is this the bottom of the market now? or do we anticipate another drop?

• last day or two there seems to have been a lot of money in the market and more risers than fallers, just look how much money went into sancho.

therefore is this the bottom of the market, or if the virus keeps getting worse etc will there be another drop?

curious to know opinions

• @dp01 be another dip when spreads go back to normal I suspect.

• No one knows.

If the virus carries on and people are still unable to work then it increases the chance people will take the instant sell prices on offer as they will need the money to survive.

When spreads go back to normal if people need the money there could be a massive run on IS.

I personally suspect this is not the bottom, but that does not matter. I'd rather look at it like this instead of trying to time the bottom because that is impossible, do the prices on offer currently offer 'value' if the answer is yes i will continue to buy bottom or not.

• There is always the bottom of the market somewhere. Some real gems of prices about at the minute. Starting to get geared up for next season and pb players now. Also, I can see alot of cap app to be made on some transfer spec players still.🤞

• To be honest I wouldn't be that concerned about whether there is going to be another drop, yes it would be nice to get on at the lowest possible price but there's so much value out there already, I'm personally happy to take the value there is now as I plan on holding long term so whether players drop another 5% I'd rather buy early, than it go the other way. If you think the player represents value then invest

• @dp01 said in is this the bottom of the market now? or do we anticipate another drop?:

last day or two there seems to have been a lot of money in the market and more risers than fallers, just look how much money went into sancho.

therefore is this the bottom of the market, or if the virus keeps getting worse etc will there be another drop?

curious to know opinions

@dp01

Spreads will not return to normal until the world returns to normal.

I would expect a few more dips over the coming weeks as the true impact of the coronavirus is felt on our shores.

At present, I have invested new money in the platform because I believe the spreads will remain in place to prevent mass instant selling.

If the spreads return to normal, I will instant sell, take a small financial hit and leave the platform temporarily.

Not because I do not trust in the future of the platform, but because I don't want to get trampled in a stampede of instant sellers rushing for the exit.

If you do not believe this will happen. Just look at the toilet roll situation at your local supermarket!? Panic causes irrational and irresponsible behaviour. The 'every man for themselves' ideology will be in full effect.

Those continually pushing for the spreads to be shortened are promoting a self serving agenda and failing to see the big picture.

If those under the protection of the current spreads are given the chance to jump ship, they will.

And it with it, hundreds of thousands of pounds will be removed from the platform.

If that happens, everyone loses out.

• @johnboywalker even if people don’t IS to leave they will IS non MB and some top end PB players to get on the current gravy FOMO train; I could see the bottom end taking a massive hit if they shortened the spreads before football returns

• This post is deleted!

• Yeah until there is a confirmed start date for Football again they wont relax the spreads. Be mad to do before and will undo everything they set out to achieve in the first place. So the surge in there being a start date will be offset by the glee in an increase of IS.

When the Double divs ends then there may be a slight dip.

• @Ericali fill the forum in I’m sure many will be interested 👍

• We usually see dips post bonus periods. As its a double divs bonus id imagine some of the big mb boys might reduce (only divs available).
    Then whole market will be open to reductions after the 8% goes...but again unless spreads are released the prices going down will be just from market listing.

The dividends are going from 10, 6, 2 (18p) til 3rd april to 53111 (11p) the 8.25% goes through the transition til 23rd April...

I think we may see a dip post 23rd april...unless FI have something up their sleeves.

As a divs chaser, I am winning most days with usually 2 out of the 3 mb winners, lots of the time all 3...the double divs is great...the top 5 i guess il still be winning 4/5 places most days, but payout will be significantly lower, so i have to decide to try and sell some mb holds whilst peaking, or just hold as some divs are better than no divs. But there will be less patient holders.

I bet FI have something planned. I'd like one of the long raffles where you buy £10 a day to get a ticket in- think its cheaper for them than a bonus?...prolonged period of buying in small amounts, with lots of prizes for motivation.

• @johnboywalker said in is this the bottom of the market now? or do we anticipate another drop?:

@dp01 said in is this the bottom of the market now? or do we anticipate another drop?:

last day or two there seems to have been a lot of money in the market and more risers than fallers, just look how much money went into sancho.

curious to know opinions

@dp01

Spreads will not return to normal until the world returns to normal.

I would expect a few more dips over the coming weeks as the true impact of the coronavirus is felt on our shores.

At present, I have invested new money in the platform because I believe the spreads will remain in place to prevent mass instant selling.

If the spreads return to normal, I will instant sell, take a small financial hit and leave the platform temporarily.

Not because I do not trust in the future of the platform, but because I don't want to get trampled in a stampede of instant sellers rushing for the exit.

If you do not believe this will happen. Just look at the toilet roll situation at your local supermarket!? Panic causes irrational and irresponsible behaviour. The 'every man for themselves' ideology will be in full effect.

Those continually pushing for the spreads to be shortened are promoting a self serving agenda and failing to see the big picture.

If those under the protection of the current spreads are given the chance to jump ship, they will.

And it with it, hundreds of thousands of pounds will be removed from the platform.

If that happens, everyone loses out.

Hi Johny. Still talking sense as always i see ;) Valhalla here. I'm on my friends account.
    Having been out now since last October. It's good check back in and see FI is in surprisingly good health, particularly compared to the stock market. There is certainly a lot of opportunity for ppl like me to get back in. A lot of ppl will be watching closely. Waiting. When there is a sniff of recovery, and football is to be resumed, the platform will go banana's. As someone else said, "the world is football crazy. Football hasn't died". Football will resume eventually and the platform will flourish again. It may not be for a few months yet, but it will eventually. This is a bit like like nuclear winter...everything looks dead, but its not. Below the ground the seedlings of recovery are starting to germinate.