How to finish the season???

• @Black-wolf Don't forget Chelsea have signed Ziyech though, and already have Pulisic. So even if Pedro or Willian goes, they have plenty.
    Man U's current options are far fewer.

• When the season kicks on again it'll be the best BT or sky sports monthly package add on ever with the amount of games you'll get.

• @Black-wolf luke Shaw was a Chelsea fan, who does he play for, United are a far bigger pull than Chelsea, that's not even worth a debate. Chelsea won't spend their budget on one player either, he will be 100m plus and can't see him going back to city and I don't think Liverpool could afford him, their aren't many clubs who can chuck that money around

• @Black-wolf

'The 19-year old also he admitted he always used to admire the flair and skill of Brazil legend Ronaldinho.The England ace told The Independent: “Ronaldinho was the main guy I used to watch on YouTube.“But I liked Frank Lampard quite a lot and Didier Drogba when they were playing for Chelsea.'

^ Sancho's comments on Lampard, players sign for managers just as much as they do for clubs. Chelsea need at least 1 more winger that is a fact having 3 primary wingers going into next season is not enough. CHO is not the same player he was and while Lampard has said he will keep faith in him i can very much see Chelsea signing two wingers in the summer.

@MUFC Chelsea have a 150-200m transfer budget at the moment with the new loan requirements they will generate at least 100-200m from sales from the loan army (Pasalic has joined Atlanta on a permanent deal already for £12.5m), not to mention at least 50-100m from moving players on from the first team who are not good enough. The money is there for Chelsea to spend and based on every report they are looking for a statement signing. Nothing is more of a statement in this current market than Sancho.

• Interesting piece by Ian Holloway about when/if the season ends and he is quite right. Too many managers/coaches have been sacked, left their positions by mutual consent for the season not to finish properly. It wouldn't be right. The season has to be completed by hook or by crook and they need to make whatever arrangements/adjustments to make this happen.

• I really do think whoever gets CL out of the two will probably end up with Sancho, and right now I think United are definite favourites for that. Rashford and Pogba will both be back, favourable run in. Chelsea don't score enough goals IMO against the poor teams and their defence can be dodgy at times. Although saying all that I wouldn't be surprised if Leicester drop out

• I’m not ruling out liverpool for sancho.

Ideal replacement for mane or salah, if the pool want to be dominant in years to come he is the sort of player they should be getting.

• @dean73 said in How to finish the season???:

@Black-wolf Don't forget Chelsea have signed Ziyech though, and already have Pulisic. So even if Pedro or Willian goes, they have plenty.

Pulisic is a left winger and Ziyech is a central midfielder. If Willian and Pedro were to leave Chelsea they will only really have CHO as a right winger so i wouldnt say they have plenty id say they will definitely be in the market for a RW. Im not so RW is as big a priority for United as their fans think. Personally i think they need to be prioritising getting a big name striker and another CB.

• @Black-wolf Ziyech is mainly a RW these days, not a CM. Hasn't played CM for almost 3 years. Does play AM too but that ties in well with Chelsea's other players who mainly all rotate through LW, AM, RW.
    Their options to play out wide are greater than Man U's: Ziyech, Pulisic, Pedro, Willian and CHO.
    Although I see today that Pedro has said he's leaving and I guess Willian might too.

Still more 'real' choices than Man U who have James and possibly Greenwood although I'm sure we all agree he's better as a striker.
    On the left they have mixed and matched a few players in there, none of whom have been great or actually a winger. Martial the best of them perhaps but played more as a striker anyway.
    Their only real option was Alexis Sanchez and they didn't even want him at the club.

Sancho is equally adept at LW as he is on the right. Yes, he's played more RW this season but still has more games as a LW in his career. His stats also show he has more goals/assists per game as a LW than a RW, both for club and country, including this season.

I don't hold and I'd hate to see him in a Man U shirt but think it's far more likely than wearing the blue of Chelsea.

• @Black-wolf said in How to finish the season???:

@dean73 said in How to finish the season???:

@Black-wolf Don't forget Chelsea have signed Ziyech though, and already have Pulisic. So even if Pedro or Willian goes, they have plenty.

Pulisic is a left winger and Ziyech is a central midfielder. If Willian and Pedro were to leave Chelsea they will only really have CHO as a right winger so i wouldnt say they have plenty id say they will definitely be in the market for a RW. Im not so RW is as big a priority for United as their fans think. Personally i think they need to be prioritising getting a big name striker and another CB.

I think if United made Ighalo permanent they wouldn't buy another striker. They'd have Rashford, Ighalo, Martial and Greenwood who could all play there. Also at Swansea a lot of the time James was actually a LW, plays there for Wales too, it's only at United he's been forced to play there as there is nobody else. I think Rashford Martial Sancho, with James Ighalo and Greenwood as the back ups makes a lot of sense. I'm probably 70% sure he'd end up at United rather than Chelsea, and bookies odds seem to agree (not that they're very reliable!)

@Black-wolf Ziyech is mainly a RW these days, not a CM. Hasn't played CM for almost 3 years. Does play AM too but that ties in well with Chelsea's other players who mainly all rotate through LW, AM, RW.
    Their options to play out wide are greater than Man U's: Ziyech, Pulisic, Pedro, Willian and CHO.
    Although I see today that Pedro has said he's leaving and I guess Willian might too.

Still more 'real' choices than Man U who have James and possibly Greenwood although I'm sure we all agree he's better as a striker.
    On the left they have mixed and matched a few players in there, none of whom have been great or actually a winger. Martial the best of them perhaps but played more as a striker anyway.
    Their only real option was Alexis Sanchez and they didn't even want him at the club.

Sancho is equally adept at LW as he is on the right. Yes, he's played more RW this season but still has more games as a LW in his career. His stats also show he has more goals/assists per game as a LW than a RW, both for club and country, including this season.

I don't hold and I'd hate to see him in a Man U shirt but think it's far more likely than wearing the blue of Chelsea.

With wilian and pedro likely to leave they only have CHO for RW. You have named all players capable of wide positions when talking of Chelsea but limited it to RW for you United suggestions to fit your argument. If you were to have named all Uniteds options in the same way you would have

James
    Chong
    Greenwood
    Rashford
    Martial
    Pereira
    Lingard

Also Bruno and Pogba are capable of that role if needed so with all thinks considered i would definitely say United have more options, albeit some shitty options but still more than chelsea. Not sure where you are seeing Ziyech as only playing RW for the last three years looking at Ajax past formations and tactics he plays around half his games in CM

Im not saying your argument for him coming to United is wrong but I personally feel it’s unlikely. If he comes back to England i think Chelsea or Liverpool are far more likely. For some reason i also think Real Madrid might try snatch him up

Not sure where you are seeing Ziyech as only playing RW for the last three years looking at Ajax past formations and tactics he plays around half his games in CM

I didn't say only, I said mainly. Got stats from Transfermarkt...

@Black-wolf
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hakim-ziyech/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/217111/saison/ges/pos/7
    Last played CM in 2017.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hakim-ziyech/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/217111/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=12&trainer_id=
    20 games as a RW this season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hakim-ziyech/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/217111/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=10&trainer_id=
    13 as an AM

@Black-wolf said in How to finish the season???:

You have named all players capable of wide positions when talking of Chelsea but limited it to RW for you United suggestions to fit your argument.

No, I have named players who play a significant number of games out wide for Chelsea.
    You named Chong who isn't even Championship standard and then two players in Pereira and Lingard who play 80%+ of their games through the middle.
    Talk about scraping the barrel! If you are including those as options then Mason Mount is another one who can play wide for Chelsea.
    The other 3 you mention are strikers who could play wide. Compare that to Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, CHO and Ziyech who don't play as strikers at all. They all play in midfield and generally rotate through LW, RW, (and AM).

That leaves Man U with just James and the useless Alexis Sanchez as real options, doesn't it.

@dean73 said in How to finish the season???:

@Black-wolf Ziyech is mainly a RW these days, not a CM. Hasn't played CM for almost 3 years. Does play AM too but that ties in well with Chelsea's other players who mainly all rotate through LW, AM, RW.

With wilian and pedro likely to leave they only have CHO for RW. You have named all players capable of wide positions when talking of Chelsea but limited it to RW for you United suggestions to fit your argument. If you were to have named all Uniteds options in the same way you would have

James
    Chong
    Greenwood
    Rashford
    Martial
    Pereira
    Lingard

Also Bruno and Pogba are capable of that role if needed so with all thinks considered i would definitely say United have more options, albeit some shitty options but still more than chelsea. Not sure where you are seeing Ziyech as only playing RW for the last three years looking at Ajax past formations and tactics he plays around half his games in CM

Im not saying your argument for him coming to United is wrong but I personally feel it’s unlikely. If he comes back to England i think Chelsea or Liverpool are far more likely. For some reason i also think Real Madrid might try snatch him up

How could you forget diogo dalot off that list??????🤣

Not sure where you are seeing Ziyech as only playing RW for the last three years looking at Ajax past formations and tactics he plays around half his games in CM

I didn't say only, I said mainly. Got stats from Transfermarkt...

@Black-wolf
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hakim-ziyech/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/217111/saison/ges/pos/7
    Last played CM in 2017.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hakim-ziyech/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/217111/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=12&trainer_id=
    20 games as a RW this season

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hakim-ziyech/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/217111/plus/0?saison=2019&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=10&trainer_id=
    13 as an AM

You have named all players capable of wide positions when talking of Chelsea but limited it to RW for you United suggestions to fit your argument.

No, I have named players who play a significant number of games out wide for Chelsea.
    You named Chong who isn't even Championship standard and then two players in Pereira and Lingard who play 80%+ of their games through the middle.
    Talk about scraping the barrel! If you are including those as options then Mason Mount is another one who can play wide for Chelsea.
    The other 3 you mention are strikers who could play wide. Compare that to Pedro, Willian, Pulisic, CHO and Ziyech who don't play as strikers at all. They all play in midfield and generally rotate through LW, RW, (and AM).

That leaves Man U with just James and the useless Alexis Sanchez as real options, doesn't it.

I was using these as an example because of the way you structured your point. My original point was which team is more likely in the market for a RW and you listed every wide player for chelsea but only RW players for united and i was only highlighting it.

The facts are Chelsea have Pedro, Willian and CHO as RW players but are looking likely to lose Willian and Pedro

United have James and Greenwood in RW and arent likely to lose either and have apparently offered James an improved contract

Looking at both teams scenarios I believe Chelsea are more in the market for a high profile right winger this summer

You say i mentioned 3 that are strikers and could play out wide and id argue its the other way around with the exception of martial as id agree he is a striker primarily. Rashford is a left winger and Greenwood hasnt seemed to secure a role yet but looks more suited as a right winger than a striker. I assume thats the 3 you are talking about?

• @Black-wolf yes, the three strikers because that's primarily what they are.
    As for the Chelsea 5, they have played a combined 140 games between them this season and only one of those 140 was as a striker. Even without Pedro and Willian, you have 35 games at LW and 32 at RW for Pulisic, CHO and Ziyech combined. Willian may stay at Chelsea anyway, meaning even less of a need for Sancho. The delay over a new deal happened because he wanted a new 3yr contract but only a 2yr one was offered. Lampard says he wants him to stay, Willian hasn't said he is leaving.

you listed every wide player for chelsea but only RW players for united

Yes, because they don't have anyone who is primarily a LW (Alexis Sanchez but he's been shit for 2+ years).
    And if you read what I wrote, and you will see that I've not edited it, I did cover the LW position:

As I stated before, Sancho is just as good playing LW as he is RW and in fact has more games on the left than the right in his career to date and been more productive playing LW too. He could easily slot into the LW position at Man U, or he could play RW and move James to LW.

I guess we'll have to disagree on this one.

• @dean73 no i see your point i just disagree on some areas. For example Rashford has LW locked down for United and is no way a striker. Since playing on the wing he has found fantastic form and is always awful when used as a striker.

The way i see it is martial is united’s only striker(i know he wasn’t primarily a striker but he has become that for United) apart from Ighalo and for that reason i feel they need a proper striker more than any other position.

I personally watch a lot of Dortmund and havent seen Sancho play in LW that i can recall he seems pretty limited to the RW and occasionally AM.

@dean73 no i see your point i just disagree on some areas. For example Rashford has LW locked down for United and is no way a striker. Since playing on the wing he has found fantastic form and is always awful when used as a striker.

The way i see it is martial is united’s only striker(i know he wasn’t primarily a striker but he has become that for United) apart from Ighalo and for that reason i feel they need a proper striker more than any other position.

I personally watch a lot of Dortmund and havent seen Sancho play in LW that i can recall he seems pretty limited to the RW and occasionally AM.

This is true, no way LW is up for grabs for United. Rashford is United's top scorer this season and he's been injured for 2 months of it. What I would say though is say Chelsea have a pot of £200 million, Sancho will cost maybe £110 mill, Ziyech cost about £35mill are Chelsea going to spend 75% of their budget on wingers when they need a Striker, Left Back, a centre back and potentially a goalkeeper too. Chelsea's team has a few holes and I can't see them spending that much of their budget on one type of position

• @ChazFI123 said in How to finish the season???:

@dean73 no i see your point i just disagree on some areas. For example Rashford has LW locked down for United and is no way a striker. Since playing on the wing he has found fantastic form and is always awful when used as a striker.

This is true, no way LW is up for grabs for United. Rashford is United's top scorer this season and he's been injured for 2 months of it. What I would say though is say Chelsea have a pot of £200 million, Sancho will cost maybe £110 mill, Ziyech cost about £35mill are Chelsea going to spend 75% of their budget on wingers when they need a Striker, Left Back, a centre back and potentially a goalkeeper too. Chelsea's team has a few holes and I can't see them spending that much of their budget on one type of position

Yeah but the way United have went about transfers lately i dont think they will be willing to pay Sancho’s price tag either when they have more need in other areas. If they sell Pogba then i can maybe see it as more likely but in my opinion Sancho to United is not happening

@ChazFI123 said in How to finish the season???:

Yeah but the way United have went about transfers lately i dont think they will be willing to pay Sancho’s price tag either when they have more need in other areas. If they sell Pogba then i can maybe see it as more likely but in my opinion Sancho to United is not happening

So United will happily spend £80 million on what a lot of people consider an average English centre back, but you don't think they'd spend the extra £20/30 million to sign what could be England's player of a generation?

People say United need a centre back but they've kept the second most clean sheets in Europe, that defence is starting to gel. They've had Tuanzebe and Bailly out for most of the season too so that's 2 more players that could potentially start.

I would just be surprised if United get priced out of a move for him, the deal may take a while to get struck, but United very rarely walk away from a deal because it's too much money. They paid £90 million for Lukaku, there's no way they wouldn't pay for Sancho IMO

• The longer this pandemic goes on, the more likely he is to stay at dortmund past the summer imo

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.