Trading Bonus

• Anyone else receive the email today resetting the trading bonus from Monday past ? I was in negative net buys so they obviously are monitoring things.

• Yeah I got it as well. I havn't invested and have a large balance. I'm afraid it's still not enough to tempt me in but perhaps some people will.

• @Ben_pz said in Trading Bonus:

Yeah I got it as well. I havn't invested and have a large balance. I'm afraid it's still not enough to tempt me in but perhaps some people will.

Me neither but nice to be offered.

• Yes, i think you qualify if negative net buys from the original start of the promotion. Given the reset I will probably Chuck half in on a few players I've been watching and then save half for a future event. Too many evolving factors at present to go all in.

• @Woody As things are everything is a little too uncertain. Managed to build a 7k balance and it's nice to know and can take that off if things turn (even more) sour.

If events change and we get some more positive news it's good to know that I can get the bonus and I could well sink some money in.

@Woody As things are the everything is a little too uncertain. Managed to build a 7k balance and it's nice to know and can take that off if things turn (even more) sour.

If events change and we get some more positive news it's good to know that I can get the bonus and I could well sink some money in.

I’ve managed to MS a few of my holds and withdrew what I need just now. I’m hoping there’s some government announcement tomorrow for the self employed and then I’ll know where I stand.

• I’ve got it too, I’ve got a decent cash amount in my account and I’m probably going to deposit more into it, Atleast this gives me a bit longer to find the cash!

• @Woody Yeah i hope they come up with a good solution for you. I have a lot of friends that are freelance/self employed.

I'm in hospitality so on the 80% salary. Not completely ideal (as lose another third from service charge) but have been able to relax knowing I can at least pay the rent with my wage.

• I received it too but in all honesty I’m going to wait until 22nd/23rd April and see how the situation is then. Just to be on the safe side.

@Woody Yeah i hope they come up with a good solution for you. I have a lot of friends that are freelance/self employed.

I'm in hospitality so on the 80% salary. Not completely ideal (as lose another third from service charge) but have been able to relax knowing I can at least pay the rent.

It’s strange times indeed just got to keep the faith👍

• @Woody Yeah I got it. Not tempting me back though simply for the reason I don’t see football until the autumn.

• I got the email too and would love to sink some money into it as there are some real bargains about at the moment, those that are patient will be rewarded.

However, I work in Aviation and I need every penny I can at the moment because it’s going to be a very ‘turbulent’ few months with countries borders shut etc.

• It's sounds like it's not going to convince many who have been offered it to invest. `If people hadn't invested for the bonus by now then they probably have their reasons.

• Got the email as well today.
    Turbulent times mean I just don't want to plough any money in simple as that and resetting the trading bonus does not change things for me anyway.

• @Ben_pz FOOTIE up a decent amount so I guess some has.

At the end of the day if people are lucky enough to have the money and not have the worry about losing job etc then they’ll put in more; fair play to those that can afford it and I hope those that can’t come through the next few months ok.

• @Sav2000 said in Trading Bonus:

@Ben_pz FOOTIE up a decent amount so I guess some has.

At the end of the day if people are lucky enough to have the money and not have the worry about losing job etc then they’ll put in more; fair play to those that can afford it and I hope those that can’t come through the next few months ok.

I am one of the lucky ones. Still not investing more at the moment though. If and when spreads are reduced, I expect a big drop in the market. No football will be played for at least 6 months and I am still not sure if the reality has hit for many.

• I'm guessing I won't get that email as I have stupidly put a few grand in a little while back! What a dipstick.

• Got a good cash balance but not tempted at the moment especially as the 8.25% runs until the 23rd of April so much can happen in the next 4 weeks so I’ll sit tight and observe but will probably whack it all back in but definitely will be closer to the end of the bonus period

• @Hotspur said in Trading Bonus:

@Sav2000 said in Trading Bonus:

@Ben_pz FOOTIE up a decent amount so I guess some has.

I am one of the lucky ones. Still not investing more at the moment though. If and when spreads are reduced, I expect a big drop in the market. No football will be played for at least 6 months and I am still not sure if the reality has hit for many.

Exactly this. I could leave my funds in but I’ve everybody in the queue. My port has been chopped from 25 to 13 players.
    We have a real life emergency and FI have IS on lockdown. An investment now is a huge act of faith and a long term one at that.

• I received the email yesterday as I have a good cash balance . But just too nervous to invest even with the 8.25% offered. At some stage they have to reduce the spread and enable IS . My concern at that point is the collapse of the platform with many having built debt in the current climate desperate to get some money back out . Also the fact that if I invest now and it is tempting with some very low quality PB players I know that my money is locked in for the foreseeable future. There is zero escape .
    I will wait until the spreads close and IS returns and invest when the market bottoms out. I still think we are some way from the bottom .
    I have tremendous faith in the long term future of the index but at the moment I’m happier with the money in my bank .

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.