Some Ideas To Stimulate Buying

• Off the top of my head - may be shite and if so, say so.....but for a start I would.

Put a Brucie Bonus on the following - bought from a certain date until the date that particular country starts playing togger again.

xxp per share on the first goalkeeper to save a pen.

xxp per share for first red card.

xxp for first def,mid,att to score.

xxp for first hat-trick.

I would even go as far to bring in that transfer bonus.

Crack on, let's give FI some ideas.

• They should do a prize draw of random players a couple of times a week, one def, one mid and one fwd and award them as a PB win then draw one of those three again for the star man dividend. Make it new shares only and i reckon that would get trading throughout the market again.
    It would be a total lottery but it would encourage people to start rebuilding towards ports which include PB players.

They would need to maybe limit it to players that have scored over a certain PB threshold in the past to give better odds on winning

• @Black-wolf said in Some Ideas To Stimulate Buying:

They should do a prize draw of random players a couple of times a week, one def, one mid and one fwd and award them as a PB win then draw one of those three again for the star man dividend. Make it new shares only and i reckon that would get trading throughout the market again.
    It would be a total lottery but it would encourage people to start rebuilding towards ports which include PB players.

They would need to maybe limit it to players that have scored over a certain PB threshold in the past to give better odds on winning

Could maybe weight it somehow so the top pb performers are more likely to win, but everyone is still in with a chance.

• @Allams-Out 1 ball in the hat for every average PB point a player has.

• Buy ten futures in one player, get one free (or buy nine futures, get one free if that helps to prevent OCD for people who like nice round numbers).

• A night with Demi Moore for the trader who spends the most on futures in the next fortnight.

• A night with Anne Widdecombe for the active trader who spends the least in the next fortnight.

• Have to say some of these ideas smack of desperation. There’s no way I’m here to play a lottery. Enhanced media divs, and possibly a phase 2 bonus like they did last summer will do the job nicely until football starts again.

• @Coleyscrooge said in Some Ideas To Stimulate Buying:

Have to say some of these ideas smack of desperation. There’s no way I’m here to play a lottery. Enhanced media divs, and possibly a phase 2 bonus like they did last summer will do the job nicely until football starts again.

I agree. I do like the 5 a side tournament on another thread, being run by a member of the forum to keep up spirits but for FI to start running random pot luck events would not be good in my opinion, and it is only my opinion.

• @Coleyscrooge said in Some Ideas To Stimulate Buying:

Have to say some of these ideas smack of desperation. There’s no way I’m here to play a lottery. Enhanced media divs, and possibly a phase 2 bonus like they did last summer will do the job nicely until football starts again.

Not desperation on my part. I was set up for media way before any of this happened, i only have one PB win player(parejo)

My reasoning with the lottery idea is that people often have their port prepared when they know theres no football coming up. But for some this was sprung upon them, my reason for the lottery idea was to create liquidity and allow people to trade in and out of a wider range of players than is currently happening. Its not something i would participate in but i would be nice to know money is moving about if i wanted to trade. It may even help to inflate the price of some of my MB players

• The only thing that will stimulate buying is some football being played. The media thing is a total shambles. The "Andy or Andrew" Robertson is the final nail in the coffin for me.

• @Coleyscrooge lottery thing is an awful idea but to put more weight on the already embarrassing MB scoring system is not the way forward. Announce a whole new scoring mechanism that gives equal chances to all based on actual media mentions. This would result in more investment in other players rather than the usual top 6-10 and also solve a flawed system that will eventually break FI

• simply increase MB divs after 3rd April any player making the top 30 wins 1p more for top 3

• @deano you’re joking right? Top 30 🤣

• @deano
    😂😂😂
    Simply crazy !
    I’d rather FI stick to the same and be in a financially strong position once we return to normality.

• @Black-wolf I quite like the idea of a PB lottery. As long as it’s a small amount of dividends as to maintain the financial stability of the platform. It would give a little bit of interest to traders. I don’t think they will do it but I do think FI are doing a really good job at the minute. Got to say I’m loving the 5-side thread, gutted I was knocked out in the first round😂

• I think they could begin to shorten spreads (slowly & gradually) of players posting regular average/decent MB scores - It's not the miracle answer but will be at least a small step in bringing back some liquidity.

PB should remain high for the time being.

• Who knows, maybe they will bring order books forward. They did say it would be a big announcement tomorrow. They have been testing it for the last month or so with certain traders so the tech can not be too far away from being ready.

• Any buys bought now only have the IPD eligibility period start when football returns for that players respective league. Also IPD's will be double for any remaining fixtures played this season.

With a possible congested fixture schedule this will give people real incentive to pump into PB and IPD players now and keep money in the index.

• How much do people honestly think they need to stimulate growth. The issue at the moment is global financial insecurity, not how many pence is being paid out in MB.

8.25% bonus is miles better than anything you will find elsewhere yet people aren't putting money in.

If FI increase their dividends they are just giving away more money at a difficult time. It would be madness. As far as I'm aware the Footie has grown ever so slightly for the last 3/4 days. Let's keep it that way.