Why would u want more divs right now?

• I still don't think people understand the severity of the situation with the Corona virus right now. Football could still be months away from being played and it's all good saying it going to be back soon as it will be but the longer it takes to come back the worse situation fi will be in.
    People who want double divs and/or top 5 media need to see the bigger picture, they ain't getting as much money in atm.
    They have lower spreads so people are very unlikely to mass is right now most are just listing so I reckon in the anncoument they shud keep top 3 mb with normal divs and promise to double PB and mb for the reminder of the seasons. I see that making sure they don't go over board while waiting for football and the reward us for waiting.
    When football resume im sure more trading will take place and we can all enjoy this for years to come

• I suspect they will need to provide an incentive to traders to buy into PB players or more significantly hold them as and when FI slowly reduce the spreads. Whilst at the same time extending the MB places to 5 in order to generate more interest during this downtime.

Maybe they could also introduce a team of the week/month for MB points for a period as well....

• I don't really have any MB players so I shall just sit and wait until there is a glimmer of light and then I intend to try and time it right to add some more players before the stampede starts to buy back in. Germany seem to coping the best atm so maybe their league will be the first back ?

• They need more trading.

Possibly change it to 8,4,2,2,2 would be same net payout as now but make more players tradeable whilst keeping the battle for number 1 exciting (relatively speaking)

• I can never understand the concerns people have with whether FI can afford to pay divendends. It would be hard to find a business that has stronger cash flow than FI. They have no manufacturing cost. They sell something that doesn't exist. We are paying hard cash for fresh air. Their ability to throw money at problems rather than addressing them indicates a business awash with cash. No I want more dividends to cover the substantially increased risk of tieing my money up. First chance if not I'm derisking.

• @mike778 don't see that increasing trading tbh, it usually the same people with mb and u either hold them or don't they are not really people you trade about

• @LittleFish I believe that they have loads back up money but the have loads to spend on,like advertising and improving the platform, I'd rather they put more money when football comes on as people will put more money in, no matter what they do atm most people won't throw money into here unlike when football starts again more will start unlisting, trading and spending more
    95% of players u won't be able to de-risk on unless u is which is not the smartest opition if your sure in the company

• @R2d2 that's why they need to increase MB to more winners or an additional why for MB to win money. The way the world is looking for the next few months I need cash flow from at least some of my FI futures.

• It's not a case of increasing trading it's keeping what they've got. Most of that advertising spend is down the toilet now.

• @LittleFish said in Why would u want more divs right now?:

I can never understand the concerns people have with whether FI can afford to pay divendends. It would be hard to find a business that has stronger cash flow than FI. They have no manufacturing cost. They sell something that doesn't exist. We are paying hard cash for fresh air. Their ability to throw money at problems rather than addressing them indicates a business awash with cash. No I want more dividends to cover the substantially increased risk of tieing my money up. First chance if not I'm derisking.

I'm not concerned about FI's financial situation either, the dividends they pay out are relative to the player. If Bruno takes 10p for top media today priced at £9.90, then those that bought him today need that to happen 98 more times for him to pay for himself. If that looks like it's on the cards, then FI will sell considerably more shares in him at an ever increasing price. Also consider that if someone who bought in at £4 decides to cash in and sell to market that FI will get 2% of the sale at whatever price they sell at, and that person will no longer be receiving the payout from FI - the person that paid the higher price will.

Then consider all the other players that are being bought that have no chance of dividends. FI are totally fine. The large spreads protect holders but also FI.

• @LittleFish they could be paying out more than they getting in if is isn't happening and selling was going slowly, they don't have endless supplies

• @MUFC FI do have endless supplies at the moment. 90% of the players being bought now have little chance of divs and with the spreads no chance of selling to market. To sell a buyer gives up 40% of the value. It’s a money machine whilst we can’t sell.

• @LittleFish said in Why would u want more divs right now?:

@MUFC FI do have endless supplies at the moment. 90% of the players being bought now have little chance of divs and with the spreads no chance of selling to market. To sell a buyer gives up 40% of the value. It’s a money machine whilst we can’t sell.

Yep. They made loads when people were ISing like confetti. At the same time their customer base understandingly were removing money from the platform, hence the massive spreads to slow down the exit.

• Are people still optimistic about football returning within a couple of months?

Looking less and less realistic - Particularly with Italy showing no signs of slowing down.

• @Chris-J Not a chance. That’s like thinking football could be back in a month in a months time when we’re absolutely ravaged with the virus.