Best time to deposit £££

• Looking to make a decent deposit around 25% of portfolio value...
    Struggling to decide when to time it and buy some players, mostly PB and longer term (rather than high value MB or transfer).

Don't want to be too early in case the spreads narrow and my new buys drop in value by 10%.
    At the same time too late and I've missed some of the rise coming with football coming back (whenever that may be).
    All the while I want to do this before the end of April to get the 8% bonus.

People's thoughts?

• I think if you have the funds this is a good time to buy, people have been buying already and a lot of value around. The market seems to be moving so follow the market if you can

• One observation i have made through watching news of covid 19 is Germany seem to have the best handle on it and i estimate 2 or 3 weeks ahead of other countries with getting back to normal.

I am going too buy Bundesliga players and hope if its the first league back people will buy into their players 1st

• @Millonarios said in Best time to deposit £££:

One observation i have made through watching news of covid 19 is Germany seem to have the best handle on it and i estimate 2 or 3 weeks ahead of other countries with getting back to normal.

I am going too buy Bundesliga players and hope if its the first league back people will buy into their players 1st

I have thought about this as well.. I think it is credible

• I wouldn't put it past the Uk trying to get things going quick when possible

• I am being cautious personally. I still think many are assuming football is coming back in next few months. I don't think it will. And if they try to finish season in autumn, that means no transfer window. As you say, there is a big question mark over the spreads and what will happen when
    they return to normal. Those who are brave will probably do well, but I am not feeling brave enough.

• I think you'll find it hard to find current value/cost if you wait too long. In regards to transfers thats gonna be a funny one. I lot of sorting out to do

• Guessing the bottom isn't something most can do in this instance, given you holding long term I'd say it's better to focus on if you think a player is value at the current price and enjoy the 8% bonus on top.

• @Paco yeah that was my feeling only thing is don't want to get caught if the spreads suddenly go back to normal.
    The odds on that happening are slim I think with everything going on but it's a risk.

• If I had the funds I would definitely be investing now. There is a debate to be had though whether to invest when spreads are lifted as that would be chaos. Some strong pb players could get demolished in that time. But still that is slightly risky to me. I would just be lumping on now, understanding it may take a while to get a decent return on it, but you at least know you've got in near the bottom

• every time im on the media page during the day i have a little watch of the ticker, plenty of buys been going thru all day have a little watch for yourself

• @Neil2265 said in Best time to deposit £££:

@Paco yeah that was my feeling only thing is don't want to get caught if the spreads suddenly go back to normal.
    The odds on that happening are slim I think with everything going on but it's a risk.

I think they will gradually reduce the spreads in line with the general world situation and slowly re introduce the IS option for short periods once confidence has returned and a concrete date for resumption is in place.

Thus avoiding a crash and any sell off will be offset by cash moving back into the platform.

The top end will take a hit after the 23rd for a week or so but there will be a sustained boom in PB players across the board from early May onwards.

Assuming football returns in July/Aug

• Tricky one... There's no certainty we have hit bottom....bur my port is booming today and players I bought today are already a few p up... If you put in today and it goes down a bit... But you hold... Is that better or worse than waiting and players prices going up then you buy?

You could miss the boat if you wait for spreads to return to normal to see if there is a second, deeper bottom. Whereas buy now and they reduce... You haven't lost anything if you hold.

• I hold Osimhen and he has gone up 11p in the last hour or so. Does anyone know why?

• @Hotspur when are you thinking about then? Before the bonus ends at end of April I presume?

As I say thinking generally longer term holds so edging towards buying now and living with any 'short term' drops when spreads move back or if there is no football for a while.
    Also thinking lower priced players, a few under £1.20 and a few under £2.30 ish

• @Neil2265 I’ve market sold most of my port in recent days/weeks (decent size).
    There are stimulants in play right now, refreshed spend bonus (which the recent boom has coincided with) and the spread lockdown which have also instilled renewed faith in the market which naturally loosens peoples purse strings.
    So considering these stimulants and the fact we have no football for a real long haul I’m betting on bumps in the road. I certainly wouldn’t be following the bonus money in at this stage. If I wanted to deposit I’d at least wait until a week after the bonus finishes and probably until spreads are released.

• @Millonarios another news article saying its a battle with pretty much all the big epl clubs after him

• @Timothee-Atouba but that the same time there will be money coming back, probably into PB players, when the spreads are reduced?
    Judging if the drop will be more than the bonus is difficult. All depends how long the football will be I guess 🤷‍♂️

• @Neil2265 no, I'm taking opportunity to de-risk and withdraw all deposits. Have to do it at some point and taking advantage of current boom by market selling selected players. I will carry on playing with profits only. Won't get a bonus but 8% not quite tempting enough with the inevitable dip that will follow.