It’s all becoming clear....

• As I suspected after the first announcement for double dividends; Football Index are essentially worried about and only really placating those with huge funds tied up in the index. As let’s be honest, if those people pulled out then FI would collapse or certainly be hanging by a shoe string.

That announcement and today’s announcement hasn’t really done much to change that stance. I get that it’s difficult and hard to find something to help the whole market and every trader but if you can’t then don’t do anything that effectively helps one over the other. Freeze it if need be. Even though I get it, as mentioned above ;).

And no the usual suspects don’t need to reply about how I should have reacted and put my money into MB stars as that was pretty impossible with my money tied up and spreads then made huge.

Market sell is out of the equation as nobody is buying anyone who’s not a top MB star and Instant Sell, even at a huge loss has been disabled. So I may have to sit pretty for now and withdraw everything when able to!!

Those clever dicks and sarcastic idiots need not reply to this.

It is a shame though as I ‘was’ really enjoying it until I had my hands tied and was forced to watch on as the big traders were served caviar.

• worst comes to the worst at least you can eat that massive chip on ur shoulder

• @Erased-Citizen said in It’s all becoming clear....:

As I suspected after the first announcement for double dividends; Football Index are essentially worried about and only really placating those with huge funds tied up in the index. As let’s be honest, if those people pulled out then FI would collapse or certainly be hanging by a shoe string.

That announcement and today’s announcement hasn’t really done much to change that stance. I get that it’s difficult and hard to find something to help the whole market and every trader but if you can’t then don’t do anything that effectively helps one over the other. Freeze it if need be. Even though I get it, as mentioned above ;).

And no the usual suspects don’t need to reply about how I should have reacted and put my money into MB stars as that was pretty impossible with my money tied up and spreads then made huge.

Market sell is out of the equation as nobody is buying anyone who’s not a top MB star and Instant Sell, even at a huge loss has been disabled. So I may have to sit pretty for now and withdraw everything when able to!!

Those clever dicks and sarcastic idiots need not reply to this.

It is a shame though as I ‘was’ really enjoying it until I had my hands tied and was forced to watch on as the big traders were served caviar.

0_1585076459748_cool-story-bro-4.jpg

• @Erased-Citizen

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Now promptly give yourself a shake.

• @Erased-Citizen good god man get a grip; it’s a gambling platform if you had money in bet365 you’d now be forced to betting on the Estonian league or Tunisian snake racing!

You sound like a bloke that came here thinking it was a get rich quick investment scheme with zero risk; best you just withdraw and leave as you constant shite is frankly boring.

• @Erased-Citizen to be honest with you i have an MB portfolio and ive tried to market sell a portion of each hold to get on the PB players that have dropped and after a week in the sell queue i wasnt able to shift any. I reckon in the current market it is actually easier to sell some of the cheaper players than it is the premium ones because the the dividends being won and reinvested are most likely being used to buy up players at the bottom of a dip. Going by the ticker activity this is what most are doing

• Thanks for those replies and providing a prime example of what we’ve become as humans. I’m humbled.

Knew I shouldn’t have bothered. My mistake.

Enjoy!

So when this is all over and they narrow the spreads you’ll withdraw and leave the platform then??
    Somehow I have the feeling once this is over and Media no longer rules the index, you’ll realise that FI have been protecting your portfolio with the large spreads and you’ll coincidentally decide to stick around.

Thanks for those replies and providing a prime example of what we’ve become as human. I’m humbled.

Knew I shouldn’t have bothered. My mistake.

Enjoy!

I accept that you, along with others, are underwhelmed by todays announcement, but please appreciate that the long term stability and success of our platform will be built on rational and logical decision making over the coming months.

The goal posts are being moved by the government on a daily basis, for good reason, and due to this, the index should always be taking the safest option.

I would have actually been more concerned if the index had offered a ludicrously generous bonus or incentive, given the current global crisis. It would stink of desperation.

For those in my (our) position, with no media players, please accept that the next few months will be uneventful, but take comfort in the knowledge that your portfolio will likely be in a far healthier position in 6-12 months time.

For those with media players, congratulations. Be thankful that there is still an opportunity to make money on the platform inspite of world events. Reinvest those dividends and keep the market ticking.

I have no doubt that there will be further incentives over the coming months but for anyone that expected todays announcement to reinvigorate the market, they need to give themselves a shake.

It was only 23 hours ago that our Prime Minister placed this country on a war footing against the coronavirus and imposed a lockdown on all citizens.

Onward and upwards ... it will happen eventually, just show some patience.

• @johnboywalker unfortunately we arent in an actual lockdown like we should be i think that will still come as people are too confused by the advice given. There’s absolutely nothing in place to stop anyone getting in their car to leave a hot spot and relocating on the other side of the country. All they have done is shut a handful of businesses and given the police more authority over gatherings 🙁

• @Sav2000 said in It’s all becoming clear....:

good god man get a grip; it’s a gambling platform if you had money in bet365 you’d now be forced to bet on the Estonian league or Tunisian snake racing!

I'm not agreeing with the OP, especially not the way he has worded it, but if you had money in your bet365 account you could just withdraw it, nothing's forcing you to bet on anything.
    Of course, if you had money tied up in a bet then you would have to await the outcome but the beauty of FI is that you have always had the option to cash in. Up until now.
    The current situation is highly frustrating but is probably the best they could have done with regards to widening those spreads and then disabling IS.

• @Black-wolf said in It’s all becoming clear....:

@johnboywalker unfortunately we arent in an actual lockdown like we should be i think that will still come as people are too confused by the advice given. There’s absolutely nothing in place to stop anyone getting in their car to leave a hot spot and relocating on the other side of the country. All they have done is shut a handful of businesses and given the police more authority over gatherings 🙁

The government are taking baby steps with the general public. All of which I fully support.

If they had acted like the Chinese government by imposing an immediate lockdown and martial law, it would have caused wide scale panic and disorder for UK Police forces that are already stretched to breaking point.

In our liberal society, we are being given the chance to show that we can/cannot behave responsibly and follow instruction without it requiring to be forced upon us ...

Everybody knows the minority will fuck it up for the majority by not following the 'rules'. Regardless, this is the process that must be followed in order for such radical change to be implemented and accepted.

Within the next 7 days, the government will impose further sanctions/restrictions which will impact us more greatly.

The ultimate purpose/aim of any government instruction is to limit the strain on the NHS and save lives.

They want to play this out over a prolonged period by turning spikes into curves and avoiding preventable deaths.

I know the rules/guidance from the government are not crystal clear at the minute. I am confident they will clarify and amend the guidance if/when necessary.

Over time, this will become our 'norm' and we will adapt and overcome. 👍

• @johnboywalker yeah you are right i just worry we are making the same mistakes as italy. They announced a lockdown, people fled before the lockdown and spread the virus far and wide. Now we haven’t announced a lockdown so people havent panic and fled before it was imposed but all the same, people are still moving back and forth over great distances and meeting at others via large work places and then commuting home. It will still spread very easily under the current guidelines. They say no gatherings of more than 2 people but people are working in factories amongst 1000’s sharing restrooms and work spaces. I tend to over analyse things but but i cant find the logic in this method of containment

• another one threatening taking money out, just do it quietly.
    the bookies have tonnes of people saying they wont come back but ther all over the highstreet and ther always full

• @Daniel well said 👋👋

• @Erased-Citizen

Look at it a different way.

Right now, your players aren't growing but when football resumes, the focus will switch from MB... so the players who aren't benefitting now, will be the ones benefitting then... You're in super early compared to those who will be selling MB players to buy PB players in a few months.

So just relax, take your players out of the sell queue, and enjoy the growth that hopefully is coming your way. The reward for being patient.

• @Dan-The-Man 👍👍

• @Dan-The-Man yeh 100% anyone who hasn't been hit by the economic crisis severely (like lost a job) is in a very good position on FI... Whoever you buy atm... Either instant glory on MB players... Or pick up the rest of the market at absolute bargain prices... With an exceptional 8.25% cash back!!

I know some need money out or can't put back in... But that's cos of external factor... A pretty unique one at that... Not in FIs control.

Youth or pb... Look at prices now and again in a year... My God what an opportunity... And people are crying in their soup!!

• @Vespasian32 I'm trying to find any source of extra money I can to potentially throw into FI, I've got all my divs from this period sat there so I'm hoping to maybe sink another 25% of my port value into FI straight into PB players. May take 6 months for PB football to be back again but I'd have to put my money away for at least a year anyway at the bank for a far worse interest rate

• @Dan-The-Man you're not Danny Mills are you? I remember you posted your Euro's squad and it included Kalvin Phillips and Ben White, and then he posted his squad on Sky Sports and it included both of them, only person I've seen say it hahah

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.