be surprised that next season starts late and national cup competitions get binned to create enough space to catch up.

• @Harford-is-God I suppose I am - realistically only a handful of sides will have the extra couple of games (dont forget they have already scrapped replays for some rounds) because not all of them will be in Europe. I wouldnt bin the national cups as this is the revenue stream that a lot of the lower league sides will rely on going forward. I just hope they don't just say "stuff you jack I'm alright" to the rest of the football chain.

• @King-Fergus ok please explain how they can cancel a season that they've already started if you have all the answers and think its "ridiculous' to play it?
    What happens to the TV money?
    What happens to sponsorship money?
    Liverpool are the easy case, 25 points clear at the top, best team in the land by an absolute mile, they get the title but what about Leicester you just say they can't go into the champions league?! Who gets their place instead? Who get relegated? Who gets promoted?
    Oh course we should wait it out! I never said we should play now, only that you can't just cancel it! Once this has been contained the football can restart without any of your silly hysterics. You can cry and moan on this forum all you like the league will be finished.

• @King-Fergus said in I don't get it.....I really don't.:

Fowler and a few others who haven’t won a PL said we should cancel next season just to finish this.

sure he did, talking shite again Fergie?!!!

‘I think the season has to play out, regardless of how long we have to wait,’ Fowler told Sky Sports News. ‘I think we have got to bring the games back into it and just wait until the season can get going again. In all fairness I think the Premier League should wait as long as it takes and then play all the games. ‘If any season is going to be interrupted it should be next season because then everyone starts on a level playing field and everyone understands what the implications are then.’