PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul

• I think they will finish it, this seems far more plausible then April 30th.

• the covid numbers are decreasing nicely now, hopefully things will start getting back to normal in 2-3weeks. if these tests start showing more immunity than expected maybe they can even fill half stadiums

• @kaka8 Oh no you’ve just jinxed it now! I don’t think you can rely on such a small sample number of days to say it’s all going to be fine soon. Without a vaccine there’s no guarantee this will end before that.

Apparently there’s going to be more deaths counted soon due to a lag in data being released. I’m really hoping though like we all are it gets sorted sometime soon. I can’t see international travel opening up for quite some time though as there are countries way out of control in Europe at the moment so that’ll perhaps make the UCL and Europa leagues more difficult to finish.

• @kaka8 seriously? One day drop and suddenly in 2-3 weeks we are going to be playing in half filled stadium, they aren't even considering until April 30th which won't happen. Honestly some people 🤦

• @MUFC 30th April, with all our fingers crossed, might mean the peak has passed and some light begins to show at the end of the tunnel. Still can't see how football (behind closed doors for certain) could commence before mid June but even then that would be national level only. Think the European competitions will be scrapped, can't imagine borders being open for travel in the foreseeable.

Edit : That applies to PL only , can't see how the EFL will finish....

• @Harford-is-God how could you finish the prem but not other leagues regarding relegation and promotion?if 3 from prem go down who comes up?and so on. I will be amazed if we try and finish this season, I truly believe if it wasn't for the scousers then it would be, I think the distance that they are clear leaves them in a situation where they clearly are going to win it but it can't be gifted, either way I think their league title will be tarnished because of the virus

• @TeamGB fuck sake this is twice theyve buggered up data

• @MUFC youre an emotional gem arnt you, ...all based around your anti-liverpool anger

• @kaka8 no just people spouting nonsense,like we will be getting back to normal in 2 to 3 weeks....on what planet do you live on

• @kaka8 what ?

your numbers are sadly very wrong mate

My local crematorium has just turned its car park that has about 150 spaces into a temporary mortuary. I hope its never used.

• @kaka8 no

they were using 5pm to 5pm data to fit with press conferences but switched to actual daily data...midnight to midnight

tbh does the data matter ?

we all know its sadly hundreds of people.

• @Munchie63 said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

@kaka8 no

they were using 5pm to 5pm data to fit with press conferences but switched to actual daily data...midnight to midnight

Eh, it was at 9am according to dashboard. Honestly the method doesn't really matter. Everyone knows its not going to be perfect, what matters is they use consistent methodology and stick to it.

Still struggling to understand.

The contagion rate is 2.5 ish. Once it gets below 1.0 then new cases should drop. If it gets to 0.5 it should drop a lot. Surely with lock down, social interaction is down to about 10 percent of what it was. So shouldn't infection rate be down to about somewhere between 0.1 and 0.5 which should mean we should have it under control.

Not too alarmed by UK figures due to the lag but bit scary Italy figures haven't nosedive as they have been in lock down for ages. Is there something we have missed? How are lock down infections happening to current rates. Is it the people still working, supermarkets or some sort of stealth infection? Or was the 2.5 figure really 20?

• @mike778 said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

@Munchie63 said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

@kaka8 no

Eh, it was at 9am according to dashboard. Honestly the method doesn't really matter. Everyone knows its not going to be perfect, what matters is they use consistent methodology and stick to it.

The contagion rate is 2.5 ish. Once it gets below 1.0 then new cases should drop. If it gets to 0.5 it should drop a lot. Surely with lock down, social interaction is down to about 10 percent of what it was. So shouldn't infection rate be down to about somewhere between 0.1 and 0.5 which should mean we should have it under control.

Not too alarmed by UK figures due to the lag but bit scary Italy figures haven't nosedive as they have been in lock down for ages. Is there something we have missed? How are lock down infections happening to current rates. Is it the people still working, supermarkets or some sort of stealth infection? Or was the 2.5 figure really 20?

A lot more people were infected than officially picked up, hence why the countries with more testing tend to be doing better in terms of control.

Also so many get it without symptoms at all (yet could be infectious), which nobody has truly got a handle on yet.

Once the antibody testing comes online this will become a lot clearer.

But there's no way the PL will restart in the next two months IMO, unless the government sees it as a psychological help to people in isolation. But as I said in other threads, even IF the government allows it, and the health services allow medical staff to attend, player insurance could be an issue (let alone the players themselves wanting to be at risk).

• @kristiang85 said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

@mike778 said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

@Munchie63 said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

@kaka8 no

A lot more people were infected than officially picked up, hence why the countries with more testing tend to be doing better in terms of control.

Also so many get it without symptoms at all (yet could be infectious), which nobody has truly got a handle on yet.

Once the antibody testing comes online this will become a lot clearer.

But there's no way the PL will restart in the next two months IMO, unless the government sees it as a psychological help to people in isolation. But as I said in other threads, even IF the government allows it, and the health services allow medical staff to attend, player insurance could be an issue (let alone the players themselves wanting to be at risk).

I get the asymptomatic thing.

However under lock down everyone is essentially isolated or most of us. The majority of people are working at home or not working at home and when out will be with household only and keeping 2m (yes I know there are exceptions but on the whole).

So if I have it and are asymptomatic the only person I am likely to pass to is my girlfriend and same for her. So surely the infection rates should be crashing.

• @mike778 said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

ed or most of us. The majority of people are working at home or not working at home and when out will be with household only and keeping 2m (yes I know there are exceptions but on the whole).
    So if I have it and are asymptomatic the only person I am

You'd think so, and they will be decreasing, but there are still places you can get it - e.g. supermarkets where someone might have put the virus onto a packet that you pick up (hence why everyone should wear gloves), other people you come into contact with when doing shopping, and obviously hospitals and schools and many other key services are still in operation. There's more spread potentail than you think, but definitely less than before.

Then once infections are at a manageable level, you can't just release everyone into the wild again, as the virus might get traction for a second time. So there will be a long lag before life will be fully back to normal. This virus is incredibly good at getting itself around, and a nightmare to predict.

I can't remember when Italy started its lockdowns (certainly longer than the two weeks though); but they are still on 5k cases a day, and the 11% death rate on these show's there's a lot more out there being undetected still. And this is with a stricter regime than us!

The earliest I can see government, clubs, health professionals, players and insurers being happy to even have closed stadium matches is June sometime. However, this disease has changed quickly, so hopefully there might be an unexpected improvmenet that will prove me wrong and we get going again mid-May. But that's only a small chance.

Also you need to consider that if a player in a club does get it after play resumes, then that will mean isolation for that team, and again issues on integrity for the competition. So resumption has to be at a time when infection chances are much lower.

• Belgium have drawn stumps on their league and proclaimed Brugges as champions with their 15pt gap.

Sign of things to come??

• @TotalPunt said in PL Keen On Behind Doors Finish To Season In June/Jul:

Belgium have drawn stumps on their league and proclaimed Brugges as champions with their 15pt gap.

Sign of things to come??

The money involved is much less than the big 5 though... the stakes are a lot higher for those leagues.

Did they do promotion/relegation, do you know?

EDIT: Ah, found the BBC article:

The Belgian Pro League is set to become the first major European league to be cancelled because of coronavirus.
    Club Bruges will be declared champions with the current league table set to stand.
    There was one match of the regular season remaining when the league was suspended, with play-offs due to decide the top positions.
    The league’s board of directors made the decision and have made a recommendation to the general assembly.
    It will be made official on 15 April with a working group to decide relegation and promotion issues.
    Club Brugge are 15 points clear of second-placed Gent at the top of the table.
    In a statement, the league said: "The board of directors unanimously decided that it was not desirable, whatever the scenario envisaged, to continue the competition after 30 June."

So with one game of normal play left, this seemed sensible.

Not the situation the main European leagues are in.

• @kristiang85 Yes, still clinging to the hope that there will be live football piped into my lounge within the next two months. Need something to address the slide into insanity 🥴

• as a little add-on to this, if anyone has Sky Sports and hasn't cancelled yet, then go to their website and simply click the link to suspend your Live sports subscription. You will still get all of your sports channels, but will save money in the meantime, and your sunscription will automatically resume once live sport starts again