ANNOUNCEMENT - FAQS

• Can all Shares in my Portfolio win FIVE-Place Media - not just new ones?

Hypothetically yes, but in reality no. Media can only realistically be won by 1% of the index, thus making the other 99% useless. We're still going to keep spreads high to stop you escaping this new game. We intend keeping this approach until football returns or you die.
    We've had several days to come up with this and basically this is it - don't forget though, media up to 8pm qualifies. Yes you read right 8pm.🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀
    This should encourage more trading specifically between 19. 59 and 19.59 59 secs.

• @Dronny-Gaz wow just wow 🤦‍♂️

• @Dronny-Gaz

If Toby Alderweireld can win MB dividends with a top 3 finish then almost any player can win with a top 5 finish!! Also 150+ players are linked to Man Utd every summer.

The spreads are their to protect our portfolios, not to trap us!!

Well done FI. Sensible, underwhelming and keeping their powder dry for future announcements of future announcements.

• @Dronny-Gaz I’m absolutely delighted that FI widened the spreads so quickly as otherwise I’m sure I would have already lost around £15,000 by now and instead only lost about £2,000 since Covid started wrecking the world’s economy. Remember the stock markets are down around 40% from a few months ago. Fortunately FI has been able to save us from these huge losses and they should only remove spreads when Covid is clearing up. If they didn’t take this action then many would have lost a fortune by now so think about how this is affecting us all.

• @TeamGB said in ANNOUNCEMENT - FAQS:

@Dronny-Gaz I’m absolutely delighted that FI widened the spreads so quickly as otherwise I’m sure I would have already lost around £15,000 by now and instead only lost about £2,000 since Covid started wrecking the world’s economy. Remember the stock markets are down around 40% from a few months ago. Fortunately FI has been able to save us from these huge losses and they should only remove spreads when Covid is clearing up. If they didn’t take this action then many would have lost a fortune by now so think about how this is affecting us all.

I'm so glad FI have done what they've done, yes everyone's ports might not look that pretty at the moment. But within a month of a ball being kicked it will all be back to normal on here (probably). People keep banging on about stocks and shares and leaving FI to go and invest, I work in stocks and shares and it might take up to 10 years for the market to get back to where it was before this outbreak. People just need to sit back and realise this FOOTBALL platform is not going to be booming whilst football isn't being played, FI have protected everyone's money here and people need to stop expecting them to pull rabbits out of a hat every week cause they're not making money.

• The increased spreads were introduced weeks ago and were a sensible decision and protected the Index.
    We needed an announcement to go forward and somehow encourage trading.
    Have I missed something? Was there something in the announcement I've misunderstood?
    In 'real terms' Divs have gone down as we're currently in the double Divs promotion.
    I always give FI credit and I think they've acted well up to now.
    This announcement is underwhelming and the fact that we've had to wait so long for such a predictable announcement is disappointing, in my opinion of course.

• @Dronny-Gaz said in ANNOUNCEMENT - FAQS:

Have I missed something?

There's.
    No.
    Football.

• @TotalPunt What are FOOTSTOCK doing to keep people interested?
    In unprecedented times you sometimes have to think out of the box!
    Why not something like this?

Someone with far better technical knowledge than myself may be able to tell me if it's workable or if there are obvious flaws I've missed.
    Imagine no football for a couple of months!

Bring in virtual FI.
    Man City Wk 3 PB scores
    Spurs Wk 17 PB scores
    Sheff Utd Wk 12 PB scores
    And so forth.

So many possible permutations and GK, DEF, MID, FWD payouts after a weekly draw at 3pm on a Saturday.

Obviously the same concept for the other PB leagues too.

Madness or the future? 😁

COPYRIGHT ME 17.24 ON 14TH MARCH 2020.

I await your call Mr Cole. 😂

Why not a giant knockout tournament, similar to the one that @Diamond-Tiger did.

They're not gimmicks, but promotions that keep FI at the front of people's minds for when the good times do return!

• @Dronny-Gaz I admire the enthusiasm, but I would say they are all gimmicks and would devalue FI as a product.
    FI needs live football and until that comes back there's nothing they can do without permafucking the platform.
    We all need to just focus on DIY for three months and how to mentally deal with being confined with our 'loved' ones without losing our shit.

FI have done all they can IMHO. We need them solvent so I hope they stay sensible.

• @TotalPunt
    I do get it and appreciate the prudent approach with our money.
    This could have been a real opportunity though. Shares are falling and interest rates are garbage.
    Good luck and I'll see you on the other side. 😁

• @Dronny-Gaz Ha, yes all the best Donny...I am sure patience will be rewarded in due course 🙏🏼