Selling shares

• Hi there is anyone else having issues trying to sell shares?

• The whole market is slow at the moment. You might be able to sell premium mb players, but not much else is sought after right now.

Today's announcement might shake it up a bit.

• Yep. Entire portfolio been for sale for 4 days now. 18 players. Not a sniff as yet. Fair enough they aren’t media div winners, but crikey that’s steady...

• Probably have around 20 players in sell queue at the moment.

I am just trying to de-risk at the moment along with many I suppose.

Uncertain times and I cannot bring myself to spend at the moment but I have always been a cautious investor.

Todays announcement at least gave me the chance to sell my Ighalo shares at a decent price.

• @Gazz127 "Probably have around 20 players in sell queue at the moment."

I wouldn't bother personally. Their not going to sell & just add to the drop of share prices causing further panic.

It's pointless unless some news breaks & people are actually buying.

• @Ericali I have sold six players in past week.

I do understand all these players in sell queue are not helping prices but we all have to do what we got to do.

But personally just the chance to de-risk just a tad and have money on the side lines puts my mind more at ease.

Got holds (premium) that I feel confident long term mind you and have not added to queue.

• Had some shares in the que for over a week and nothing, also tried IS one player and it wouldn’t let me. If I could get rid of some of my players I’ll be looking to invest straight back in ready for when the season starts up again. If FI allowed shorter spreads on player sales providing that money generated by sales where invested back into the platform then at least it would allow people to trade and re adjust their portfolios. Eg: sell £1000 shares in Pogba at a shorter spread and buy £1000 shares in grealish, maybe give people 24hrs to re-invest after selling. This will get people interested again

• @Markb
    I like this idea. People thinking outside of the box.
    Lower spreads for money staying in FI!
    Not sure how workable this would be though.
    Where there's a will there's a way!

• Think a lot of people probably have been building their portfolios ready for the euros, now that they’ve been cancelled we need to be able to trade in preparation for the season starting up again and when the transfer window opens up.

• @Markb
    The introduction of order books would help increase liquidity and people who did 'need' to get out could pick an amount they'd be happier losing, rather than the current spreads.
    In the pipeline apparently.

• @Markb best idea I've heard. 👍

• @Markb

I think it’s a good idea, and encourages trading.

Again who knows if it’s logistically possible, but as an idea it’s good. I think it would run as an opt-in promotion to access the smaller spreads and in return you accept some T&Cs that mean you won’t have access to withdraw any money for X number of days - because I’m not sure they’ll get away with just not letting anyone withdraw money, this way people could have a choice.

• @Daniel 👍

• @Markb said in Selling shares:

Eg: sell £1000 shares in Pogba at a shorter spread and buy £1000 shares in grealish, maybe give people 24hrs to re-invest after selling. This will get people interested again

Rather than sell shares and it going to your normal balance, it could go into a separate one for you, called 'share funds' or whatever. That way it would be kept apart from any money already in your balance and any dividends which would also go into your balance.