Goretzka

• I'm new to this and trying to understand the market.
    Now having watched Zlatan shoot up which I found bizarre I now see an upcoming free agent German international falling in price last few days.
    Chuck in Lingaard flying up and Dele Alli going up and down like a yoyo the FI market looks to be a volatile place

• @NewUser135969 - Firstly welcome! There are alot of new users here - and the best advice that you can run with is 'take time to learn how the market behaves'.

There are so many factors to play which impact the rise and fall of players - and the more attention that you pay to footballing 'events' - the quicker you will be able to predict the volatility.

Some long termers would advise you to buy and hold players that you are confident in their potential to improve, be transferred or return dividends...

There's a good reason why the long termers are still here!

Personal advice, don't buy James Milner before you've read the 500+ threads on the forum! :)

• @NewUser135969 Yeah it takes some time to understand what moves the market and some changes will have you scratching your head no matter how long you've been here! I haven't been watching his price personally but even if he's had a dip, I'm sure Goretzka will come up again as his move comes closer. Probably people took some money out of him to put into players who have CL/EL games this week (there are 12p dividends per share in the top player in each position plus and extra 6p for the top player overall on those days).

If you feel you would benefit from a good general intro to the index, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozhi6ZUYmYo

The volatility is actually a good thing as it means lots of opportunities to profit, as long as you hop on and off players at the right times of course!

• @Jay-Frazz
    Thanks mate
    I've gone for players I think will move in the summer like bamba and balotelli

• @NewUser135969 - Sounds like a good plan.

Bamba is a great shout - from what i read, he is getting better by the game and apparently out of contract in the summer - so a pretty nailed on mover!

• @BL__FI
    Thanks

• I made a mistake when I joined in my opinion.
    I bought only 2/3 or 4 shares in my first few players. I quickly realised you need more shares.
    What s your thoughts around the minimum amount of shares you should buy in a player.
    I've upped mine to 10 per player

• Depends on your budget. If you're on a smaller budget you should buy less so you can still have a spread portfolio. Then you'll still have as much interest cos you won't just have a few players to monitor.

• Welcome! I’ve been on here for only around a week so I’m new too. Personally I’ve only put in a very small amount (mainly due to my financial circumstances). I’ve only got about 2-3 shares for about 6 players. I’ve already bought and sold some at a profit before reinvesting. I’m currently sitting on a profit of £1 so am not going to set the world alight, but the last week has showed I’m moving in the right direction. It’s given me time to really analyse and watch how the platform works without any worry (I could literally have every player go down to 0p and I wouldn’t be bothered as it wasn’t much money to lose).
    For tme, the forum has been one of my best friends. Everyone is really helpful and supportive so I suggest keep on the forum (reading others while putting up your own posts if you want to), head to Youtube as well as there’s a lot of helpful vids and be patient. Watch, read, learn and take that to plan strategy’s for when you can invest more.
    Good luck 👍

• @FranklynMary
    Cheers mate.

• @Comrade said in Goretzka:

I'm new to this and trying to understand the market.
    Now having watched Zlatan shoot up which I found bizarre I now see an upcoming free agent German international falling in price last few days.
    Chuck in Lingaard flying up and Dele Alli going up and down like a yoyo the FI market looks to be a volatile place

Just a quick one on this, he was out of contract but has agreed a contract with BM

• @Jay-Frazz said in Goretzka:

@NewUser135969 - Sounds like a good plan.

Bamba is a great shout - from what i read, he is getting better by the game and apparently out of contract in the summer - so a pretty nailed on mover!

Yes he is out of contract, àmazing young talent scored for france u21 other day, linked with Newcastle and west ham, ok not the best of clubs ( but will break the £1 barrer regardelss
    Were ages from the buisness end of tbe window yet) newcastle will be a lot stronger next season, however, all he needs is one good sesson in england at a club like Newcastle and the sky is the limit then . I have built a port folio on free transfers, hovering up very cheap now while everyone is blinkerd on WC players. When the WC ends these cheap free transfers will go through the roof when all the WC cash floods into transfer rumours. Also when it comes to wages english clubs can afird to pay much more in wages than any other country so most of the free transfers will end up over here

• @SMacFI
    Oh no must have missed that
    No matter hopefully picks up in price when World Cup/ next season starts.
    Thank you