Questions from a New User

• Hey guys

I've been on the platform for about 10 months now with a very small portfolio trying to learn the ropes and analyse the different factors that create value. I've done OK so far and gotten lucky on a couple of trades (Weghorst just prior to his star man win and Pogba prior to covid-19) so I feel like I'm finally comfortable with increasing the size of my portfolio. I bought into 10 players last week, topping up on a couple more and have again have done OK but this has raised a couple of questions:

• Is there any way of seeing the date I purchased a player without trawling through my transaction history? My longest hold is only about 2 months so no issue with shares expiring but it would be useful to know. Do you guys keep a separate schedule?

• Is there a way of seeing my average buy price, again without trawling my transaction history and working it out myself? I was 1p in profit per share on a player which I held 9 shares of but when I topped up an additional share (at the increased price) it's now showing that I'm 10p in profit overall, which isn't correct. In reality I'm 1p in profit per share for 9 shares and 0p in profit per share for 1 share. Again do you guys just keep a separate schedule on excel?

Looking forward to getting involved in discussions on the forum!

• @MikeWagner said in Questions from a New User:

Hey guys

I've been on the platform for about 10 months now with a very small portfolio trying to learn the ropes and analyse the different factors that create value. I've done OK so far and gotten lucky on a couple of trades (Weghorst just prior to his star man win and Pogba prior to covid-19) so I feel like I'm finally comfortable with increasing the size of my portfolio. I bought into 10 players last week, topping up on a couple more and have again have done OK but this has raised a couple of questions:

• Is there any way of seeing the date I purchased a player without trawling through my transaction history? My longest hold is only about 2 months so no issue with shares expiring but it would be useful to know. Do you guys keep a separate schedule?

• Is there a way of seeing my average buy price, again without trawling my transaction history and working it out myself? I was 1p in profit per share on a player which I held 9 shares of but when I topped up an additional share (at the increased price) it's now showing that I'm 10p in profit overall, which isn't correct. In reality I'm 1p in profit per share for 9 shares and 0p in profit per share for 1 share. Again do you guys just keep a separate schedule on excel?

Looking forward to getting involved in discussions on the forum!

Unfortunately no there is no way of seeing your date of purchase but I believe they have said it will be coming soon. As for your average buy price this is already what is displayed as your cost price within your portfolio. It will always show the average. I keep a spreadsheet so i can see by individual purchase prices which is helpful because when selling it will alwyas sell oldest shares first so when im selling in lumps i like to know my exact profit.

• Welcome to the forum!

No way of seeing purchase dates (except transaction history) yet. Sounds like they will be adding share expiration dates soon.

The buy price shown in your port is averaged. They round up to nearest whole penny. So often you will see in small holdings or small additional shares being put on a holding, the figure wont change.

I am considering logging my separate purchases on individual players as the average cost puts me off, but this would take too much time.

When we sell a player, it sells your oldest first too- so averages recalculate as you sell.

• no answers to your question sorry wags, just here to say i hope your investing billions into the platform

• There is a useful free spreadsheet on footyindexscout.co.uk you have to register to download it but registration is free

• Very helpful guys, thanks very much to all of you!