The Heartache

• The heartache of waking up each morning and checking your account and finding you have won fuck all once again in dividends :)

I still love this platform as it brought me back to football which vanished from my life for 10 years..

Keep the faith lads

• flipside

0_1584787630016_Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 10.10.45.png

• I hold Bruno, Pogba, Messi, Neymar, kane, rashford so I'm doing pretty well right now, though cap app is completely stagnant, as I also hold a lot of PB only players.

It will absolutely boom when footie is announced again. It is just about muddling through to that time.

• @kristiang85 its gonna be interesting to see. Hypothetically, say footy starts in june. Theyll probably lash it all off in about 6 weeks giving us mud July, then were back to MB only for a good month. Not too sure how the market will behave.

On the flip side it may be that footy starts in July meaning 1 season may pretty much lead straight into another followed by the Euros. If it happens this way its gonna be mage for PB

• @MickTurbo I really can't see them playing for 12 months straight, there has to be a decent break in there somewhere.

• @dean73 at the risk of sounding like any old idiot who's been given a platform to shout on, we all work week in week out, month in month out, and very few of us earn a fraction of what these lads earn so in a very exceptional circumstance such as the one we are currently in, I do not think its unreasonable to ask footballers to just soldier on.

Perhaps from the 39th league game onwards, when they are out on their feet and PTSD, depression, stress and exhaustion are creeping in and they're all just sat in the changies before kick off with a 1000 yard stare, it might be possible to play the famous Churchill 'we will never surrender' speech in order to rouse them for yet another Herculean 90 minute foray into the abyss.

• @MickTurbo Although I agree with nearly everything you’ve said.
    It simply won’t happen, it’s all about player welfare these days and the clubs will try to protect their players/assets as much as possible.

• @Gregolocky yeh you're very probably right mate 🤷‍♂️

• @MickTurbo You might be surprised the toll it can take. Batistuta is looking to have his legs amputated from the knees down due to unbearable pain.

• @Millonarios yeh, I mean I wasnt looking to get into a big debate or anything but there will always be these kinds of examples, but for every Batistuta, how many ordinary people have life altering conditions from their own jobs?

I'm just making the point that I dont personally feel its unreasonable, if the situation is that footy resumes in July, to ask players to play an elongated season from that point.

Focussing on the top divisions around Europe, most premier league teams would be required to play 47 league games, BL teams mostly 43, L1 48, LL 49, SA a harrowing 50 🙏📿

Championship teams play 46 games in an ordinary season. Ok they dont have CL/EL but neither do 70% of PB league teams.

I didnt know that a out batistuta though, I loved watching him on football Italia as a kid. Sad to hear that

• The greedy Premier League clubs like to have it both ways. Their players are too tired, there's no winter break and it's just too hard for them. But then they need to bastardise the Football League trophy by entering their u23 teams into it as these young players can't get any game time for their first teams, despite the fact the first teams are just oh so busy.

Then add in that many Premier League teams have upwards of 10 players out on loan, sometimes up to 40 odd.

They can get in the fucking sea, the lot of them.

League 1 and 2 teams play more league games and they come into the cups at an earlier round, plus an additional cup competition that is now completely devalued as it has Premier League kids/reserves.

Plenty of non league teams have players that are working ordinary jobs in the day, then get on the bus to Barrow away for a Tuesday night. You never hear about these lads getting tired.

Ask an NHS worker what tired means.

Cry me a fucking river.

• @Yellow

I wish you would just get off the fucking fence and say what you really think ... 🤣

• Although that said, I'm thinking of buying into Pogba soon so if he wants to tweet he's a bit tuckered out tomorrow then I'm down with that.

• @Yellow said in The Heartache:

The greedy Premier League clubs like to have it both ways. Their players are too tired, there's no winter break and it's just to hard for them. But then they need to bastardise the Football League trophy by entering their u23 teams into it as these young players can't get any game time for their first teams, despite the fact the first teams are just oh so busy.

Then add in that many Premier League teams have upwards of 10 players out on loan, sometimes up to 40 odd.

They can get in the fucking sea, the lot of them.

League 1 and 2 teams play more league games and they come into the cups at an earlier round, plus an additional cup competition that is now completely devalued as it has Premier League kids/reserves.

Plenty of non league teams have players that are working ordinary jobs in the day, then get on the bus to Barrow away for a Tuesday night. You never hear about these lads getting tired.

Ask an NHS worker what tired means.

Cry me a fucking river.

Top class 👏

• @MickTurbo
    If it was just finishing one season and then going straight into the new one, I don't really see the issue but then tagging on an important tournament like The Euros at the end of it doesn't make sense to me.

• @dean73 I'm not talking to you anyway mate lol. Well done in diamond tigers league mate 👏