Kingsley Coman : Midfielder to Forward
    Joshua Kimmich : Defender to Midfielder
    Timothy Chandler : Defender to Midfielder
    Robert Skov : Forward to Midfielder
    Jonas Hector : Defender toMidfielder
    Javi Martinez : Midfielder to Defender
    Mark Uth : Forward To Midfielder

These look more like proper changes, no international flags etc

But you never know...they may swap again.

• Was actually thinking maybe now is a good time to sort the issue around player positions as well as sorting other well known issues out. Maybe the break in football is a good thing from this perspective.

• This makes Timothy Chandler one of the most pointless holds now. Fair as he is playing in midfield, but him and Uth seem to suffer the most from this.

Had a dream that I met Bobby Skov last night--I have some serious trading withdrawal symptoms

• Skov an interesting one as i think records show mainly playing LWB...some wing backs are midfielders some defenders, lottery.

• Yeh these could be legit. Always going to be a question mark... This time no one can really react and sell so if it is legit its a good time to do it.

Good for Gnabry and Davies. Bad for all the others I guess.

• Trying to think if this week was going to be International friendlies and Euro qualifiers? πŸ€” I think it was...

There's no international clubs listed against the players but this could be a mistake again. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

• @Vespasian32 said in Opta position changes 25.3.20:

Yeh these could be legit. Always going to be a question mark... This time no one can really react and sell so if it is legit its a good time to do it.

Why would it be good for gnabry and bad for coman when why've both changed from.mid fo fwd?

• This post is deleted!

Trying to think if this week was going to be International friendlies and Euro qualifiers? πŸ€” I think it was...

There's no international clubs listed against the players but this could be a mistake again. πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Yes it would've been international friendlies tomorrow and friday (was due to be eng v ita)

• @Vespasian32 huge for Gnabry. For me he is now a top 5 forward behind only messi and neymar and on par with guys like Dybala and Depay. 2 years younger than both though and in a far more dominant team than Depay. Also he hasnt got CR7 for competition every week. And time Lewa doesnt get a hat trick Gnabry is gonna be Bayerns top FWD

• @Ddr said in Opta position changes 25.3.20:

@Vespasian32 said in Opta position changes 25.3.20:

Yeh these could be legit. Always going to be a question mark... This time no one can really react and sell so if it is legit its a good time to do it.

Why would it be good for gnabry and bad for coman when why've both changed from.mid fo fwd?

Sorry missed Coman... Correct good for him too πŸ‘

• @Harford-is-God but they both had the same change from mid to fwd so then both would have less competition for PB.

Guess you realised this as you deleted your comment lol

• @Ddr said in Opta position changes 25.3.20:

Trying to think if this week was going to be International friendlies and Euro qualifiers? πŸ€” I think it was...

Yes it would've been international friendlies tomorrow and friday (was due to be eng v ita)

OK I'm fairly sure it's another fuck up then. Too much of a coincidence to make the change on International week.

• @Ddr Sleepy read and response, was going to edit, then decided to quit while ahead....

• It’s so annoying πŸ˜‚ I’d be all over Gnabry as a forward but no way I’m falling for this again πŸ˜‚

• To keep it simple FI should use the Opta positional status at the start of the season and fix it for the entire season, subject to any transfers to a new team when that could be reviewed. Position may be different for their national side, but again fixed from start of season.
    At least everyone knows where they stand and the risk of change is limited to twice over the three year bet.
    Is that too simple? Am I being daft?

@Ddr said in Opta position changes 25.3.20:

OK I'm fairly sure it's another fuck up then. Too much of a coincidence to make the change on International week.

Whilst I'm inclined to agree that it's probably another error I'm not 100% sure.

The reasons I have some doubt is because I've checked and couldn't see a game scheduled for Morocco, so why would hakimi have changed? Has mark uth ever been called up to the germany squad let alone capped? Same goes for Chandler, is he an jnternational(haven't checked)?

Although not red flags like the last time with clubs changing to country on their profile, something just doesn't seem to add up

On a side note, the BBC website actually shows a fair few number of international friendlies with a kick off time rather than being postponed......I wonder if some games are still going ahead? I read yesterday that the belarusian league is still being played atm....

• @Harford-is-God said in Opta position changes 25.3.20:

@Ddr Sleepy read and response, was going to edit, then decided to quit while ahead....

Lol

• @Ddr yeh Uth has been called up to the Senior team before, not sure if he played... Hes certainly played at all the youth levels... So i expect has an international opta profile.

Chandler plays for USA

With respect to Morocco... I doubt it matters if the teams are playing... If Opta just switch the profiles from club to int... I doubt they bother only doing it for the games being played?? (complete guess)

My biggest doubt was Davies... He joined Bayern as a winger/fwd and has filled in as an auxiliary left back due to injuries to start with... So I'm a little surprised if he's listed as a left back for Canada

I'm like 55/45 this is a mistake... Not sure by any means πŸ˜‚

@Ddr said in Opta position changes 25.3.20:

I'm getting an admiral ackbar moment in my head surrounding this

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.