Is The Summer Transfer Window Going To Be FIs Best Window Ever?

• With the Corona virus seriously depleting club finances all over the globe cash is no longer king. The Barcelona president predicts many swap deals in the coming window owing to a lack of cash. In a climate of wage cuts it would be obscene for a club to splash out 100 million on a player. Swap deals do seem the way forward. However they are notoriously difficult to happen but as you have to get the joint agreement of in some deals upto 3 players. Some of these transfers are likely to be long and drawn out. Regular followers will recognise the long and drawn out ones can be very profitable.

The ones I've seen associated with swap deals are Lautoro Martinez and Paul Pogba but there are quite a few more. The interesting aspect for me might be the makeweights in these deals. De ligt not having the best time at Juventus but speculation he could be a makeweight in a Pogba deal has seen a spike. Anticipating the makeweights could be interesting.

It's going to be an intriguing window for me. Hopefully with enhanced media div offerings it could be profitable.

• @Dalian-Smith said in Is The Summer Transfer Window Going To Be FIs Best Window Ever:

It's going to be an intriguing window for me

That's for certain, not even clear when it will happen or how expiring contracts will be handled? If the top leagues are going to finish, which is still not clear but certainly desirable for lots of reasons, surely it will be with the same squads as they started? I can see the current leagues dragging on into Aug/Sept & then a short pre season with new campaigns possibly in Oct?? That's assuming no new infection spike (which is a MASSIVE if) so any transfer window would be either a very narrow window (with little business) or perhaps an extended window right through until Jan?? Swap deals are clearly more complicated so might not happen as often as touted.

Extended transfer speculation is highly likely in any scenario; so conceivably Neymar, Kane, Sancho, Pogba could be big MB players for the next 6-9 months?

• Maybe forget the window nonsense and go back to the old days when transfers could be done all year long that would be much more exciting, could do it for a year at least until things get back to normal

• If leagues are going to be completed it could be a very small transfer window as i cant see them allowing new players being able to bought before the season is concluded.

• Still a question mark over the transfer window. It supposed to be opening in June but given current circumstances there are lots of options been explored. There's a rumour it could open in May. Or extended til January. It's important it happens as I'm sure many clubs will use it to address financial burdens.

• @Black-wolf Can't see it being small at all. Some clubs could go under I'd summise if they couldn't conduct business. Some clubs business models are based on transfer income. It wouldn't be in footballs interest to have s small window.

• @Black-wolf

The only way is to make the player ineligible until the new season starts, whenever that is, a bit like Ziyech to Chelsea (deal already done & dusted with willing buyer & seller). To prevent any transfer business may well put clubs in even further financial jeopardy than is already likely after the CV destabilisation & that's in no one's interest. FFP rules may well need to be suspended & clubs destined for promotion or relegation will need some certainty about future revenues which is still to be resolved.

• @Dalian-Smith said in Is The Summer Transfer Window Going To Be FIs Best Window Ever?:

@Black-wolf Can't see it being small at all. Some clubs could go under I'd summise if they couldn't conduct business. Some clubs business models are based on transfer income. It wouldn't be in footballs interest to have s small window.

But they cant create time. It will need to be a shorter window or shorter 20/21 season and i reckon the tv broadcasters will have a lot to say over a shorter season

• @NewUser159387 said in Is The Summer Transfer Window Going To Be FIs Best Window Ever?:

@Black-wolf

The only way is to make the player ineligible until the new season starts, whenever that is, a bit like Ziyech to Chelsea (deal already done & dusted with willing buyer & seller). To prevent any transfer business may well put clubs in even further financial jeopardy than is already likely after the CV destabilisation & that's in no one's interest. FFP rules may well need to be suspended & clubs destined for promotion or relegation will need some certainty about future revenues which is still to be resolved.

I thought about that it wthat would work for over seas transfers but surely they wont allow clubs from the same league unsettle players in such a way. Imagine teams buying a player and it being confirmed but then that same player playing aginst the club he has been bought by

• @Dalian-Smith Extended to January makes sense, effectively having one long window. Given the need for medicals etc I can't see how any international transfers can take place until movement across borders can happen but domestic transfers could be possible in June.

• @Harford-is-God I agree. The window needs to be on these lines to stabilise football finances. It may mean in the short term an overlapping of fixtures but it needs to be done.

• Rashford flirting with the idea of him Sancho and Martial being the front 3 next year in an interview, oh stop it Marcus 🥰

• @ChazFI123 Yeah, stop it Marcus, completely ruining my chances of a clean MB sweep....

• @Harford-is-God I didn’t even notice that he was getting that high in the rankings, go on Marcus!! (I hold) sorry mate!

• I bought Rashford straight after i bought Bruno, the two of them together are going to be a brilliant FI combination. Bruno will improve Rashfords PB and im sure the two of them will link up well enough to pick up plenty of MB

• Seeing a lot of fans on twitter not happy with their club making pay cuts and using furlough etc, it'll be interesting to see if the same fans are celebrating their club making signings in the summer because they saved themselves money right now!

• @ChazFI123 said in Is The Summer Transfer Window Going To Be FIs Best Window Ever?:

Seeing a lot of fans on twitter not happy with their club making pay cuts and using furlough etc, it'll be interesting to see if the same fans are celebrating their club making signings in the summer because they saved themselves money right now!

I doubt the savings from non-playing staff will make much of a dent in the cost for a football transfer.

• I've got to applaud those clubs that have taken early action on wages. Surprised more haven't done it given their incomes have took significant hits. I know the PFA advises not to deviate from their contracts but some clubs are going to surely be in serious peril. A joint wage deferral is surely needed to protect football.

I think a driving force of the next window will be the shifting of high end wage players in order to balance books. Big transfer fees will be taking a break for now. I predict lots of deals low on upfront cash at reduced fees to what we've been accustomed to.

• IMO cash deals will carry on as normal

If anything the bigger clubs may get better deals as lower league clubs will be in even more need of the money from the transfer so may have to reduce asking prices

But top clubs not spending because people are losing jobs ? If a top player comes on the market buying clubs will part with £100 mill without batting an eyelid.

Unemployment was high in the 70s but we had £1 mill footballers

• @Dalian-Smith
    Neymar, Coutinho, Werner, Maddison, Grealish, Chilwell, Havertz....

Clubs like Juve may want a swap deal for Pogba as it suits their finances, but why would Utd want to take a player not on their shortlist when they could take £100 mill and buy 2 or 3 who are.

I can see where you're coming from, with the possible loss of income, but these top clubs are immune to everything going on around them