How to finish the season???

• How do they complete the leagues...

1. Finish all games.?

2. All teams Play 5 more games over 14 days 3 Saturdays and 2 wednesdays.

3. Leave it where it is and just have playoffs for relegation teams vs promotion teams bottom 3 vs top 3.

Chelsea , Manu, wolves , Sheffield United playoffs for last champions league and Europa league???

Any thoughts

• Impossible.

• @Doug-s they have to finish the season and outstanding fixtures as how it plays our could make or break teams on a financial level for years to come. If the fixtures spill into next season then so be it. I think its more likely we will see big changes to next season i order to provide the time to finish this season. Next season will be all about getting the schedule back on track

• @Black-wolf Spot on, finishing the season ensures a level playing field and matters sorted by ordinary means. New season, whenever that starts, might be amended but all teams will be aware of the changes and any potential consequences before they kick off.

Changing the rules to the existing season/competitions will just bring lawsuits...

• @Black-wolf spill over to next season? Too right. Will be lucky to play any games at all before October.

• @Hotspur If there is no action until October EFL has to cancel. There will be only a handful of clubs left.

• I was thinking the other day that they should finish this season fully, asap. This will eat into next season. To finish next season in time for the euros they could split the EPL into 2 halves with playoffs from both sides at the end to determine winner, euro qualification and relegation. It would be quite fun as a one off.

• @Jimbo anyone remembered there's a euros next year as well

• @Black-wolf said in How to finish the season???:

@Doug-s they have to finish the season and outstanding fixtures as how it plays our could make or break teams on a financial level for years to come. If the fixtures spill into next season then so be it. I think its more likely we will see big changes to next season i order to provide the time to finish this season. Next season will be all about getting the schedule back on track

@Black-wolf said in How to finish the season???:

@Doug-s they have to finish the season and outstanding fixtures as how it plays our could make or break teams on a financial level for years to come. If the fixtures spill into next season then so be it. I think its more likely we will see big changes to next season i order to provide the time to finish this season. Next season will be all about getting the schedule back on track

Absolutely agree 100%. Depending on when the new season starts will really have an affect on other things, like squad size, transfers to cope so it could be a good thing for FI in the long run.

• What about have a half season next one where home or away is randomly selected so only 19 games are played?

• @TeamGB Yup, been suggested by myself and others weeks ago, even before we realised how much of a mess this has become. I like the idea and think it's possibly the most plausible way of doing things.

• Some tiers of non league (non league below national leagues) want to void their season.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/non-league-clubs-outline-radical-3979941

Who knows how long the national leagues all the way up to championship have before they start thinking the same.

• @TeamGB just wouldn't feel the same if you won the league

• @MUFC said in How to finish the season???:

@TeamGB just wouldn't feel the same if you won the league

Well, you'd be in no danger of that, nice of you to think of others though πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ€£

• National league remaining fixtures to be voided apparently

• Can't really answer till you know when we can play. A lot depends on whether we can go behind closed doors. If people behave, we can get numbers down but would be dangerous opening up to 50k people.

Players are probably going to need a pre season of sorts. I could see restarting August with next season binned off. Possibly have a one off special club tournament with no promotion or relegation. Chance to be creative.

• @Ddr wait till we have rashford, Sancho and Bruno tearing everyone a new one next season

• @MUFC said in How to finish the season???:

@Ddr wait till we have rashford, Sancho and Bruno tearing everyone a new one next season

Firstly, why are you so confident that sancho will end up at united?

Secondly, even if he does it wont mean that you'll instantly turn into title contenders

And as for rashford, the only thing hes likely to tear is a hamstring

• @Ddr where do you propose he ends up, look at the figures involved, not many clubs can afford him. So one injury and suddenly he's injury prone. Clown

• @Ddr said in How to finish the season???

And as for rashford, the only thing hes likely to tear is a hamstring

I really don’t understand the Rashford hate, 18 goals and assists in 22 PL games, is 22 years old, English, surely this should make English people want him to do well but everyone always tries to put him down. Instead he gets called the next Danny Welbeck

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.