3 year Share limit

• What are people doing about the 3 yr share ownership limit? Are you selling and then rebuying? How do you know who to sell, how many and when?

• I doubt whether they are imposing that rule at the moment given that you are unable to IS (Even if you wanted to lose 40%)
    and Market selling is futile.

has anyone heard of any incidents yet where traders have fallen foul of this rule?

• I've had martin hinteregger in the sell queue since 1973 and he still hasnt expired

• @Advinculas-Index “IS”?

• @NewUser63709 Instant Sell

• So is the view that this rule is not going to be imposed at all or simply not at the moment. If it does come back in the future, has anyone taken action on this and if so what did you do.

• @NewUser63709 said in 3 year Share limit:

What are people doing about the 3 yr share ownership limit? Are you selling and then rebuying? How do you know who to sell, how many and when?

My understanding is that when NASDAQ comes on board (to provide step change improvements in IT systems) & order books are instigated that the current 3 year rule will be reviewed & made clear. It will be fairly simple to "bed & breakfast" any holdings (ie sell and then rebuy to renew for another 3 years) but clearly users need to know which players & how many futures are coming up to expiry to be able to do it in the most efficient way & this information should be available once the improved IT systems are up & running.

Personally I'm coming up to 2 years so have a comfortable buffer until it becomes important for me but as a rough rule of thumb you can rank your portfolio by "latest purchase" & obviously rank them in reverse order of age but it get's more complicated when you have multiple purchases in any player. I do seem to recall they announced a 1 year extension to make it 4 not 3 years a while ago but don't recall the exact details, sorry.