Osimhen

• Wow this guy has gone up 18p in the last few hours, this morning I remembered seeing him at £2.25 now his £2.43

I think a move to the premier league is nailed on for him, a few weeks back he was linked with real an Barca but with real heavily linked to mbappe an Barca to martinez a move to them two looks unlikely.

I personally think Liverpool are favourites to land him as klopp has already declared his interest in the hot forward but I’d like to see him at Chelsea.

• Could be great business for Lille as they signed him for only €15 million lol

• Seems likely, but who knows when it will happen with football being cancelled for the time being, that’s the only thing.

Also, £90m for him? Whoever ends up with Werner for £50m will surely be much happier. Werner’s only 23 years old too remember. Dybala must be less than £90m also although he might be quite a bit older than them both.

• @Daniel said in Osimhen:

Seems likely, but who knows when it will happen with football being cancelled for the time being, that’s the only thing.

Also, £90m for him? Whoever ends up with Werner for £50m will surely be much happier. Werner’s only 23 years old too remember. Dybala must be less than £90m also although he might be quite a bit older than them both.

That’s just Lille’s staring point.

He’ll go for about 60m I reckon.

Also Werner is 24. Osimhen only 21,

• Be interesting to see if the 'success' of Pepe makes people a bit more hesitant about signing from the French league. Never seen Osmihen play though so can't really have an opinion on what he's worth, but personally 90 mill seems very high

• @ChazFI123 said in Osimhen:

Be interesting to see if the 'success' of Pepe makes people a bit more hesitant about signing from the French league. Never seen Osmihen play though so can't really have an opinion on what he's worth, but personally 90 mill seems very high

Different players really, osimhen is a straightforward striker whereas Pepe is a winger imo.
    Osimhen could turn into the next drogba imo, he’s a beast at 21 already.

• @Tom77 what I mean is clubs might question how strong the form is performing well for Lille, rather than they're similar players

• @ChazFI123 said in Osimhen:

@Tom77 what I mean is clubs might question how strong the form is performing well for Lille, rather than they're similar players

Pepe was looking better lately though, not everyone settles straight away. ( also he is nearly 25)
    Osimhen is only just 21 so that’s even better. ( producing at a young age). Pepe was doing nothing at 21 years old .
    Arsenal probably overpaid a bit for Pepe though.

• @Tom77 As I said I've never really seen him play so can't pass judgement on him, 90 million just seems a lot of money for someone who's got 18 goals in the French league. It probably is the papers over exaggerating the price though

• @Tom77

Totally agree with the drogba comparison... anyone that hasn’t watched Osimhen I recommend you do.

• @Dav said in Osimhen:

@Tom77

Totally agree with the drogba comparison... anyone that hasn’t watched Osimhen I recommend you do.

Well he is black so he has to either be Henry or Drogba right?

Hes more Drogba than Henry but he ain't no Drogba...

He's quick and strong but not really a battler.. He is a goalscorer.

• @Vespasian32 said in Osimhen:

@Dav said in Osimhen:

@Tom77

Well he is black so he has to either be Henry or Drogba right?

Hes more Drogba than Henry but he ain't no Drogba...

He's quick and strong but not really a battler.. He is a goalscorer.

He’s only just 21. When he’s 23/24 he will be out muscling defenders with ease.
    Look at his frame, he still looks thin but strong, when his fills out he will be a beast.

Drogba was about 25 when he joined chelsea.

• Im an Osimhen holder from sub-£1, always been curious about him. I like him, think hes a good player, and him doing well in Germany was key for me. I thought him going to France would mean goals galore. 18 goals is a pretty good return for a 21 year old in his 1st season (ofc, its not finished yet) in that league, but for some reason I guess I wanted a little bit more?

Bit much to ask, (selfishly) hope he stays in France next season and bags 25-30. We have a year of transfer speculation and perhaps a £3.50-4 player! I think its a tad too early to move to a Prem big team. Hope Im wrong though if he does go.

Also, have maybe watched him 5 times on BT Sport this season, and apart from one of the games, he looked pretty average in the other games, not going to lie. Hes more of an old #9, doesnt really drop deep and play (which is fine, but not PB friendly unless hes scoring, however hes definitely a goalscorer for sure). Guess Ive just been unlucky on the days Ive tuned in!

Nonetheless, good player, good hold, ticks a few FI boxes.

Any price approximations for this time next year say if he moves to a Prem top 6 team and has an OKish season scoring 10-15 goals?

• He’s in my port until he moves, this season or next season, however the whispers are a that Lille will need to sell a few.

• Victor.

If you know, you know.

🧐

• Osimhen is an example of a bad trade for me 😐

Bought at £1.80 for IPD. Then transfer rumours started circulating out of the blue. So I held.
    But his PB is shit, he doesn't see the ball much at all and really needs goals ( & more than one) to stand any chance of winning divs.

So my PB head took over, thinking other traders would also see his limitations. and I sold at £1.95.

And now, without kicking a ball for weeks, he is up to over £2.70!

0_1588063836840_IMG-20200425-WA0042.jpg

• @ScouseSte Yep PB is what stopped me buying at the £2 mark. Good striker though suited to the premier league so think rumours will continue.

I think he's one of those that will continue to rise with rumours and then crash when he actually starts playing for new club.

• @ChazFI12.
    Pepe had an ok first season all things considering.
    Reckon he will or should be a lot better next season if Arsenal sort themselves out.

• @Ben_pz said in Osimhen:

@ScouseSte Yep PB is what stopped me buying at the £2 mark. Good striker though suited to the premier league so think rumours will continue.

I think he's one of those that will continue to rise with rumours and then crash when he actually starts playing for new club.

Yea. I've been on here nearly 2 years so I should have known better - logic very rarely applies on the index 😂.

From the early days though I've always questioned large rises based on transfers, with the exception of non-PB to PB leagues.
    A little rise, sure, because you might be going from an average team to one that wins a lot (better pb chances overall).

But in general, the rises on transfer rumours are bonkers. If the transfer dividends promo was a permanent thing then I think it would justify the rises but I suspect that will be a one-off.