New article: Hasselbanker comments on the COVID19 affect on markets

• Hasselbanker (a financial market man) gets straight to the point.

https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/foresight-2-markets-response-to-cov

As always, feedback appreciated/can even try the comments app thingy on the site if it works!?...and if interested in getting an article done, just get in touch!

• @Westy @Vespasian32

I've read through those insights. It's a useful way of re-assuring the masses as I'm pretty sure you have echoed the thoughts of many people there. Certainly mine.

Particularly interested in Vesp talking about thoughts turning to dip buying. Are you thinking about going in soon?

Listening to Boris today giving the estimate of 12 weeks to start turning the tide (clearly based on other more qualified ppls estimates) I'm thinking the bottom is probably about 8-10 weeks away.

• @MickTurbo its very tricky and i don't feel qualified to guess...its a shame Hasselbanker is absolutely snowed under at the moment on the frontline of the market crashes, but il try and see if he has tips on judging the bottom...otherwise i am all ears!

I've seen a lot more normal trading buys going through today though.

Ive just been sent home and told to not go to work. My school closes tomorrow. Think school closures will hit parents more over time as one will need to be home and not working...

I think there is more woe to come first...and especially if spreads get shortened during the crisis! Some players will sink extremely low.

• @MickTurbo I'm just keeping an eye on it. Assume FI will come out with something tomo... My guess is media madness either on top of or to follow on from the double dividends. Maybe a second deposit bonus too... Either higher % but lower maximum prize.. Or lower % but higher maximum prize.

For short term I'll either not deposit, or if I do itl be on media players for the promotion.

But once the spreads open up and we see the true lay of the land.... Then il be bargain hunting. I'd be reluctant to start while the spreads are as they are... Cos moment they open its realistic to expect a lot of IS.

• @Westy Another great read thank you all very much, it's a dirty hot time at the moment work are cutting my hours/pay 50% which is a shame as I have been depositing to take advantage of the 8.25% bonus and double dividends. I'm torn over whether to plough my my mortgage money in and take advantage of the 3 month mortgage break. Do you think there will be a good chance to get my cash back out inside that 3 month period, I know it's Russian roulette almost playing with fire and very high risk. Maybe buy a 500 Bruno, Pogba or Kane

• @Westy @Vespasian32

Yeh both correct I think.

Westy I have friends who are classed as key workers but their kids are nursery age and dont know where they stand. Some people, quite a lot unfortunately, are in for a seriously tough time which is why i completely agree with you Vesp about, on the 1 hand, further drops when spreads narrow, and on the other hand, the reluctance to pile in with spreads at their current levels.

Those who really need money out will act very quickly, then it's all a question of timing I suppose

@NewUser544952 no no no no no

• @NewUser544952 definitely not time to take serious financial risk.

• @Westy @Vespasian32

Another good read, thank you gents. One suggestion, maybe date the article as in 24 hours or 24 days it may read very differently!! Keep up the good work.

• @MickTurbo I did a poll on twitter... And like here... Completely outvoted RE spreads. Most want them to stay as they are for stability.

I guess cos I'm more of a natural active trader... The drops appeal to me... Certainly a lot more than the current inaction, and having money tied up in players that aren't worth holding atm.

• @NewUser544952 I would never risk the mortgage money. I regret my serious gambling days and the damage it did. It's not worth it.

The whole index could implode and no money is protected (I don't think it will) but Hasselbanker has tried to warn us that the problem is massive world wide and market wide!

I am sure FI will survive, I'm glad they made a point of telling us they are robust and have reserves and also the podcast talked about big improvements coming- they are still talking about the future.

Id take the mortgage break, but use it as a buffer to get through whatever comes.

Bruno and Pogba are at recent peaks...some of us have held Pogba for a very long time in the red through all sorts, he is volatile and could quickly sink. Bruno looks a bit safer, but peaking due to MB, once games return he will need PB to continue rising (which he may do, but lots of competition!)

If you can go long term there are premium holds, good ages, PB and MB worthy in dips due to crisis and due to injuries, but i cant pretend to be so sure on a player that I can recommend anyone.

Sorry to hear about the cuts! Good luck and thanks for reading!

• @Martyn-B said in New article: Hasselbanker comments on the COVID19 affect on markets:

@Westy @Vespasian32

Another good read, thank you gents. One suggestion, maybe date the article as in 24 hours or 24 days it may read very differently!! Keep up the good work.

great point! will get dates added to the articles asap, what a massively rookie error! 🤦‍♂️

• @MickTurbo said in New article: Hasselbanker comments on the COVID19 affect on markets:

@Westy @Vespasian32

Yeh both correct I think.

Westy I have friends who are classed as key workers but their kids are nursery age and dont know where they stand. Some people, quite a lot unfortunately, are in for a seriously tough time which is why i completely agree with you Vesp about, on the 1 hand, further drops when spreads narrow, and on the other hand, the reluctance to pile in with spreads at their current levels.

Those who really need money out will act very quickly, then it's all a question of timing I suppose

@NewUser544952 no no no no no

I'm part of management in my school but had to leave during the discussion on this. I left pretty certain that it was for children that had both parents as key workers e.g. Mum is a detective and Dad is a nurse or Mum is Doctor and 'Mummy' is a delivery driver (see what i did there, its 2020 guys! #no stereotypes allowed), those children can still go to school as both parents need to do jobs for the country. The DFE /government and local council couldn't agree on who counted whilst i was there!

Also (unofficially) heard we probably wont go back til September!

• @Westy Friend of mine in a senior role within the civil service, now home working gave the same timescales

• @Vespasian32 I'm with you on spreads, yes there would be quick drops of course but I actually think we would reach equilibrium within hours. Sellers would cut and run instantly and the likes of us would then pile in.

As we were discussing the other night most of those that want out probably have their shares listed now anyway, so were already feeling the drops that these people are capable of creating

Apart from which, there will be people desperate for cash, probably losing sleep at the minute, so I believe theres a moral argument though I appreciate that gambling and morality do not cross paths.

@Westy I suspected that would be the case, ie both parents needing to be key workers but hadn't seen it confirmed

• Love the new site guys ..

Well done to all with this thread.. I was about to go all-in with FI before the deposit promotion ends but I think I will see how things are in four weeks based on what I have read tonight..

This is a crazy period in time and definitely one for the history books..

• @Karl thanks Karl. The DB is very appealing. Where else in this climate can you make 8.25%? Just don't commit what you can't afford to lose. Who knows when spreads will normalise and liquidity resume. Whatever you put in has to be considered a long term bet at this stage.

Defo hold some back for bargain bucket tho! Maybe the bottom or 'a bottom' will occur before the end of the dB promo period.