Zlatan Ibrahimovic

• WHY OH WHY are people pumping hard earned cash into this player, he has NO VALUE WHAT SO EVER if you're so hell bent in loosing your cash or wasting it send it my way and i will at least put it to a good cause. But jokes aside if you are not sure how the index works ask others on the forum or theres chat groups you can join and get advice from people.

• @SMacFI only 2 possible explanations, he scored screamer on debut so people that don't understand that fi prices are entirely dividend based jump on him or it's someone/ group of people playing a sheep like following to bump up price but even this is risky so am swaying towards the first hypothesis. His actual value is basically £0 😖

• @SMacFI I hear people talk about players hitting £20+ and am thinking they just don't understand how prices are created/driven

• Maybe people think he might come out of international retirement and be at the World Cup, in which case his value would probably double for a couple of weeks

• @LG why? Even if that happened he's not available for mb and at 37 he's unlikely to win many/any pb .

• Maybe I’m also a little misinformed. If he hits the top 200 is he not eligible for media buzz? I’m not holding by the way

• @LG if he hits top200 he would be but that is highly unlikely.

• Worse buys out there for 80p I don't hold any tho but I can see him sneaking into the top 200

• @LG maybe, but after the world cup he will be absolutely worthless. I would not buy him now. But thats just my opinion.

• Guys we are all looking at this in the wrong way. In the last 10 days Zlatan price has gone down to 40p and right back up to 83p. Many traders have got in at the bottom and made a very high ROI. We need to remember what is moving the market so much lately which is the world cup. Zlatan has been dropping hints which has fuelled rumours he might return to the swedish team for the world cup, also take into account the new traders from the uk and sweden who might not understand how the market moves, plus he has started with a bang for LA Galaxy. There is plenty of rationale for buying him at such a low price originally and plenty of traders have made money on him and traded intelligently. (disclaimer i didnt buy and dont own but imo i missed a great opportunity)

I done a video last weekend about this and how instead of asking why he is rising we should look instead at how we can take advantage of the opportunity.

Video titled high risk trading curious case of zlatan.

heres the link if anyone is interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/footballindextradingjournal/videos/

• We need to stop only trading on what we think will happen and trade on what others might think will happen then by default we are trading on what will move the market. This will make us better traders overall, I have learnt its often pointless questioning the market

• @TradingJournal spot on! I had a cheeky punt and bought 500 at 51p and sold them off this morning making £115 profit after the commission. My rationale was that the WC rumours and Swedish market would push his price up, then he hit ‘that goal’ on his debut. Time to check out... always opportunities for a return.

• @78pJesus Great Trading mate!

• @LG said in Zlatan Ibrahimovic:

Maybe people think he might come out of international retirement and be at the World Cup, in which case his value would probably double for a couple of weeks

But if he did, you pay 80p to have no guarantee of winning divs, maybe a 4p div if your lucky, what happens after wc, who's going to then pay 80p for him everyone will instant sell any profit in divs is tipped out, anyone even considering this should not be on the index am sorry its crazy, and if people on twitter are pumping him dont listen.

• @SMacFI I caused a shit storm on here for putting out a few very good shouts that are well in the green now, and people bigging up someone that cant win nothing to rip off new traders is just a joke. and not cool. but like i said if people want to waste there cash, the best way to learn is the hard way.

• @78pJesus
    Anyone that bought in around that 50p mark has done some fantastic trading.
    75% ROI in 2 days is good by anyone's standard, well done!

• Justifying others bad trading to buy in at higher prices doest warrant justifying good trading at 50p when people have been on twitter pumping him up to rip people of, it leave a very bad taste in my mouth this whole thing, people should be helping people out to not make bad trades if they are new and don't know better, not encouraging them.

• @SMacFI said in Zlatan Ibrahimovic:

Justifying others bad trading to buy in at higher prices doest warrant justifying good trading at 50p when people have been on twitter pumping him up to rip people of, it leave a very bad taste in my mouth this whole thing, people should be helping people out to not make bad trades if they are new and don't know better, not encouraging them.

Out of interest, which twitter users do you know that have been hyping him up? I follow a couple and haven't seen anyone pushing him.

• Am not getting into another argument on here, i have said my piece, am off to the pub to watch the footy now.

• @SMacFI said in Zlatan Ibrahimovic:

Am not getting into another argument on here, i have said my piece, am off to the pub to watch the footy now.

Sorry I didn't mean it to come across confrontational. I was just hoping you could help me by letting me known which twitter users you keep talking about?