Port Flying

• Took a huge dip following football getting cancelled, has slowly crept up since then. My last week has been amazing i'm smashing my all time profit.

Expecting a dip at somepoint though when the bonus gets paid maybe. Everyone else feeling the same with there port?

• Banned

@NewUser384837 Yeah I am seeing the same thing.
    I dont think there will be as much as a dip as their usually is, time will tell I guess

• The last few days has been insane.

My theory is that a combination of all these things are contributing to it:

• People seeing value in PB and getting FOMO
    • The bonus is a nice bit of free money
    • Refunds from cancelled season tickets, holidays, etc. are coming in, so people will have spare cash to throw into the index.
    • No sport so people's money that would normally go to mainstream gambling sites will come here
    • Boredom at home.
    • Mainstream financial markets not doing well, so traders who dabble in both could direct more cash here.
    • No pubs, restaurants, entertainment, etc - so more spare cash to throw here.

• Dip will 100% happen, people will be panicking an they will instant sell, after the 8.25% the dip will happen.

• @Dav said in Port Flying:

Dip will 100% happen, people will be panicking an they will instant sell, after the 8.25% the dip will happen.

If the spreads remain as they are (which I think they will if there's still no news on the football front), I doubt it. Why gain 8% only to lose 40%?

• You can't even instasell. I did a little experiment with one share of Nastasic and it wouldn't let me. I hope lots of people list though i will invest the bonus then.

• most markets in a crisis do have an early bounce followed by a further dip...the spreads on FI may prevent this, just depends how long this goes on for, the longer it goes, the more jobs lost etc people get desperate. I would imagine people are still having to try and IS, and guess thats why IS suspended on some holds. Have been speaking to a stock market expert, will be sharing info soon.

• Been a good week with lots of green shoots, there will be a small dip in the next month before huge rise when announcement football returning, If you can keep money in you should get a big reward

• Most money on FI is tied up in the premium holds that win MB regularly. Given that we're likely at least a couple of months away from football coming back then I don't really see where the big exit is coming from. Who is going to sell premium MB holds at this time? And so long as FI keep the spreads wide then people aren't going to IS, or if they do then it won't be nearly as much money leaving the platform.

• The NxGn2020 list has been published recently which explains the rise in a few wonderkids - Lee Kang-In is the cheapest amongst the top 10 hence the recent rises.

• @Westy said in Port Flying:

most markets in a crisis do have an early bounce followed by a further dip...the spreads on FI may prevent this, just depends how long this goes on for, the longer it goes, the more jobs lost etc people get desperate. I would imagine people are still having to try and IS, and guess thats why IS suspended on some holds. Have been speaking to a stock market expert, will be sharing info soon.

Here's what Hasselbanker said about the dips. Also some examples of player graphs I've been watching during the dip...

https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/post/foresight-3-buying-the-football-index-pb-dip-by-westy-hasselbanker

• Whilst IS is switched off the rises are artificial to some extent.(whilst this is the case the spreads are irrelevant anyway)

Im hoping however, that FI keep IS switched off until there is a date set in stone for football to return and then they slowly ease the spreads back to where they were over time - this may be a stop and start process as FI gauge the reaction to the markets as time goes on.

Any drops at this point should hopefully be offset by the feel good factor of punters eagerly anticipating the return of football and normality as well as more financial certainty

• @Advinculas-Index agreed, which is why I only see prices going up, if slowly. Unless there's an announcement that football won't restart until 2021 or something like that

• 0_1585919644632_upload-bcbe0eb0-6968-4889-8868-104443a8bcc6
    Graph of indexed average price of players in pb leagues between £1-£2 without any serious media scores (as of March 18th- haven't removed any since) taken every 3 days for anyone who wants it.

• Brilliant month so far. Long may it continue

• Quite a few of my holds well up in last couple hours 💰

Quite a few of my trackers also though 😥

• Brace yourself - going to be serious money pumped in this week - where else can you get over 8% interest in such a short period - as long as you pick the right safe players to negate the 2% commission. Then a dip as people realise the 8% hit overall most will stick and then it will fly as footy returns.... imo anyway

• And you can't get your money out so easy this time.

• I don't see much of a pullout. If you look at the reasons for the rises I posted earlier in this thread, they are all still valid after the bonus (apart from the bonus itself). Also most people on variable savings accounts have now had greatly reduced interest rates coming through.

So why remove money from the index? There's not much reason to do so right now.

• @kristiang85 For the same reason however I wonder if there's people that have purely put money in for the bonus and will look to remove it straight after. I don't know if there are FI customers that would do that but if there are I don't think you'd find them on the forum