Rashford...safe purchase??

• Rashford, been contemplating for a couple of weeks now, should have just brought him but..safe purchase right now at £5.62 for MB and CA??

• Banned

@gball1975 I view him as a safe hold yes, I think even if he was to move on (which people seem sure he won't, I am not convinced), then he isn't gonna drop too much.
    I think long term he will end up as the new Kane, slow and steady divs/cap app but nothing spectacular

• @MrWh1te Rashford move on🙊☹, cant see that. He is only going to benefit from having players like Bruno around him. He's still only 22, in his age group he is one of the highest pb performers and plays alot of games when fit. Only one way🚀🚀🚀😉

• @MrWh1te said in Rashford...safe purchase??:

@gball1975 I view him as a safe hold yes, I think even if he was to move on (which people seem sure he won't, I am not convinced), then he isn't gonna drop too much.
    I think long term he will end up as the new Kane, slow and steady divs/cap app but nothing spectacular

Out of interest where do you think he'd go? Signed a new 5 year deal last summer, 200,000k a week, I'd be surprised if he was willing to stay through the crap periods just to leave when there's a bit of light at the end of the tunnel

• In my opinion he's a ridiculously safe hold, his record since Ole has joined is amazing. Mane has 18 goals in 38 games, Rashford has 19 in 31. People say Rashford is overrated and doesn't perform enough, and people say Mane should win POTY?? Not saying he's as good as Mane but I don't understand the difference in most people's opinion. His stats are really starting to improve and he will directly improve as the team improves. He really is of the mould of a modern day footballer and really does suit playing in that inside left channel. How Sterling is still more expensive than him is beyond me. People spent the summer saying about how he needs to kick on this season, he has done but yet people still want to pick holes in him!

• Banned

@ChazFI123

That depends on a hell of a lot.
    I do not think he would move up, if he did it would be a sideways move, or down.

For instance, if Pogba stays, Bruno fires on all cyclinders, United fly and Rashford doesn't start scoring more goals, what happens then? If Kane comes in, Dybala, does he get pushed to the left, where he is less effective.
    If they get Kane, would Rashford go in a swap deal?
    The problem is, United get linked with so many players it is hard to know which ones come through. Sancho/Kane up front. Would Rashford get anywhere near that team?
    Which formations would they play? Kane/Rashford with Sancho just behind? All 3 up front and concede more goals but score more?
    There are so many open ended questions here.

I don't think he will ask to leave. But there is every chance United decide to sell. Then what? Does Rashford sulk and sit on the bench or make a move?

I don't think he will move from United. I am just not as convinced as everyone else that he won't move. And whilst United are not so much a selling club, they do have a history of letting players go in their prime.

I do not think he will be at United 5 years time from now.

• @gball1975 definitely. I consider Bruno and Rashford my two safest holds mainly because i think these two can return MB without transfer spec. Bruno will improve Rashfords PB and MB. For same reason Rashford has always lagged behind in price on the index and for that reason i find him the most predictable player on FI for timing his CA and its looking like hes starting to catch up and we havent yet experienced him and Bruno linking up. Boring Rashford is becoming a pretty exciting FI hold atm

• @ChazFI123 said in Rashford...safe purchase??:

In my opinion he's a ridiculously safe hold, his record since Ole has joined is amazing. Mane has 18 goals in 38 games, Rashford has 19 in 31. People say Rashford is overrated and doesn't perform enough, and people say Mane should win POTY?? Not saying he's as good as Mane but I don't understand the difference in most people's opinion. His stats are really starting to improve and he will directly improve as the team improves. He really is of the mould of a modern day footballer and really does suit playing in that inside left channel. How Sterling is still more expensive than him is beyond me. People spent the summer saying about how he needs to kick on this season, he has done but yet people still want to pick holes in him!

I was one of those people and he changed my mind this season

• Bomb proof and seems a very level headed decent young man, will be loading up in next month while still under £6 as great value hold

• @MrWh1te said in Rashford...safe purchase??:

@ChazFI123

For instance, if Pogba stays, Bruno fires on all cyclinders, United fly and Rashford doesn't start scoring more goals, what happens then? If Kane comes in, Dybala, does he get pushed to the left, where he is less effective.

Rashford has been a lot more effective from the left wing its where he has found all of this seasons form. No way Rashford leaves United he is in with the brick work

• @THFC1972 said in Rashford...safe purchase??:

Bomb proof and seems a very level headed decent young man, will be loading up in next month while still under £6 as great value hold

You better hurry he might not be under £6 by the end of the day. He is flying this morning

• @THFC1972 I've spent much time on this topic recently and I'm currently of the belief that he is a very safe place for further investment. I had weighed up his lack of potential transfer as a negative but I have noticed he makes a lot of effort to remain present and favourable in the public eye. His PR team do a fantastic job. The only potential negative is the question of pens, which made up a a significant portion of his goals, however I still feel he offers relative value and will potentially create more in a more fluid united team.

I'm also thinking about the potential sell off after the media promotion of which will dent my portfolio (currently geared for MB with Bruno, Kane, Messi, Rashford, Grealish etc). I feel Rashford will be less exposed to potential sell off than the others, perhaps even see an inflow from Bruno.

• @gball1975 said in Rashford...safe purchase??:

Rashford, been contemplating for a couple of weeks now, should have just brought him but..safe purchase right now at £5.62 for MB and CA??

With 40 mins of hindsight I’d say he’s a really safe hold at £5.62.

Did you buy?

• Banned

@Black-wolf I hope you are right, he is my biggest hold along with Kane, Sterling and Werner

• I just wish he’d stop talking about Sancho so much and give us his thoughts on Bruno, Martial and Luis Advincula a little more.

• @Ringers I just wish he would stop talking so that Neymar can start delivering......

• @Harford-is-God said in Rashford...safe purchase??:

@Ringers I just wish he would stop talking so that Neymar can start delivering......

Or start talking about Neymar.

I’d be happy with that.

• @Black-wolf bought a load at £5.76 this morning after previous buying at £4.86 couple of months ago think he is a great player, things happen when he plays for both United and England

• Seems a nice sturdy place to invest whilst getting the most out of the 8.15% promo as well. Especially if you are reinvesting the subsequent dividends from him back in.

• @Ringers @Black-wolf .. yep, brought @£5.67 after the first couple of replies. 👊

You know when you know the answer to your own question but sometimes you just need it confirmed for your own mind??

Cheers chaps!!