Straw poll

• Off topic.

I may have cracked or fractured a bone in my hand yesterday. Its bruised, swollen and a bit painful this morning.

Do I risk going to hospital to have it checked? (Considering there have been 6 covid 19 related deaths at my local hospital and I live with a vulnerable person)

• No. Sounds like you've been overusing your hands a bit though πŸ˜‰

• @Hotspur said in Straw poll:

No. Sounds like you've been overusing your hands a bit though πŸ˜‰

Funnily enough I did do it whilst I was tugging on something lol

Did it whilst pulling out a bramble root, the root snapped and i smashed my hand into the edge of a shovel.

• i would try and deal with any pain without going but call 111 not 999 of course to get info

• @Ddr fractured bones can heal naturally so I wouldn't waste the NHS' time. Strap it up yourself (for support) & avoid using it.

Drink a bit more milk & sleep a lot (helps to repair bones) & bite down on that gumshield & man up a bit. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• They don't do much for a hand or finger, theyl just strap it and tell you to rest it.

But if it's on a joint that might need xray as any floating fragments could do severe ligament damage.

• @Ericali said in Straw poll:

@Ddr fractured bones can heal naturally so I wouldn't waste the NHS' time. Strap it up yourself (for support) & avoid using it.

Drink a bit more milk & sleep a lot (helps to repair bones) & bite down on that gumshield & man up a bit. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

Yeah I know itll heal naturally, but sometimes it can cause issues later on if they dont set properly.

I used to be in st john ambulance so have put a cold compress on it to try and take swelling down a bit and will put it in a sling to immobilise it

Already tend to drink a pint of milk a day anyway so it's just gonna be resting and sitting around being even more bored.

Like I said the pains not too bad, but worst case scenario if it does get worse then ive got some liquid morphine here......so dont be surprised if I start ranting and talking shiiiite a bit more than usual πŸ˜‹

Oh and thanks for your concern btw 😘

• @Ddr .....so dont be surprised if I start ranting and talking shiiiite a bit more than usual πŸ˜‹

^^^
    Not possible. 😐

• @Ericali said in Straw poll:

@Ddr .....so dont be surprised if I start ranting and talking shiiiite a bit more than usual πŸ˜‹

^^^
    Not possible. 😐

Challenge accepted lol

• @Westy said in Straw poll:

They don't do much for a hand or finger, theyl just strap it and tell you to rest it.

But if it's on a joint that might need xray as any floating fragments could do severe ligament damage.

Yeah it's a metacarpal bone that's affected so knew they wouldnt put it in a cast.

Trying to reduce the swelling a bit then I'll strap it and put it in a sling and see how it feels over the next few days

• @Ddr as someone who has broken various bones in my hands and fingers i can confirm they dont do much for them unless its really bad and they need to manipulate the bones but you would know if this was the case. If you think its minor just try and use some kind of strapping and support to keep the fingers straight

• @Black-wolf said in Straw poll:

@Ddr as someone who has broken various bones in my hands and fingers i can confirm they dont do much for them unless its really bad and they need to manipulate the bones but you would know if this was the case. If you think its minor just try and use some kind of strapping and support to keep the fingers straight

Yeah I know it's not properly broken as I can still make a fist without too much pain which is why I think it's just cracked and not too serious,

Positive side is at least I did it whilst in lockdown so I dont have to take time off work because of it. Negative side, all the DIY jobs I'd planned to do during lockdown will now have to wait (orbis that also a positive lol)

• Take care buddy. Rest up. If there's some tugging need doing. Get some professional help.

• @Dalian-Smith said in Straw poll:

Take care buddy. Rest up. If there's some tugging need doing. Get some professional help.

Professional help in some tugging......do you reckon they're still doing home visits atm??? πŸ˜‰πŸ€£πŸ€£

• @Ddr Word is there's quite a volunteer 'Relief' effort at the moment. You shouldn't be short of help. Just be sure to follow government advice and yas all wash your hands afterwards. Stay safe. Take careπŸ‘

• @Ddr just take a bottle of milk every 2-3 hours and make sure you change your nappy when you do a poo.