Spread jump???

• Hi I've just noticed the huge increase in the spread between buying and selling values. What has triggered this?

Ultimately its kind of resulted in my realised portfolio value halving in value.
    Trying to understand why this has happened?

• @NewUser735 said in Spread jump???:

Hi I've just noticed the huge increase in the spread between buying and selling values. What has triggered this?

Ultimately its kind of resulted in my realised portfolio value halving in value.

It happened a couple of weeks ago to protect players prices as there was mass panic and instant selling as the outbreak worsened

• @Ddr

So this should only be a temporary measure than right?

Thanks for confirming, i just noticed it and was getting to the stage of pulling whats left of my hair out

@Ddr

So this should only be a temporary measure than right?

Thanks for confirming, i just noticed it and was getting to the stage of pulling whats left of my hair out

It may be temporary, but I dont see them being reduced anytime soon. By that I mean that they'll likely stay like this until we know when we're likely to get football being played again

Alternatively, they may not reduce the spreads and use this opportunity to introduce order books

Hi I've just noticed the huge increase in the spread between buying and selling values. What has triggered this?

DM me & I'll exp...

Nah, I won't 😂

• this is definitely a good thing. it doesnt half your porfolio value unless you instant sell which in my opinion only makes sense if you are broke. if they hadnt done these huge spreads hundreds of thousand of pounds would have left the index 2 weeks go and all of our money would probably have been lost. i watched the ticker during that time and it couldnt keep up. first they shut off instant sell for most of every hour leaving it open for 5 minutes and then they increased the spreads thanfully. this protects our money and i hope they stay on for a very long time ( after corona virus passes) and then increase the sell value slowly to decrease stability