Juventus money problems & Matthijs De Ligt to Man Utd

• In my opinion, this is just one of those rumours you instantly know will not happen, even for tabloid gossip.

I get Juve need money, but De Ligt, Ronaldo and Dybala have all been linked to United in the last few days. Combined with Kane, Sancho, Ighalo, Grealish that are all 1000% definitely moving to Man Utd as well they’re all confirmed but they’ve only told the Daily Express about it.

Also Bonucci and Chiellini are about 130 years old, and if the new season starts in September (who knows if it will though) then Demiral probably won’t be fit for that, selling De Ligt seems a bizarre decision when they have so many others plays to offload.

Is there anyone who believes De Ligt will actually be a Man Utd player next season (whenever that is, and whenever the transfer window is) - and are there some holders that will end up with burned fingers buying him at 1.93? Not sure how many media divs he can win off of this.

The main thing I want to ask about Juventus, is what is the impact of this on Pogba and his share price cause he’s surely more likely to stay at Utd right? His price is secure because of the media divs he’s likely to win, but what about longer term?

• Might sound a bit crazy but I don’t think I’d want him as a fan, and as a trader I think it’s highly unlikely any move will happen.

• @Daniel Juve was a legitimate worry for Pogba holders.

If this is true, it means his remaining options are Real Madrid & PSG

• Think it’s very likely Dybala will be going to the premier league next season with the financial issues with Juve. Hopefully to Spurs to replace Kane if he leaves or united if he stays. With the WC coming up in 2022 he’s a very strong long term hold in my view given it’s his peak years.

• @TeamGB dybala to any premier league team could be tricky due to image rights, he and his mrs are high profile and bring in a lot of money through negotiating their own image rights and this could be a potential stumbling block for clubs. Not saying it wont happen, just might be tricky to agree personal terms if he and his mrs want to retain control over their image rights

• @TeamGB Dybala makes sense especially for players they would offload after the last season, but yeah I think the lack of concrete rumours about where he’ll end up is holding his price back. Tottenham would make sense though, not for him as a player however, not sure I would class him as a Mourinho type player.

@Ddr And I’m sure Daniel Levy will be nothing but flexible about that, cannot see that being a problem at all

• @Ericali

Can’t see Pogba fitting in PSG’s style of football

• I’ve always said pogba would go in the summer but this virus has changed everything - no one will pay over the £89m paid for him and Ed won’t sell for less. Swap deals possible but IMO Utd need a right winger as a priority and a CDM - none of the interested clubs have ones we would want. De Ligt - very similar to Maguire in stats and style - Maguire not going anywhere so signing him wouldn’t be good as pace is needed alongside Maguire (Bailly when fit). This means I’ve changed my mind and see a new contract on £350k - £400k per week and he will stay one more season and be sold summer 2021 of normality has returned.

• @Gazza Real Madrid, Psg and Juve dont have any defensive midfielders we would want. I have to disagree with you there mate. Theres a few i can think of. Casemeiro, Gueye, Verrati, Pjanic, hell i would even have herrera back,.

• @Jdog in theory yes those players wouldn't be bad signings but Gueye is 31 this year, Pjanic turns 30 tomorrow. I think Verratti is an absolute class act, not convinced he'd suit the prem though. Casemiro would be an interesting option, we'll see. I hope this isn't another summer of ridiculous swap deal rumours, cause last year it was getting stupid when papers were suggesting 3 players would go to a team for 1 player

• @Jdog Casemiro maybe but the rest to old except Veratti who I’ve never been convinced on. I’d rather have the money and buy Partey or Ndidi but as I say can’t see anyone spending much this summer. Any clubs with money should be able to get a few bargains but I imagine very few will have money that aren’t already in trouble with FFP.
    Reducing revenues will also effect the FFP formula - unless they change it?

• however all of these players would be a massive improvement on the current players we have. Is it feasbile to say any of them players would not massively improve our midfield. Also, dont get why everyone wants Partey so much. He will cost a lot and isnt exactly world class imo. Others on that list are basically world class so i know who I would want

• @Jdog Watch Partey a lot this season especially in champions league - been MOM in virtually every game, has it all - 26 and has a buy out clause at £40m. Contract has a year left and AM want him to renew when I’d imagine the buy out will go up considerably - although who knows this market.
    He played well, but not as well as he can but was given a certain task, against Liverpool. In FI terms Would be able to dominate more if released from AM where Simeone is fairly negative and would be a good PB player - has scored decent PB amounts already. It a move I would like. Sancho and Partey and we are contenders again.

• @Gazza said in Juventus money problems & Matthijs De Ligt to Man Utd:

@Jdog Watch Partey a lot this season especially in champions league - been MOM in virtually every game, has it all - 26 and has a buy out clause at £40m. Contract has a year left and AM want him to renew when I’d imagine the buy out will go up considerably - although who knows this market.
    He played well, but not as well as he can but was given a certain task, against Liverpool. In FI terms Would be able to dominate more if released from AM where Simeone is fairly negative and would be a good PB player - has scored decent PB amounts already. It a move I would like. Sancho and Partey and we are contenders again.

Partey is quite an interesting option, from what I've heard he's kicked on a bit this season. And for once he's one of the players in Spain who doesn't have a ridiculous release clause. He's probably better value than Saul just because Saul is valued so high. I'm not convinced Partey would be a world beater for United but he'd definitely be a strong player to have at the base of the midfield, 40 mill for a 26 year old is pretty decent business IMO. But if Pogba leaves I think a box to box midfielder becomes the priority. Interesting how United's window literally depends on what Pogba is doing!

• How’s anyone watched De Ligt this season for juva?

I personally think his had a shocking season is this why there trying to use him as bait?

What’s your guys personal opinion on De Ligt? His game?