Issues with the 'new' website

• Seen as we have been forced to migrate to the new website, you would think it would now be fit for purpose wouldn't you? 🙈

A few issues I've got already & I've only been on it a few hours.

My transaction history isn't correct, as it only shows Jan 2020 while today.

0_1585726781349_Screenshot_20200401-083723.png

While when I put my actual start date in of Nov 18 I get this

0_1585726765366_Screenshot_20200401-083748.png

Why do I have to scroll through various pages when the older website just updated into one long list - to me, this seems like a downgrade in technology, not an upgrade!

0_1585726911311_Screenshot_20200401-084023.png

The Watchlist. It has a recently added feature, but has no feature to see the oldest added.

I don't want to have to scroll through 10 pages of players before coming across the first player I added.

0_1585727079753_Screenshot_20200401-084237.png

Anyone else noticing any other bug-bears? 😐

• I've given up on it already. Switched to the app which I find marginally more bearable. Really miss the old website though. Hoping the new site is an April's fool and the new one will re-appear!

• @Ericali you just have to click start date and end date for the transaction history

• Can we not start a petition bring back old website....the app is truly awful 😖 and is detrimental to my fi experience. The layout is so much worse than the old website... Was there ever an explanation to why buy and sell were swapped? Maybe next update the players pics and names can be upside down just to make it even more difficult...😤

• @Don-keyballs said in Issues with the 'new' website:

Can we not start a petition bring back old website....the app is truly awful 😖 and is detrimental to my fi experience. The layout is so much worse than the old website... Was there ever an explanation to why buy and sell were swapped? Maybe next update the players pics and names can be upside down just to make it even more difficult...😤

Yeah I never thought the buy and sell swap would bug me that much when it was mentioned, but I'm still not used to it. It does drive me mad on occasion. It doesn't help that in the app it's still the right way round.

In my head I say "buy and sell" so seeing sell first makes me think "ooh bargain price" then realise its not the buy price.

Also in the summary the recent bonus payments aren't shown, which is a small niggle.

• @Moukoko said in Issues with the 'new' website:

@Ericali you just have to click start date and end date for the transaction history

Yes 😁👍

Thanks

• @Don-keyballs @Don-keyballs agree with both.

The buy/sell being swopped about was the least needed feature than needed to be changed.

It's annoying to look at, as you want the market value of your asset first.

I keep looking at people & thinking their share prices have dropped in value! 🤣

We still have players at their old clubs too, which is an age-old problem that has never been addressed.

• Banned

To be fair to FI, there were a lot more problems on the site, I highlighted a lot and they have all been fixed.

On the buy/sell thing, nostalgia and all that... https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/12502/feedback-wanted-buy-sell-buttons

• I much prefer the new site to the previous one. It's faster, easier to search on, and the watchlist actually works and is more useful. The expanded ticker is also good and I'm sure there will be further improvements to come.

• @Ericali

One of the major complaints about the new site is the lack of infinite scroll. Whilst we won't be introducing that anytime soon we plan to double the amount of players per page and hope to have that released in an update in the next few days

• @FI_Mark thanks for the reply Mark.

Any chance of oldest button feature added to the watchlist?

👍

• @Ericali

Will pass it on 👍

• I'm not happy the old site is gone either. Fuck knows why they couldn't just leave it alone. They aren't short of other problems they need to be addressing but instead they take this step which presumably 10s of thousands of people aren't happy about. Bravo

• @FI_Mark said in Issues with the 'new' website:

@Ericali

One of the major complaints about the new site is the lack of infinite scroll. Whilst we won't be introducing that anytime soon we plan to double the amount of players per page and hope to have that released in an update in the next few days

Is there a technical reason why infinite scroll on portfolios cannot be done? It would be great to have the option - e.g. "Show 50", "Show 100", "Show All".

Thanks for the response!

• @MickTurbo said in Issues with the 'new' website:

I'm not happy the old site is gone either. Fuck knows why they couldn't just leave it alone. They aren't short of other problems they need to be addressing but instead they take this step which presumably 10s of thousands of people aren't happy about. Bravo

It was only a very small percentage of users still using the old site. It also doesn't make sense to try and maintain multiple websites.

@kristiang85 said in Issues with the 'new' website:

@FI_Mark said in Issues with the 'new' website:

@Ericali

Is there a technical reason why infinite scroll on portfolios cannot be done? It would be great to have the option - e.g. "Show 50", "Show 100", "Show All".

Thanks for the response!

Ultimately it comes down to the amount of active users we now have on the site at one time. If all these users were to scroll down to show 100s of footballers each, all with updating prices etc it causes huge server load.

What you have suggested is something we have considered/are considering.

• @FI_Mark said in Issues with the 'new' website:

@MickTurbo said in Issues with the 'new' website:

I'm not happy the old site is gone either. Fuck knows why they couldn't just leave it alone. They aren't short of other problems they need to be addressing but instead they take this step which presumably 10s of thousands of people aren't happy about. Bravo

It was only a very small percentage of users still using the old site. It also doesn't make sense to try and maintain multiple websites.

@kristiang85 said in Issues with the 'new' website:

@FI_Mark said in Issues with the 'new' website:

@Ericali

Thanks for the response!

Ultimately it comes down to the amount of active users we now have on the site at one time. If all these users were to scroll down to show 100s of footballers each, all with updating prices etc it causes huge server load.

What you have suggested is something we have considered/are considering.

Ah OK fair enough, that is a technical restraint then. Thanks for explaining!

• Looks like theres a big announcement coming on twitter....

• @FI_Mark I've been using the "new" website since it went live and am generally finding it much better than the old one in terms of usability once I got used to the layout however (and Its only a small thing and will be easily rectifiable) the fact that buy and sell are on different sides on the website and IOS app drives me mad and makes it hard to switch between my laptop and phone through the day (which I do frequently on a normal day) as it takes your brain a second to process that the buy and sell aren't where its expecting to see them!! 😂 As I said very trivial but it drives me mad and is easily fixed please? 🙏

0_1585735324950_Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 10.49.40.png

0_1585735889731_FI1.jpg

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!