Will you put new money in?

• Like many I've found the announcement for just underwhelming, but also worrying as I can't see much trading happening over the next couple of months. An occasional story will break out and people will jump on, but overall it looks like it could be pretty stagnate, especially with current spreads. I've asked this question on the other thread but feel like this could be a decent way to gauge instant market reaction.

So my question is- will you put in new money into the platform based on this promotion? Honest answers only of course

• Probably. I'll certainly reinvest all divs. Need to check my bank account after mortgage comes out next week... If the guys who win media a lot keep dropping I'll happily buy some. Media madness and pogba, Bruno, Neymar all dropped? I guess people were expecting something crazy... But wait till they have nothing else to gamble on and those guys are top day after day... Theyl reinvest.

• Not putting any new money in until the games come back. I’m not complaining about the promo tho, I think it’s decent enough for the time being

• No. But I'm in no rush to take money out over it either. What can FI actually do? Theres no footy for the foreseeable and people are very unsure. Were regularly seeing people on top of the trend list after a 6% rise. Therefore FI need to be careful not to overexposed themselves with presumably a very small amount of commission coming in.

If they had said ok were gonna pay out the top 15 media places from 15p down to 1p and were also gonna run an MB equivalent of the SMDD's I'd have been honestly concerned about sustainability. Meanwhile yes we'd have seen huge spikes by now but that would likely be that. One big day for FI, or more accurately a big few hours, followed by a month of huge liabilities

• @MickTurbo Agree with this. Just got to sit it out until football is back. I might even delete the app for a month or so. Check back in after a few weeks to see how Bruno's been getting on.

• I've already deposited and spent £3000 since the 8.25% offer started, I doubt I'll put in any more. I spent that money predominantly on PB players as they had dropped so much in price. The only players in my port that might pick up some MB in the next few weeks are the likes of Ronaldo, Griezmann and Coutinho.

The announcement hasn't changed anything for me. I'm unlikely to deposit any more cash but equally I am not desperate to take any out. I'm happy to wait it out until football comes back and others can cash in on the MB divs in the meantime.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor

Announcement wasn’t underwhelming in the slightest, ridiculous expectations from traders means we’ve got media madness and most the players that will benefit from it seem to be dropping.

The announcement certainly doesn’t encourage mass trading, but it does provide users with a better chance to earn divs given the current circumstances. FI have done a good enough job.

I had a decent cash balance that I’ve partially invested in some players I think will benefit from the five places, but I’m now tempted myself to wait until the end of this current promotion, just to have a couple more weeks to see how players perform in the media rankings, and then I’ll maybe purchase more then probably.

I’ve generally been topping up my holds that have dropped cause of football being cancelled too.

• Yes, I think I will.

I have net deposits of just under £2k since 14 March and I will probably try and get some more in and spent by 23:59:59 on 23 April when the net buys bonus ends. I'm quite happy to pick up a few quid here and there. It's going to be a much better return than in my bank.

• @Daniel I look at this forum alot and don't think traders had ridiculous expectations. I think most accept that it is a tricky situation and I don't think I saw any where they suggested increasing the amount of dividends paid out each day. I think you are deliberating using more extreme language to describe them so you can discount their views.

I think most suggestions were around keeping dividend payout similar, but more creative ways of paying out so to keep movement and trading going. We've just had a media promotion announced and the media players are dropping. Rather than blaming traders, maybe some blame should be at FI as well?

• Yes I’d put new money in here over stock markets for example as FI has taken great action to protect our funds. The market is continuing to slowly rise unlike anywhere else you can put your money. Once Covid is clearing up then spreads will reduce and all is good.

• No.

But I plan on never putting more money in. I made my last deposit in October and promised myself that was it. I was looking at the cash in my ISA last night which is earning very little but decided I had to keep my promise, even if only too myself.

I will be reinvesting all dividends as usual and not planning any withdrawals (never withdrawn) until the end of the year, which was always my plan.

• I wont de depositing until football is looking likely to start up again.

Any divs earnt will just be built up until we reach this point as well.

But I definitely wont be looking to sell up and leave the platform either.

• No.
    I'm only contracted for 6hrs at work so, with the closing of my workplace as of yesterday, all the extra shifts I'd picked up have now gone.
    I will struggle to survive on a pittance for what could be months so the last thing on my mind right now is putting more money into something I'm not going to be able to take money out of for ages.

• Yes, I'll be putting in a little more on payday. In times of no football, if you aren't putting money in, but are still expecting to make money or FI to support you, then you probably need to adjust expectations

• @dean73 My only complaint on FI thus far.

In extraordinary times, in extraordinary circumstances where survival for some is uncertain, giving an opportunity for people to take money out to exist should be better than what the current spreads provide. I do get why and I don't profess to know how but there should be an opportunity to do so.

Just my view which I appreciate may not be aligned with others which I accept.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in Will you put new money in?:

@Daniel I look at this forum alot and don't think traders had ridiculous expectations. I think most accept that it is a tricky situation and I don't think I saw any where they suggested increasing the amount of dividends paid out each day. I think you are deliberating using more extreme language to describe them so you can discount their views.

I think most suggestions were around keeping dividend payout similar, but more creative ways of paying out so to keep movement and trading going. We've just had a media promotion announced and the media players are dropping. Rather than blaming traders, maybe some blame should be at FI as well?

I agree not everyone who is underwhelmed today wanted higher dividends, many just wanted a boost in trading like you said. But too many suggestions to boost trading were completely artificial and would skew the market to the extent it doesn’t actually reflect what is happening (or isn’t happening) in football right now.

FI have offered more Media Places, and the chance to do short term trading by extending the deadline to earn dividends. This gives a slightly greater chance to trade and make money. If that’s what users want to do they should take it and adapt their portfolios. If not they should sit and wait for this to all blow over (and I wouldn’t criticise anybody for doing that, most of the players in my portfolio are stagnant I’m happy to hold them and top up.)

FI provided people a better chance to earn divs and CA today, it’s not amazing but it’s good enough considering the global situation. Users don’t have to take the opportunity if they don’t want, that isn’t my problem - but I just disagree with those that want FI to change the game to something that doesn’t reflect football right now because certain players are stagnant.

• No I won't be, I had deposited quite a large sum (for me) with the view of investing across the board but will probably just withdraw it and keep it in my current account for now.

The risk for me is that I am actually just losing interest in it, albeit the amount I was on the app was probably unhealthy before.

I wasn't expecting it to be more financially rewarding than it is but I think we could all do with something that brings a level of excitement or stimulates activity ...

• @Diamond-Tiger said in Will you put new money in?:
    I think we could all do with something that brings a level of excitement or stimulates activity …

I keep saying that to the Mrs but for some reason she keeps saying no!

• Banned

If I could, I would.

I keep looking at all these PB players so cheap and know they will rocket when football starts again, and I want in on that.
    But in the middle of getting a mortgage and the bank will frown upon me putting more money in atm

• @MrWh1te
    Surely ur 60% would allow you to improve ur portfolio or are you still ‘coppering’ up for lessons...🤔🤔